Sky Sports / commentators comments

1 7 Tadman Close, Molescroft, Beverley, HU17 9GW, United Kingdom Review updated:
Phone: 07912 324421

(Letter to Sky)
Dear Sir

I write in horror to a comment that was made by your commentator during the English Schools Championships. The event was the Junior Girls 4 x 100m relay, Humberside came in second place. When the race was reviewed by your commentator he announced that the relay team had a weak link and named the athlete as Alex Stimpson.

Alex is in fact a strong, dedicated and respected athlete and shows much promise and potential for the future of British athletics. Her commitment to training and her team is to be admired and should be used as an example for others to follow.

I am in fact a Level 5 coaching trainer and assessor working for the Ministry of Defence. I also work with young athletes and see the emotions they go through to achieve their goals. Your commentator must realise that making comments like this on national television has probably destroyed all the years of coaching, hard work and ladder climbing that Alex has had to go through to get to English School’s standard.

We are extremely proud of Alex (Silver Medallist) and will now work hard with her to bring her confidence back from ground zero and can only hope that Alex will use this experience as a control trigger to put her at the top where she belongs.

I am sure that a letter of apology to Alex would be the start of this process and that measures must be taken to realise these are still children working hard to fill the shoes of their heroes.

Regards
Chris Preston-Routledge
[protected]
[protected]@prestonroutledge.karoo.co.uk
Alex Stimpson - [protected]@hotmail.co.uk

Comments

• St
      12th of Dec, 2011

As someone who pays £78 A MONTH to sky and is also, I admit a MCFC fan, I was disgusted with Ray Wilkins' biased match summarising when we played Chelsea tonight. If he can't be unbiased then I don't want my hard earned cash to go in his pocket. you were out of order Ray and have gone down in my estimation. Stick to commentating on games that you have no bias with.
    Yours.
    S Beeston

• Al
      15th of Apr, 2012

How can Dwight Yorke be commenting on Manchester United penalty decision when he is obviously so biased towards Manchester United it is untrue. I am paying a fortune to watch Sky sports and the biased views week after week from so called experts makes me wonder why I am paying for it.

• Go
      5th of Oct, 2014

When are Sky Sports going change their Main Football Commentator Martin Tyler?

He gets all the big games and he drives me MAD !! He spends about 65% of the time driveling on about a load of nonsense, facts and figure's that quite frankly are irrelevant and very boring instead of actually describing the action on the pitch.
    He leaves huge pauses in the middle of his sentences as well, which is absolutely infuriating. Martin Tyler is the worst Football commentator I've ever heard, Sky Sports used to give you a facility to switch off the commentary, I wish that was still available as I'd use it every time Tyler was appointed commentator.

Come on Sky Sports get your act together and sack this idiot, he's spoiling your so called Super Sunday Games

Your irritated

Gordon Leach

• Ke
      23rd of Dec, 2018

Watching Everton v Spurs...Martin Tyler (worst commentator ever) mentioning Manchester United and their interest in Pochettino at least 10 times during the match. Then has the gall to say " if we are to believe all the talk". Believe it!!!... It is media people like him that start "All the talk" !!

It was a match featuring Spurs and Everton and probably watched on TV by a majority of Spurs followers. Why mention Manchester Utd at all? It had NOTHING to do with the game...were they playing?? Tyler is the biggest turn off on Sky Sports. Spurs fans do NOT want to hear about Man Utd and Pochettino whilst they are watching their team playing. About time Sky Sports had a shake up regarding their personnel...Merson, Nicholas, Thompson...Fed up with their drivel...time for a change. Thank God that BT Sports is around. Time to jack Sky Sports in.