Super 8 / reservation

I am now boycotting Super 8 and all of Wyndham hotels.

As I was creating a reservation I selected the government rate. I chose the only nonsmoking room on the list. This room was actually a prepaid nonrefundable room. What I don't understand is why this room was even on the list for selection. I didn't even realize my mistake until I went to change the credit card and add an additional night about 5 minutes later. I called the "customer care" line and was told they could not help me or change the reservation. I would think that today in these difficult economic times that someone in customer service would understand the ramifications of poor customer service. It was not as if I was completely canceling the reservation I only wanted to add another night. I asked to speak with a manager and was told that one would call me within 36 hours. That was a week ago.

I called again today to find out any more information, but was given the same line. I chose the room and it is nonrefundable. A manager is suppose to call me today. I will not hold my breath.

Has anyone ever heard of a hotel that will not allow you to change a reservation more than a month away?

Comments

8th of Jul, 2009

That is why online buying is the responsibility of the customer. You can not blame anyone but yourself. You probably got a good discount for booking non refundable. Then you play the dumb game oh I did not mean to do that. Smart up read what you are doing. You made the mistake stop blaming someone else.