T-Mobile / false charges

United States Review updated:
I am being charge for a cell that I never used. I have never had a cell phone from t mobile. First letter was for $758.58 now they to pay half and call it paid in full

A  10th of Apr, 2008 by
I had something similar happen to me. Probably a year ago and a little over a year, I turned in my 7500 blackberry and found out later that I was charched a whopping over $200. When I called to investigate, I was told I had dropped my phone in water hence it was damaged. Mind you, the only reason why I turned the phone in for an exchange was because he charging port on the blackberry was not connecting properly with the cable causing my phone to die. It could not be charged. When I called and made the complaint, I was informed that it was a well known problem and that I should send it back once I received the new one. I did just that. After trying to explain it to them that there was no way possible for me to have dropped the phone in water and then sent it their way, they still cut off my service until I paid it off.

Recently, roughly about two months ago, I encounted the same problem again. This time, I went by one of the T-mobile stores for them to double check it and confirm that it was the port. Nothing else was wrong with the phone. When I called T-mobile, I made sure I said to the representative that nothing was wrong with the phone except the charger was not connecting to the port on the phone. I also mentioned my past experience with them. The moist generated on the cell phone while UPS is transporting the phone from one destination to other is unavoidable. Needless to say, I am being charged over $200 for the phone I sent back.

This is fraud by T-mobile. How many people are returning their blackberries with same issue and are being charged 200 dollars. Imagine the amount of money they are illegally making off people who using their services. They don't make it easier for you to drop it off at a T-mobile store for them to package, knowing very well that the moist is inevitable and that is their money making outlet.
I am going to contact Help me Howard to help me. Once this is done, I will not USE T-MOBILE AGAIN.

N  13th of Feb, 2012 by
I have been a customer for over 15 years and had my smart phone for about a year now. I never fully used my 200MB data limit and frequently used 10% or so or my allowed amount. Last night, when I was asleep and my phone was charging, my records showed data usage of 250+MB. I called customer service and was assured it was some kind of a fluke and that a credit will be given to me since this was my first request. However, when I was transferred to next customer service agent I was told that the only way for me to avoid paying for extra usage is to sign up for a higher data plan. When I asked to be told which internet sites I allegedly "visited" to generate such significant data usage I was told that they do not have those records. I believe this is an illegal skim by T-Mobile to get people sign up for more expensive services - first they manipulate your phone/their records to claim you used excess data and then they "force" you to sign up for more expensive services under the disguise of doing you a favor. I know I did not use the phone so either T-mobile (or its partner) sold me me a defective product that connects to Internet without my permission or T-mobile manipulated its data systems. I am seeking people in similar situation so that we can possibly obtain legal representation for class action litigation. It will not cost us anything and should teach T-Mobile to respect its customers and not to falsify the data usage.

T-Mobile USA Logo T-Mobile USA