Complaints & Reviews

The matrass was too firm and I couldn't replace it now

I went to the store of Englander Sleep and their customer assistant offered me to try one of their matrasses. It was very firm, but the customer assistant assured me that within couple of weeks it would become softer and I wouldn’t feel anything uncomfortable. After 3 months I called to the store and said that it was still firm and couldn’t sleep. However, the customer assistant said that it was possible to change the matrass only within 30 days.

25 PDV pellet stove

We have had this stove for a few years now and it has been nothing but problems, auger motors have gone out...

Mayer Appliances

Poor Quality

Bought a pellet stove form one of their retail sellers. He installed and from that moment . it had issues and problems. Part after part was replaced . At one point said idiot hooked the theromstat up wrong and it wouldnt throw any heat. Wasted pellets after pellets. Next he couldnt finda proble so he unhooked the safety wires to the door and lid ...this made the stove run continually. Couple weeks a fire in the top of the stove...almost burnt my house down. Fire chief condemned the stove. The said idiot comes back into my house the day after and hooks the wires back up because he doesnt want people to think he was responsible ...He then go to te forechief and tells him it was an exttension cord !!! Trying to to take the pressure off him . That didnt fly, because certified wet inspectors said it the most a cord could do during power surge was to shut the stove down!!! He also at some point changed the lid with serial number and the company was going to give me a stove that was $500 cheaper !!! The said idiot actually forgot his tools in the process of hooking up the stove !!! He was given a reasonable amount of time to pick them up but refused . He wanted the stove . Yes the same stove so he could further tamper with it more and try to blame it on me further...I said no way ...it needs to go direct to the company since they already aware he changed serial numbers and hooked up the wires...you see my house is equipped with video security cameras!!! So, I picked out a stove I wanted . the company and I agreed on it . Then calls said idiot saying he wants to know what i want and that he is picking up the stove withut replacement cause it is going to take months to replace...So company flatly iied to me...Two weeks later the company starts calling me again. So does said idiot. When he calls it is quite predictable the Englander calls...So today, I am given an option of no stove . Money back...not for the installation I paid to said idiot ...just the stove money. So i am out, Stove, Installation cost and pellets, high hydro bills because the stove was never running properly, wasted pellets...man I must have stupid written across my head !!! They then proceed to say, well you give him his tools back and he gives you his money back for stove and you give him the stove !!! OMFG...they know he tampered with the stove, serial numbers dont match ...and they demand i give the said idiot his tool back !!! I never held his tools at randsom. He was given a week and then more to pick them up ...however at his time and convenience and without a call !!! He is a 250 lb bully and Iam a single woman ...NOT Acceptable

Sagging

In January of 1907 I purchased an Englander mattress for $680.. The ;next day I changed my mind and in...

Poor reliability

I purchased a new Englander Pellet stove in Fall 2009 from Lowes. It worked fine for the heating season...

2 comments North Reading Other

Nothing but trouble

Yes my husband and I bought a Englander wood pellet stove February of 2010 and this stove has been nothing but a pain my bootie...I have black soot all over my house, the ceilings, my counter tops, my furniture, the dog and even my cats...My white cats are not white, their black...And can u imagine that my family is breathing that in as well...We bought the one stove that is SUPPOSE to heat 2200 square feet and does it? NOPE...We cannot get our living room/dining room (which is connected) any warmer then 70 degrees unless it's 40 degrees outside...Well here in Michigan our winters get pretty cold...It's december now and we've had some really, really cold temps and it was cold in our house...My kids rooms and my room is colder then snot...I would NOT recommend this darn stove to anyone...This last time I had it on, after 3 hours of burning, my burnpot was overflowing because the premium pellets wouldn't burn; they just turn black, then the pellets that are dropping down the shoot are backing up, the glass is totally black, the side of our house is black, it's a mess...We are going to try and get our money back; we still have our receipt, it's not even a year old stove and only used a tad bit in the beginning of the year and a little bit right now and we are very, very disappointed in this product...

• Aj
    AJEWELLJR Dec 09, 2011

I BOUGHT ONE AND I HAVE MORE TROUBLE WITH IT ALREADY REPLACED BOTH MOTOR 2 TIME IN 4 YEARS AND NOW ONE GOING AGAIN

the stove

Do not buy a New Englander stove to save money. Do yourself a favor and spend the extra $$ for a better quality stove. I have had nothing but problems since I bought it ini 2008. Everytime you call service the person gives you a different answer from the time before. Its like you have to sit by the stove and adjust it all the time. Then they expect you to clean it every day!!! What!!! Then the noise is so loud, blowers... Spend the extra money!!!

Your putting you life in danger buying from these company!

I bought this corn/pellet stove from Home Depot in 2007. It worked O.K. for the first year. The second year...

Mattress and box

I purchased an Englander 575596LT Sienna Latex Pt mattress and box 6/6 and was delivered to my home on [protected]. On 11-13-2009 the salespeople came at a charge of $53.17 to check my complaints of sags, lumps, soft spot and noise. They fluffed the mattress, pulled the pillow top and measured. The box was broken and replaced. Now 3 months or so later I am have the same problem with the noise, but the sags, lumps, soft spot never went away. If I call the salespeople out again I will be charged $53.17 to tell me I have a broken box. I feel that this mattress set is defective and it should be checked from a representative of the company. I purchased an Englander mattress set in 1999 and it is the best mattress I have ever owned. Something is not right with this mattress set.

• Ou
    Ouchthathurts May 13, 2010

I think ALL THE COMPANY'S that make mattress have been cheating the public big time and it's time we all file lawsuits against them for fraud. They are called a Class Action Lawsuit. Not only are they overcharging for this crap but it's ruiining our backs as well.

• Be
    Bedfixer1 Jun 29, 2011

I bought the 585595LT Englander Sienna Latex Pillowtop queen in 2010 for $1400.00. At delivery a notice was attached to the bed explaining that sagging of the mattress was normal and is not a defect. The box spring (foundation) sqeeks. I removed the fabric on the underside and discovered that the construction was of 2 1/4 x 3/4 inch cheap knotty pine board frame covered on the top with a piece of cardboard. The wood was supposed to be nailed and glued but the pieces were misaligned so the nails and glue were completely missed in about half of the connections. I had to use about 50 screws to stabilize the frame and make it quite. The cardboard was cut too short and bends inward because it misses the supporting wood. This type construction is typical of inexpensive no name beds, not a well known brand in the $1400.00 range. Englander is a top ten bed company. This particular bed was built by the Fraenkel Company in Olive Branch MS. I have seen the cutaway mockups in stores and they all show metal spring or metal stiffener construction in the $1000.00 plus range. Buyers beware!

poor quality

Bought England pellet stove at Home Depot for a great end of season sale price for our retirement home. Installed it one year ago. Impressive looking unit, supposed to have been top of the line. That's where it ended. A very dissapointing year of operation! Clean it out regularly per manual. Have squeeking lower auger, recirculating blower noise, and pellets pile up on wear plate patrially burned and these are premium pellets bought from a reputable mill. It's performance has been on a down hill slide for the past year. We looked at stoves for over two years! What a dissapointment!

• El
    elizabeth J nickerson Feb 08, 2011

both my husband and I have gotten upper resppiratory problems since using the stove It had to do with the air that is blown out of the stove via the fans. there are no filters as there are on hot aif furnaces to filter the air. there is a big film of black dust on everything every day. the inside of my pidcture window is always covered. We will be hecking our sputum to see if there are any foreign items in it.

poor quality

This is by far the worst purchase I have ever made. I have owned my stove 65 days and it has only worked for 6 days. I might add 6 days not in a row. It was dead when it came out of the box. Customer service sent part after part. Finally I had enought and told them to send me a new stove which they said they would . Just one problem, I would have to bring the 238 lb stove to the shipper and take delivery there of the new one and haul it into the house myself. I said no it want my money back. I bought the stove from Home Depot and called them to return the stove. Home depot is now trying to tell me that because I repaired the stove with parts from Englander that I have now modifed the stove and they cannot take it back. I am so angry at the both of them I would never buy anything like this from Englander ever again or Home Depot. I now have a ton of pellets sitting on my back porch, a $2500 stove that dosen't work and englander and Home Depot pointing at each other as to who needs to take this back. I put this on my credit card and plan to dispute it. Take my advise do not buy a pellet stove ever from Englander. This stove was poor quality in every way possible, never worked, missing parts, broken parts and misaligned parts. Save yourself the headache, DONT BUY IT

Thermostat

I have purchsed a pellet stove from lowes and we installed a thermostat and the stove shuts off before it should and will not come back on, on its own. Can anyone help me with this?

BOTTOM AUGER

WE PURCHASED 2 NEW AUGER MOTORS AND 1 NEW IGNIGHTER WE PULLED STOVES APART A NOTICED BOTTOM AUGER IS WARPED IT IS RUBBING ON SOMETHING WE ALSO REPLACED 1 IGNIGHTER AND IT WAS BENT BADLY LAST YEAR WE SENT A AUGER BACK THAT SPLIT IN HALF AND SENT IT BACK TO YOU AND REPLACED IT FREE OF CHARGE SAME IS HAPPENING AGAIN AND WE WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM YOU THANK YOU

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices