Having problems with Super 8?

Super 8 reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Sep 20, 2006. The latest review Being charged 5 times for room! Told they would fall off....NOPE was posted on Jul 10, 2021. The latest complaint room was resolved on Apr 23, 2019. Super 8 has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 529 reviews. Super 8 has resolved 26 complaints.

Super 8 Customer Service Contacts

22 Sylvan Way
Parsippany, New Jersey

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Super 8 Customer Service. Initial Super 8 complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Super 8 above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Super 8. Discuss the issues you have had with Super 8 and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Super 8 Complaints & Reviews, Page 4

May 20, 2019

Super 8 Hotel Filthy Rooms — the deplorable conditions of the rooms offered to me at your midlothian super 8.

On May 18, 2019 I made a reservation thru booking.com for a room at your Midlothian Super 8. The reservation...

Super 8 Worldwidefalse advertisement/ customer service

The fridge wasn't working and the front desk refused to move us to a different room. We were told that this is normal. We ended up throwing away all our breast milk for our infant. We had to purchase formula to replace the breast milk.
When we told the general manager regarding this issue during checkout, his response was 'sorry'. He made no effort to mediate a solution.

Super 8 Worldwidecharges on card

Nowhere in your reservation policy that you emailed to myself states that I would be charged to cancel.
    It says there is a 48 hour cancellation policy but not stating that I would be charged.
    I booked a roomon friday the 10th for friday the 10th in Canmore, AB then was called into Edmonton to a medical emergency with my mother.
    I was then charged even though I tried getting ahold of the hotel and being put on hold for over 12 minutes.
    And when finally getting through I had asked to speak to a manager cia call back and still nobody has contacted me. It's now monday the 13th. How professional is this place??
    Totally disappointed and feel taken advantage of. I am asking for some sort of closure to this and to not be ignored by the people you pay to deal with these issues.
    Shame on you all. I'm demanding a full refund without reaching to other avenues.

charges on card

Super 8 Worldwidesuper 8 laurel, miss.

We stayed in Rm. 111. The carpet is old and filthy. I saw the carpets in two other first floor rooms because the doors were open, same old, filthy carpets. I would rather walk barefoot in a cow stall than on those carpets! If you have any interest in what we think of Super 8 then you will advise the local owner to replace all those disgusting carpets. They make me wonder what's inside the matresses (bedbugs).

[protected]@gmail.com

Super 8 Worldwidecondition of room

The Municipality of Clarington recently booked accommodation for two of our employees to stay at the Super 8 Motel, 281 Woodlawn Road West, Guelph, while attending training at the University of Guelph. The dates of stay was for three nights from Sunday May 5th to Wednesday, May 8th. When these employees returned we were presented with photos showing the unsuitable conditions of the assigned room. The problems included a ceiling patched with a piece of wood and black mold in the tub/shower and dirt around the main entrance door into the room (photos attached). Based on the conditions one of our employees decided to find better accommodation elsewhere in the area while the other had to remain due to financial reasons. It has also been brought to our attention that other Super 8 guests may have declined their bookings as a result of the unsatisfactory conditions that were being offered.

The Municipality of Clarington has booked accommodation for staff at the Super 8 Motel on other occasions in the past and have not received these types of complaints. As such, we are disappointed with the conditions that our recent employees have had to endure. We would appreciate your comments on this situation and your consideration for compensation related to the matter.

Reservation information attached.

40 Temperance Street, Bowmanville ON L1C 3A6
        [protected] ext. 536 l [protected]
        www.clarington.net

condition of room

Super 8 Worldwidethe general satisfaction of the room in yuma, az.

We requested a handicap room because we both have back and legs problems. We received a handicap room and we were both glad about that, however, when we took a shower the hose on the shower head leaked and we both had to use our towels to mop up the floor. Cleaning did replace our towels for the second night. Maintenance did replace the shower hose the second day and we did appreciate it.
          Being a handicap room you would think there would be at least two waste baskets for convenience, however there was not.
          No ice bucket in the room and again if either of us would have been in a wheelchair this would have been a huge inconvenience. Had to go to front desk to get one.
          And when we called to book our room. We ask if there was a pool. We were told, "yes, but not heated." When we arrived there's a sign "Do not use pool." We were also told there was a hot tub. It wasn't operating or even full yet.
          We stayed at a Super 8 in Payson, AZ and it was immaculate. That was way we booked Super 8 in Yuma, AZ. We will never book there again. I guess it's all in the management.

Apr 29, 2019

Super 8 Motel — motel room

During my stay at super 8 Midwest City ok I found BED BUGS in my room therefore I had to leave by 830pm after...

Apr 23, 2019

Super 8 Worldwide — room

I had the worst experience ever! It took the lady 45 minutes to get me checked in because she had no clue...

Super 8 Worldwideunclean rooms

We stayed at the Super 8 in Laramie, WY on April 13, 2019. The bathroom at the Super 8 in Laramie, WY was AWFUL, mold everywhere. Help at front desk was very rude. Going to splash pics of bathroom all over Facebook. Will never stay at a Super 8 ever again. And I demand a refund!!! Deborah May, 118 South Nebraska, Casper, WY 82609 or [protected]@aol.com

I will never recommend this hotel ever. Very dissapointed to say the least.

Apr 15, 2019

Super 8 Worldwide — refund

I was in a room that was very dirty with mold and mildew I didn't stay but a hour also when I left they tried...

Apr 15, 2019

Super 8 Windham — poor service, disruptive guest

On Wednesday, March 20th I stayed at the Super 8 Wyndam in Innisfail, Alberta on my way to a meeting in Red...

Super 8 Worldwidebreakfast

I am a Canadian who for the past ten years have spent our winters in Texas. On our 2000 mile trip each way we try to spend each night on our trip coming and going (two nights each way at least) in Super 8's. On our return trip in the spring we always spend the last night at the Super 8 in Bismark North Dakota, the one at the Junction of Interstate 94 and Hwy 83. This year we spend the night of Tuesday April 2nd. there. We were very disappointed with the breakfast or lack thereof at this Motel. Each time we have stayed there we have always been impressed with the Breakfast as we have been at other Super 8's. We noticed this year that this particular establishment is under new management and the new owners?/managers are East Indian. It appears to me they are trying to cut corners for financial gain as there was very little if any choice. There was NO fruit, NO hot items whatsoever, and we even had to ask for jam for toast. The butter was in a spray bottle, disgusting and the jam that was finally produced was in a large squeeze bottle. Not very sanitary.

We will seriously consider our option to stay at this place ever again.

J Karl Monaghan 131 Litzenberger Crescent Regina, Saskatchewan Canada S4R5X8
              [protected]

• Br
                  Brenda Graves Mar 28, 2021

The housekeeper at the motel 8 in Kingport TN near highway 81 was very nice and friendly. Our rooms was clean and she was very helpful.

Super 8 Worldwidecleanliness of room!

Room 119 at the Super 8 in Kingsport Tennessee was filthy. The sheets were not washed they were stained. The flood had not been vacuumed or mopped. The furniture, dresser and night stand looked as if an animal had been chewing on them. The vanity was dirty, the toilet paper holders wouldn't hold the toilet paper it would fall off. I talked to the attendant on duty and expressed my concerns and did not even get a sorry. What can we do to make it right? Nothing! This hotel needs to be condemned! It isn't fit for animals to stay in.

Apr 02, 2019

Super 8 Worldwide — things take from locked room

I have the information you requested on the rooms we stayed in while at the Super 8. The rooms were reserved...

Super 8 Worldwidefront desk

Had a nice stay untill I got a letter under my door saying they will call authorities because allegedly they had smell marijuana coming from my room which was not true I do not smoke it was very offencive and rude made me feel very uncomfortable to stay any longer I take regular drug screens for my job and what a way to me me feel whil working out of town. Just ridiculous way to treat your guess by accusing them smoking marijuana and threatening to call the authorities beyond mad at the situation!!

Feb 25, 2019

Super 8 Worldwide — hotel

We were a hockey team which booked in for the weekend Feb [protected], under the understanding that there...

Parry Sound

Super 8 Worldwideice machine

I went down stairs for ice because my fiance had jammed a finger so I went for ice this was just a few minutes ago at 4:45 am on the 24 of febuary so I adk the lady at front desk for a bag she gives me the bag and I go to get ice and she tells me that there is no ice I aaid how is that she said well someone took a bunch of ice out of there last night and until someone makes it there is t going to be any so I ask her doesnt the machine makes ice itself and she said yeah but its not going to be any ice until the machine gets cut on and no one has shown me how to do it but you can go to the storw and get ice they will be open soon like why should I have to go buy ice when that is or supposed to be an accommodation well at least I thought it was just like wi_fi so because I cant get ice I guess my fiance hand just gonna keep swelling I am looking forward to someone from headquaters or corporate office to contact me regarding this complaint I am a repeat customer to this same exact hotel and will not come back to super 8 for the rest of my life and will tell everyone how ignorant she was I guess shes lucky both my fiance wasnt there cuz she would of defimatly gotten cussed out and if my fiance would of heard her respomd like she did let me just tell you it wouldnt be good with all that being said I am requesting a full refund and or a couple free nights stay please contact me or my fiance [protected]

Feb 23, 2019

Super 8 Worldwide — inclement weather cancellation

2/22/19 [protected] As of 2/21/19 a trip to Socorro NM was still planned. On 2/22/19 we woke to a bunch of...

Super 8 - Woodstockhotel room condition

I checked into the Super 8 Woodstock on Friday, Feb 1, 2019. I checked right back out within approximately one hour of checking in on that same evening of Feb. 1, 2019. Drove 1hr, 26min—71 miles that Friday afternoon to reach that destination. Arrived with the intent of attending the Woodstock Groundhog Days events through Sunday. I traveled with my dog, therefore reserving a "Pet Friendly" room at a rate of an additional $10/night.

Upon checking entering my room, the first thing I did was undo the corner of each bed to check under the mattress, under sheets, between blankets for bedbugs. I was pleasantly surprised I did not see any sign of bedbugs. I then began to unload all of my belongings from the cart, as I brought food and drinks for the weekend. As filling the refrigerator, I glanced down and noticed that the carpet had clearly not been vacuumed any time recently. There were pieces of something all over throughout the room that I could move and kick around with my foot. I continued to fill the refrigerator with the idea in my head that you get what you pay for.

I then went to set items on top of the wooden entertainment center, then noticing that the dust and grime was so thick I was able to write my name in it.

Next went to the sink to wash my hands of the dust and grime from the entertainment center to find dried crud of some sort stuck to the upper perimeter of the sink, clearly showing that this room had not been cleaned at all.

Looking to confirm that, I then checked the bathroom...again specs of something all over the tile that could be moved around with my foot and spots that could be removed by the rubber of the sole of my boot. At that point, I was not at all surprised when I can across the little black hairs that were in the bathtub.

All of this aside, I weighed my options to the idea that I had just driven this distance, had a fun weekend planned, had a friend heading there from MI to meet me and the idea that there were no other nearby rooms available. So I tried to convince myself that I could clean it myself to make it acceptable for the weekend.

I began by opening the window—of my first floor room—only to find that the window does not lock!! That is where I drew the line. Dog in tow or not, that is not safe.

At that point, I put my dog back on his leash and headed to the front desk. As heading down the hall, I witnessed a tall man in combat boots, camouflage pants and a black jacket walking out of one room and swiping a card and letting himself into another. I continued on to the front desk.

Reaching the desk, I spoke with Norma—the Hotel Manager. I explained the condition of my room. Her response being—"it's a pet room". Evidently, cleaning between customers is optional in "pet rooms"?? I explained that this was beyond the idea of there having been a dog in the room prior. All these issues were unacceptable...mainly the idea that window of my first floor room does not lock. At that point, Norma walked to my room with me to see what I was explaining.

On the walk back to the room, I once again witnessed the tall man in camouflage letting himself into a third room.

Once reaching my room with Norma, I first questioned who that man was, letting himself into rooms without even knocking. Norma informed me that he was an employee and "was doing work". Employee or not, was not acceptable to me and left me more concerned now about safety.

In pointing out each of the cleanliness issues throughout the room to Norma, she had an excuse and explanation for each. First of which her challenging me for the fact that I had undone the corner of each bed to check for bedbugs. She informed me that they do not have bedbugs and appeared offended that I even checked. I told her that I came across the crud in the sink when going to wash my hands. She then challenged the dried up crud because I had washed my hands. I showed the bathroom issues, Norma squatted down and tried to tell me that the spots on the tile were "damage and permanent" and do not come up...as she wiped one off with her finger and then basically said that had not just taken place. I invited her to move around the particles that were loose all over both the tile and carpet and she did not, yet continued to assure me that the room had been vacuumed.

I lastly explained to her about the window that I was opening to air out the over abundance of airfreshener that had been sprayed in there. Naturally her rebuttal to the window not locking was "Nothing ever happens here!" While at the window, I pointed out all the dog hair and grime that was on the window ledge, the ledge that was blocked by a watermark stained curtain. Norma's response to the ledge was "it snows here!". I'm still trying to understand the relevancy to that, seeing as it also snows in Romeoville—which I drove from—yet never seen window ledges so filthy.

Finally, Norma offered at that point that she could refund me and I could leave or she could put me in a "better" room the next morning after others checked out at 11a. I told her I was going to figure out my next move and let her know. I wasn't crazy about the idea of turning around and driving the distance I just came especially now with the sun down and the possibility of slick roads and ice as the temperature had dropped below freezing.

Norma left, I turned on the TV, made a phone call to help with my decision. Noticed at that time, the only working channel on the TV was WLS as every other channel was a frozen screen.

It was moments later that I made the choice to check out and be refunded. As I mentioned earlier, I could have taken it upon myself to clean my room and make it acceptable. But the idea that my intent for the night was to crate my dog then head to the fest, I did not feel safe leaving my dog in the room without me due to a man letting himself in and out of the rooms and a window that does not lock. I was not taking a chance of something happening to my dog. So that being the issue, it made that evening's stay entirely pointless.

As I was heading to the front desk, a man came to my door with a "Do Not Disturb" sign and a suggestion for securing my window. At this point, their assistance was too little, too late.

I went and spoke to Norma and informed her of my decision and she said she would credit me the $94.37 that had been charged to my MasterCard.

I took the cart to my room and packed up. I was out loading my car and on my way shortly after.

On Monday, February 4th I checked my Capital One app looking at activity on my card. Listed in the activity, there was a charge of $74.37 by Super 8 dated Sunday, February 3rd. I immediately called Super 8, was told Norma was not in and to call back after 1p. I called back shortly after 1p, spoke to Norma and explained the additional charge to her. At this point she immediately challenged me and told me that all charges were reversed and that she did not make an additional charge on the 3rd. I tried to explain what I was seeing on my app, Norma repeatedly spoke over me, resulting in me speaking louder. She then told me that...
                      -she reversed all charges
                      -I should know my balance
                      -she was crediting out of her money
                      -I am rude
                      -she doesn't have to deal with me
                      ...and then hung up on me.

Needless to say I am now in the process of disputing this charge with Capital One, after spending over thirty minutes jumping through hoops. All of this time and aggravation is unacceptable and should not be occurring! Not to mention the poor and insulting treatment I received from Norma between her challenging my every complaint and her behavior on the phone.

It is unfortunate that mine and my friend's weekend was cancelled due to the lowsey accommodations this Super 8 provides. This is an annual event for she and I and with the price being right of this hotel, had it been a good experience, this very well could have been our regular destination for that weekend each year.

This location set a precedence for me with the Super 8 name. And really needs to be looked into. As well as Norma needs to brush up on her Customer Service skills. Challenging and spewing excuses for each complaint does not placate an angry customer. She is rude and unprofessional and the February 4th conversation confirms it.

Jan 28, 2019

Super 8 Worldwide — dirty beds/ roaches/ bodily fluids on beds

We checked in to Super 8 on lafayette rd in Fort Oglethorp Ga. It was late we were tired. Went in took a...