Complaints & Reviews

sky sports

I would like to complain about the obvious bias not necessarily towards any particular club but 100% against Celtic Fc.

I have come to notice over the period of this season there has been a cynical attempt to portray Glasgow Celtic as a different club than reality would suggest whilst at the same time portraying Steven Gerrard as the voice of Scottish football.

I have also noticed there has been an attempt with Kris Boyd at the forefront to antagonise the Celtic supporters who I might add make up a far bigger portion of Sky's income provided by any football club In Scotland.

I also imagine that this will not be the first time someone has raised one if not all off the accusations I have mentioned above.

As this is a complaints process and given the issues I have raised mainly the accusation of antagonism towards Celtic supporters I expect there will be a reply which I suggest you take careful consideration when you make that attempt of convincing me that nothing I have raised is true as there is a petition going to have Kris Boyd removed from working as a Scottish football pundit in the future, I mention this as it will only strengthen any case taken to ofcom if none of the items raised above are not addressed.

I know I have kept my accusations pretty vague but please do not underestimate the examples that are at hand if I felt that going to a regulator was the only way to seek the change that is needed.

As a avid supporter of Scottish football for a number of years and having watched the game on both sky and bt sports me and the majority of supporters from all clubs believe that the product sold to us by sky sports falls way short of what we have enjoyed with bt sports and if things were not to improve I can only imagine how much interest and support there would be for a petition to ofcom for the rights to Scottish football be readdressed as the product falls way short of what should be expected given the revenue generated from it.

I look forward to hearing your views on this and hopefully you can assure me that things will be improving especially given the exclusive rights you will have in the not too distant future.

Regards

Vincent Hughes.

kris boyd

I am a Celtic fan firstly but a fan of football & I like to think a decent hunan being. I was horrified at Kris Boyd's personal attack on Leigh Griffiths. It is a well know fact that sadly Leigh Griffiths is battling with his mental health. In my opinion, any one battling with their health, be it mental or physical, should be supported, applauded, not brought down on national TV. If i had attacked someone at my place of work, i would be punished. There is obviously no love lost between Kris Boyd & Leigh Griffiths, let them sort it out themselves, certainly not on TV. Kris Boyd's display was totally totally out of order & both my husband & i are considering dropping Sky Sports from our package as soon as we can.

• Pe
    Pedro 21 Jan 24, 2020

Every decent Celtic fan stop subscrbing to sky sports

regarding kris boyd

dear Sir/madam,
I wish to register my disgust regarding your pundit Kris Boyd and his comments towards Celtic player Leigh Griffiths after the Kilmarnock v Celtic match on Wednesday as a man who has suffered from mental health issues recently I thought his comments where absolutely disgusting and childish and brought on by nothing more than nastiness and pure bigotry if this man continues to work for sky I will be cancelling my account I have had for many years, may I add I am not a Celtic fan just a football fan

kris boyd football pundit?

I am complaining about the disgusting attack on leigh Griffiths! by the pundit chosen by SKY to represent our game in kris boyd! He is a hater of all things Celtic, and a rangers Charlotten! He is the worst and most biased pundit on TV! He's meant to be a representative of the mental health association and yet he can belittle a guy who is still dealing with those very issues, by bringing up his stats and slagging them off! Even though most of the time leigh has been out battling a mental illness .. he is an absolute joke instead he wants griff punished for throwing a ball of tape! Nothing from him regarding the horrific and deliberate attack on a 19yr old frimpong!! He needs to go he is an embarrassment to the Channel.

sky sports commentator - kris boyd

As a mental health nurse I provide card for individuals from all backgrounds and was Astonished that Kris Boyd who himself is an "ambassador" of his own mental health charity had several inappropriate comments on Leigh Griffiths.

Not only were his comments inaccurate they detract from an individual who has been open about mental health issues.

Although not supportive of Mr Griffiths actions - we have a footballer who by sharing his issues might have helped many thousands being slated by one of Sky sports commentators!

Are Sky Sports supportive of Kris Boyd who seems not only content to keep a void between Celtic and Rangers but to fuel it! An "ambassador" for a mental health charity who clearly does not understand the struggles of poor mental health.

I would hope Sky Sports act on this and have a very public employee at least make a public apology to Leigh Griffiths and all the thousands of individuals who face a daily battle with mental health issues.

Or are Sky sports supportive of a clearly bigoted and uneducated individual who in my opinion will slate anything to do with Celtic.

Yours sincerely

Neutral sports fan.

kris boyd

Kris Boyd's comments on January 22 after the Celtic / Kilmarnock match were hugely derogatory towards people with mental health issues. He uses statistics to substantiate poor performance on the part of Leigh Griffiths. That is a twisted perspective. During that time, Leigh was ill, which he came out and openly admitted. To include that in a performance analysis is wrong. I will be cancelling my Sky subscription if you continue to employ people with hidden agendas that use a very trying health issue to support their bias.

John Davis

kris boyd

On sky sports main event on Wednesday 22/01/2020 at 19:15 was a programme Kilmarnock v Celtic, after the match 1 of the pundits kris Boyd went on to target Celtic player leigh griffiths and slag him regarding his recent lack of Celtic apperences, knowing full well the reason was leigha recent struggles with mental health,
Kris is a former rangers player who has previously given unfounded and wrong comments regarding leigh which I feel is also a breach of his position as this should be unbiased and fair!!

[Resolved] scottish premier league pundit

22nd January 2020

Kilmarnock vs Celtic

Football pundit Kris Boyd's views on player Leigh Griffiths mental health was absolutely disgusting to watch and listen too. I pay my sky sports to watch the football and listen to the pundits discuss the game not someones mental health! Mental health in men is a big topic just now. If anyone watching last night was affected by mental health it could have put them off speaking out. As a football pundit on a platform like sky sports you have a duty of care for the viewers. Have an opinion about players game time but not mental health.

• Resolution Statement

I

presenter

I believe Kris Boyd's comments about Leigh Griffiths, in particular the number of games he has featured in for Celtic completely inappropriate given that a significant number of those games were missed due to his mental health. I myself have suffered and it is people like him that can push you over the edge. His conduct and comments were a disgrace and a smear in the name of his employer Sky!

sky pundit kris boyd

Dear Sir/Madam,

I wish to register my disgust at the comments made by pundit Kris Boyd regarding Leigh Griffiths following the Kilmarnock v Celtic SPL match last night.

Leigh Griffiths has just returned to football following serious issues around his mental health. Kris Boyd's comments were thoroughly disgusting and totally out of order. I would suggest that Mr. Boyd's contract as a Sky pundit be terminated with immediate effect as he showed total disregard for the mental health of Leigh Griffiths.

If Mr. Boyd was employed in any other occupation, he would be summarily dismissed for his vile comments.

Yours faithfully,
John Cassidy

spfl sports presenter

Your football presenter boyd again made a vicious verbal assault on Celtic player Leigh Griffiths. A player who has just returned to football after dealing with huge personal issues. boyd has serious issues with both Leigh and Celtic Football Club. How can you have a bigot like this fronting Scottish Football on sky you should be ashamed of yourselves. Wake yourselves up and get this bigoted, biased, clown. It's going to cost you subscriptions.

kris boyd - football pundit?

I would like to lodge a complaint regarding the unfortunate after match comments of the supposed football pundit Kris Boyd.
He clearly had a pre-planned script regarding his verbal attack on Leigh Griffiths.

Leigh Griffiths has come back from a much publicised period of mental health issues, yet he decided to rant that Leigh Griffiths had only played a percentage of games over the last couple of season, stating that he didn't think he was doing enough in training to merit a starting place in the first team.

He then went on to mention that he didn't think that Leigh Griffiths was mentally fit (after a supporter, who was allegedly verbally abusing Griffiths all night) was hit by a bit of tape thrown by the player. This is a man who started up his own mental health charity after the unfortunate death of his own brother, yet uses his position on Sky Sports to stand there and verbally abuse a player who is coming back from his own personal hell. He should know better. Then he states that Griffiths should expect punishment for his actions! Who is he to decide what is actionable?

Kris Boyd doesn't hid his dislike for Celtic, he never has. He can't be open minded over a performance. A few weeks ago after a Celtic match he stated there were no great players in Scottish football. Yet last night he says that Edouard and Morelos (why he even brought him into the conversation beggars belief?) should go to a top side in England as they are great players and should play at a higher level? Obviously trying to get Edouard Sold?.

Last night showed he is neither a good pundit due to his comments as well as his uncomfortable delivery. The Scotland Manager Steve Clark and Sky presenter Eilidh Barber looked embarrassed as he tripped over his words and delivery trying to justify his statements.

I think I speak for a lot of viewers when I say he isn't welcome on our screens when we are paying to watch out team and then be subjected to this bile. I would suggest removing him from future Celtic matches as well as a public apology from both Kris Boyd and yourselves after last night latest attempt of punditry.

The man is an embarrassment to himself, his charity, Scottish Football and to your Programme.

sky sports commentator kris boyd

I have to register my astonishment at the behaviour of Kris Boyd at the end of the Kilmarnock v Celtic game last night.

Given the well documented issues that Leigh Griffiths has suffered it is beyond comprehension that a so called fellow professional could say what he did live on TV.

For anyone to make such an attack on anyone who has and may well still be suffering mental health issues is unforgivable.

Kris Boyd should be made to attend mental health classes and perhaps he would better understand his miss guided comments.

Very poor from a reputable broadcaster such as Sky.
Giffnock ,Glasgow

pundit

I watched the celtic vs kilmarnock game yesterday and the comments made by kris boyd about leigh Griffiths were absolutely disgraceful especially when boyd himself is involved in a mental health charity, it seems to me that kris boyd has very little football knowledge or understanding he certainly is making sky sports a laughing stock as sky sports are paying this clown a wage to spout either untrue statements or derogatory comments of a player who suffered from mental health issues, I sincerely hope he makes an apology or at least not given the chance of punditry or top spfl games in future.

I am complaining about kris boyd

Dear sir/madam I would like to complain about Kris Boyd as the comments he made about Leigh Griffiths last...

kris boyds comments

As a Kilmarnock fan I'm very unhappy with kris boyds comments about Leigh Griffiths live on sky sports 22/01/20.id like to know how sky lets someone comment like this about someone who suffers mental health problems. As of this behaviour I will be cancelling my sky sport I am not paying for a service to listen at someone take a swipe at someone live on sky sport. Sort it out

sky sports football: kris boyd

I would like to file a complaint against football pundit Kris Boyd regarding the comments he made last night in the Kilmarnock vs Celtic football match at Leigh Griffiths. His comments where vile, selfish and he should be sacked by Sky. Depression is already a hard subject for males to talk about and comments like these make it even tougher for people to discuss and find the help needed. Kris Boyd should be disgusted and so should Sky to continue his employment after these comments.

kris boyd

Kris Boyd in sky sports after Celtic game last night was nothing short of vile. The way he spoke about Leigh Griffiths. How many games that he missed. Why did he miss them well he was ill What an excuse for a so called pundit. You are scraping the bottom of the barrel using him An arrogant ignorant vile excuse of a man
As an ambassador for mental Heath awareness he needs to take a long lookat himself He has no right to speak about anyone like that. Vile vile vile

kris boyd on sky sports

The man is total disgrace, his treatment live on air about a man that has had mental health issues ( Leigh Griffiths) is nothing short of deplorable. I don't feel this man should be on the television at all, never mind doing punditry on Celtic games. His bitterness shone through last night toward Celtic, Leigh Griffiths and Mental health in general.
I hope sky sports recognise how serious mental health is and the need to show support to people with this illness and not openly bash someone live on air about his personal life and how he's only managed to play so many games and how his career is under threat.
It was disgusting to watch and I hope you take a strong stance.

tv pundit kris boyd

His treatment of leigh Griffiths was none other than shocking this idiot should not be near a TV studio and I'm very surprised by such a massive company like sky would employ such a plonker. I will be doing my upmost to try get people to cancel all sky subscriptions until this idiot is removed from our TV screens, I know this proberly will come to nothing but maybe just maybe sky will listen and do the right thing. 💚💚Leigh Griffiths 💚💚