Split Ac Electrolux India / poor product... worse service

1 India Review updated:

I purchased an Electrolux Split AC in May 2007.
Within 60 days of purchase, the AC started giving problems with auto shutdown - though the engineers visited promptly the first time but not rectified for many months to come. The AC was opened up and the engineers were frustrated with the company for not providing the right replacement parts.
The problem was not rectified for over 6 weeks - on enquiring I found that the complaint was closed by the service agency - leave alone replacing the defective part, the service agency had even taken away the defective part. The AC was still not fixed up - it was still opened up with all parts lying around my house.
Post escalation to the head of service for delhi and all india (Both of whom need to learn basic etiquettes, I wonder how they landed up as customer service execs) the issue was finally resolved in Nov 2007. Once i started using the AC this season, the problems cropped up again. The head of service in Electrolux was obviously peeved to get a complaint from me again. The problem was supposedly rectified, but I am again facing issues with the AC shutting down and auto starting every five minutes.
Their helpline number [protected] is switched off.
My advise if "Never buy anyElectrolux Product". I want to give this AC as a gift back to the company CEO.

Am

Comments

• Si
      9th of Apr, 2012

I had purchased an AC of 1.5 Ton split type Electrolux on 27-5-2008 but the fan of the outdoor is not working since last year. The serial no. of the AC is R1/87/2008-2009. Kindly arrange to change the same immediately since this is still under warranty period.
    With regards,