Southwest Airlines / terrible service!
Unfounded 'Late Checked' - Bad Customer Service or Bad Math? A friend flew in from Chicago to Hartford (flt 224, March 20, 2008). He arrived at the airport with plenty of time (over an hour), but there was a line for a basketball team (or March Madness fans). In any case, his claim sticker was marked 'Late Checked'. The time on the sticker was 8:05, flight time was 8:50, and required check-in was 45 minutes before flight time. (By my calculation - just under the wire). His luggage did not make it with the flight, and he was not given an estimated arrival time (next flight was due to arrive in about 6 hours). Now the only way he can get the baggage is to drive 110 miles (round trip) or pay $60 for delivery. The local baggage office says 'the computer says he was late, ' call their customer service [protected]), their customer service is closed almost 4 days until Monday for the Easter holiday, (it is Thursday evening), their main number [protected]) says I should call the local baggage Supervisor, and now the local baggage office is closed. My company prefers that we fly Southwest to save money. I have had pretty good experiences to date. It's sad to see this decline in customer service.
Our friend is a college student, whose only income is from Army Reserve. You can see the claim ticket at www.helpact250.com/swa_math.jpg.
More Southwest Airlines Complaints & Reviews
- Southwest Airlines - items stolen out of luggage. 
- Southwest Airlines - baggage lost 
- AirTran Airways - airtran cancellation charges 
- Southwest Airlines - refund money credit from last year 
- Southwest Airlines - open seating - not 
- Southwest Airlines - flight attendant lauren on flight 6271 from tampa to dallas
- Southwest Airlines - flight delayed
- Southwest Airlines - wn5384 boi to geg
- Southwest Airlines - horrible service
- Southwest Airlines - gate employee