Sleepy's / Fraud and cheating
I was wavering on whether to buy this bed, but my wife really wanted it. The salesperson said he could defer payments for a year, and he would somehow build any finance charge back into the price - he made it sound like he was taking money off, but he didn't.
Then without notice or any mailings, I get a phone call that I had been turned over to a credit collection agency, and they had filed on my credit report. Even though I immediately sent them a bunch of money (after chewing them out) they said they 'withdrew' the promotion and now have the original full price of the bed, but at 29.99 percent interest. By the way, Sleepy's is a wholly-owned subsidiary of GE finance, so the real business here apparently is credit card scams. Now I have to find a way to get some other money to pay these jerks off. Worst experience of my life, and I'm not that happy with the bed.
You would be crazy to deal with these people. They are scam artists.
More Sleepy's Complaints & Reviews
- Sleepys/miralux Mattress - return policy 
- Sleepy's Mattress - Defective product, horrible return/refund policy 
- Sleepy's - Dishonest sales tactics, poor customer service 
- Sleepy's - Sleepy's Scam
- Sleepy's - Bad experience 
- Sleepy's - unethical business practices 
- Sleepy's - your exchange/return policy
- Sleepy's - Mattress
- Sleepy's - Defective Mattresses/Bad Customer Service
- Sleepy's - Sales tactics