Spirit Airlines / delay

1 United States

Hello, I was scheduled to cruise on the liberty 5/6- 5/10 however my daughters and i missed the boat due to unannounced delays in landing and baggage claim by Spirit airlines.
I actually caught an Uber from the airport heading to Port canaveral while en route i received a call from a carnival rep @0310 asking if we were going to take the cruise, i then advised that we were on our way at which time i was told that if I'm not there by 0330 i could not board the ship we were still 27 min away according to the under driver. Needless to say my kids and i were devastated as this was a graduation trip for my daughter and a birthday trip for myself. I begged and pleaded for an alternative but i was told there was none that could be offered and the best thing to do is u-turn and go back to the airport and obtain documentation of the delay which is what I did and was charged $60 by uber. The airline didn't offer any resolution or accommodations to me.
Im today to request that the penalties that i was charged is applied to another cruise at a later date so that we can finally experience our first ever cruise.
Please help,