Sonic Drive In / service

1 Dowlen St close to DelawareBeaumont, TX, United States Review updated:

Not sure who this complaint is going to. I want to send it to a Sonic Manager. This new sonic drive in on Dowlen in Beaumont Tx. needs help. There service is horrible. They will never answer after you push the button, so you move your car and go to another stall, the same thing happens. I keep pressing the button over and over, no one answers! Finally I see a carhop and ask them if it is working, but today I got a manager. He told me there was 4 people working and they just couldnt anwer all the calls. HELLO!!! all you have to do is tell us you will be right with us instead of ignoring us. If this was the first time, but this happens all the time.
I know this is the second new manager I have talked to since this place has open. The employees need to be trained better. If this complaint doesnt go to home office, I will look into this futher. Like I said this does not happen at other sonics.
Signed tired of waiting 20 min. for someone to answer!!!

Di

Comments

• Da
      29th of Jun, 2009

I've never been to Texas but I had a similar experience today in Uniontown, PA. I realize the town just had an Independence Day celebration at the nearby mall and the Uniontown Sonic was busy. But I don't see any reason to ever sit at one of the stalls for 25 minutes and not have someone at least acknowledge your presence and give you an estimated wait time. I pushed the button several times, tried another stall etc. To make things worse, nowhere could I find any indication of the restaurants hours. There were a few carhops moving about some of the cars. None ever came over to tell us anything. Were some of the stalls broken? Should have a sign or something posted so you don't waste your time. Was the store closed? All the lights were still on at all the stalls, the drive-thru, inside and at the outdoor tables. And again, no store hours anywhere to be seen. As a last resort, I tried the drive thru and waited behind several cars, all of which waited their turn, waited for someone to answer, then drove away out of the drive thru lane. Why all the lights still on? Why not put out some cones to let people know it's closed? I can't appreciate a place that doesn't respect my time or my business.

• Tu
      7th of Jul, 2009

10th of Aug, 2009

Let me explain something to you, it doesn't matter why you can't acknowledge customers. It just matters that they aren't acknowledged, they can't tell if the store is closed or closing and if someone doesn't fix the situation, people will leave. Look at all the complaints about Sonic posted on https://www.complaintsboard.com. Seems like a lot of unsatisfied customers. Be glad people take the time to complain. It might give management or corporate a chance to fix a big problem.

• Ih
      2nd of Sep, 2009

[Let me explain something to you...When 5 people push that little red button the headset inside beeps and the orders just stack up. They can't just answer and say they'll be right with you. It doesn't work like that. They probably need more help, but it is not possible to answer it until all of the people that pushed the button before you have placed their order...]

Yeah, if you keep pushing that damn button, it stacks up, and they're gonna have to turn off the machine, then turn it back on. And GOING TO ANOTHER STATION DOESN'T HELP! It just repeats the cycle all over again.

3rd of Sep, 2009

Never said I kept pushing that damn button. I may have pushed it a second time because at the restaurant I visited, there aren't even directions, just a little button staring at you. The whole process is apparently poorly thought out. Sonic mgt or corporate needs to address this. My complaint was never directed at anyone in particular, including the local store workers. Only that something is wrong and needs fixed. And how in the hell is a customer supposed to know if his red button is working or broken if there is no way of letting him know he is in some sort of cue. When you make a phone call to a company and get put on hold, this is why you hear music---to let you know you are in a cue and connected. I can't blame a worker who is forced to work with a flawed system. Assuming what you say is true about not being able to answer and say they'll be right with you, then there is the problem. They need to be able to do this. If you can't understand my point then we'll let it be at that.

• Dh
      17th of Dec, 2009

The way it works, Dan, is like this:

You drive up and press the button that says "Press To Order". Pressing it multiple times before anyone answers your call doesn't do anything. Do not let anyone tell you it does, because it doesn't.

After you press the button, your order is placed in line to be taken. If there is no line, of course you should be answered promptly. You are perfectly within your right to become irritated if they don't answer within about 15 seconds. Sonic has set the ideal reply time (the time it takes for someone to answer you) to 8 seconds with over 30 seconds being ridiculously slow. Each location has, on average, three speakers with which to answer calls.

However, if you do move to another stall after waiting for a few seconds or minutes, it will increase the amount of wait time you must experience because the system is not able to choose which orders it answers. It always just takes the next in line according to how long that particular stall has been waiting. When you moved, you were placed at the end of the line again.

However, I still say that you have a right to be irritated because the service at this location seems to be terribly slow.

• Dh
      17th of Dec, 2009

Oh, and if the button is programmed correctly, then while you are waiting it is either supposed to light up or flash until the station has been answered or deactivated. I would take you issue to corporate by calling 1-800-OK-SONIC and explaining the situation. The customer service reps are typically very helpful.