SmartStyle / horrible haircut and horrible customer service

United States, Texas, Lake Jackson Review updated:
SmartStyle Salon
Lake Jackson
I had very thick layered hair that was about half way down my back. I went into Smartstyle for a trim and told the lady I wanted about 3 inches off while keeping my layers. Everything was going fine till she got to the part around my face. She asked if I wanted a face frame so I said yes but in LONG layers. She cut my past the shoulder length hair to chin length. The damage was done so she did the other side to match. She showed me the back and said how she was going to fix it. She cut something but I'm not sure what because she was in a terrible hurry. As soon as she was done she asked if I wanted to put my hair in a ponytail and I did so because I can't stand my hair that short. When I got home I used my hair straightener on my hair and was horrified! She left my hair with what looks like a bob with a mullet in the back! Plus the layers in the bob are not even even at all. I went back the next day to have them fix it but my horrible stylist wasnt there so they refused to do anything. I was steamed and when I went back home I called there customer service number at [protected]. The lady I spoke to said my haircut price would immediately refunded and the area supervisor would be notified of their refusal to fix the problem. Also while I was getting my haircut one of the other rude stylist was talking to her friend about my 2 year old daughter and making rude comments about her hair and how she would get away with being a lot more mean to customers if she could. I will NEVER go back to another Smartstyle Salon EVER!

A  4th of Sep, 2012 by
Had the same experience thi past saturday at a smartstyle. Seems that they are hiring unexperienced and mean hairstylist!
A  25th of Feb, 2013 by
The EXACT same thing happened to me! The most >horrible< haircut I've ever had in my life! It looked exactly the same way you described yours as looking! I emailed them and I'm telling everyone I know how awful the stylists are and how expensive and rude they are at "smart" style. What a joke and waste of time and money. You can't just get a normal wash and cut. They charge you for EVERYTHING...the wash, the conditioner, the drying, the cut and the styling. PLEASE DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY WITH THESE PEOPLE! The only smart thing about my experience was that I know better now!

SmartStyle Logo SmartStyle