Spirit Airlines / flight cancellation

I purchased 3 round trip ticket for me an my handicap son and my grandson 8 years old) from Aguadilla P.R. to Connecticut to visit my daughter on a medical emergency. They cost $369 each plus $50 luggage. On the return flight we were involved in a car accident, this was 4 hrs prior to departure. No one was injured but as soon as we realized that we weren't going to make the flight, my daughter called Spirit airlines to try to get the next flight available to Aguadilla. Mind you I am 69 years old and this was around 3 o'clock in the morning because the flight was leaving at 6:40 from JFK, I was traveling from CT. We found out that because we were not at the airport Spirit Air canceled without refund the return flight. I explained unsuccessfully about the accident, my age, my son's condition, and the fact that I had no means to pay for 3 more tickets on my fix income The police even offered to talk to the representative, but the Customer service representative repeatedly stated that it was a non-refundable ticket. I begged and explained that we didn't want a refund, we needed another flight out, even if there was a penalty, they refused to help me. I requested a supervisor and the representative transfered me to another line that put me on a music hold for at least 45 min. and after holding for so long it got disconnected. My daughter continued to call the next day, we continued to have the same experience, we were put on hold and disconnected. We called the corporate offices in Fla. [protected]) you are automatically sent to a voicemail, I left a detailed message with the record locater, we are still waiting for a response.

Damage Resulting = I had to purchase another ticket with Jetblue (4 days later) after unsuccessfully being able to speak to a live person in their Corporate office since the Customer Service Dept indicated that there was "nothing" they could do. Shame on you Spirit Airlines! Total loss for a senior citizen on a fix income with a disable son, an extra $700-. Loss for the aggravation, rudeness, lack of service, lack of consideration, respect and comparison to another human being, priceless...

Comments

• Ye
      9th of Apr, 2008

All i have to say is NEVER AGAIN!!!never again with spirit airlines i mean WOW i felt alittle bad for being a little ### to the people in atlanta which is where the worst experience of my life began with spirit... but then they just left us in florida nobody gave me or the other handful of angry flyers an apology or an acceptable explanation on why they were just leaving us stranded there... instead spirit employees called 3 cheriffs on us and treated us like tha bottom of their shoe... i just can't believe that spirit airlines managers and all their employees are such ###s i mean there was two unnaccompanied minors who had to probably sleep in the florida airport until the next night because spirit airlines would not help tham in any way at all!!! I had to spend all this extra money and now i'm kinda stranded at my destinated city i mean i don't know how me and my infant and my little sister are going to get back to atlanta but i want to tell the whole worldto know how badly we were treated at spirit so that nobody purchases tickets with them because their conduct towards the consumer was just so horrible but all i have to say is even if spirit offers a one dollar flight i would not be on it HELL NOOO!!! NEVER AGAIN!!!

• Ly
      24th of Sep, 2008

Oh, I agree with all of the problems with Spirit Air. Their 800 number is a call center in India, the employees have been instructed to never allow a caller to speak with a manager, even the corporate Customer Service center in Fort Lauderdale won't allow a person to speak with a manager. This presents a serious problem for customer service if this is their corporate policy.

Due to medical reasons I had to cancel a flight, now my doctor won't allow me to fly for quite some time and they will not issue a refund.

I suppose if I can get Greyhound to issue refunds and apologies then I can attack another company with bad policies and extremely bad customer service to get them to understand that their business is about their customers and when they don't have any customers, they won't have a business.

• Pa
      23rd of Nov, 2008

My luggage was misdirected from Ft. Lauderdale to Puerto Rico. It was supposed to go to Detroit with me.
    When it arrived, three days later, my camera was gone and my jewelry. Over $500. Spirit is not liable for anything. This just gives their people the opportunity to steal. When I finally received a call the agent told me she knows the employees at Spirit steal. Isn't that nice.

• Af
      2nd of Dec, 2008

I had a resevation for Detroit to New York for October 16, 2008.

On October 13, 2008 I had a bad Heart Attack. I was unable to travel.

It is therefore requested to re-scheduel the reservation without any penalty. As it was not my fault. I was hospitalized for 3 days. Two days in ICU and and rest in the Private.

Locator # is S3TQFF

• Al
      28th of Apr, 2011

I BOOKED A ROUNDTRIP TICKET FROM DETROIT TO FLORIDA I TOOK SICK AND I CALLED TO RESCEDULE MY ROUNDTRIP DEPARTURE DATE TO KEEP MY RETURN. WAS NEVER TOLD THAT THE WHOLE ROUND TRIP WAS CANCELED NOW IM STUCK HERE IN FLORIDA WITH NO WAY HOME. HOW IM I TO HANDLE THIS MATTER. ON MARCH 30TH I COMFIRMED A FLIGHT FROM DETROIT TO WEST PALM I TOOK SICK THE DAY OF FLIGHT WITH A TOUCH OF PNEUMONIA.WAS NEVER TOLD I NEEDED TO MAKE ANOTHER RESERVATION.BUT WAS NOT TOLD THAT MY RETURN FLIGHT WOULD BE CANCELED.CHECKED SEATING AND COULDNT GET A SEAT ON THAT FLIGHT. CALLED AIRLINESS WAS THEN TOLD THAT MY FLIGHT WAS CANCELED. HOW CONVINENT. AND SORRY IS NOT GOING TO GET. LOSS MONEY ON THAT FLIGHT CAN'T GET BACK TO WORK. WHAT IM I SUPPOSE TO DO NOW. A RESPONSE FROM YOU IS EXPECTED.I WANT MY MONEY BACK AND WAGES LOST FROM MY JOB.