Skechers USA / skechers shape ups

Canada

I know that these shoes are no longer manufactured but I purchased them while on holiday a few years back at a Skechers Store. I brought them home and put them in a cupboard that has no heat source and stored them. Recently I began walking to improve my health. I took these shoes from the cupboard and began using them in August 2018. I used these shoes in good weather and if the weather was inclement I would wear different shoes. I loved the feel of these shoes and the comfort.

In January 2019 I was in Palm Springs and took these shoes with me. On January 16, 2019 I was at the Living Desert with my grand children and when I returned to our resort I felt there was something wrong with the shoes. I checked the shoes and found that the rubbers sole was separating from the upper on both shoes.

I could not believe this. The shoes were ruined. I could not wear them again. I had to attend a local store and I purchased a pair of Merrill walking shoes.

Even though the shoes were a number of years old I don't believe this should have happened. Maybe this is the reason this shoe is no longer produced?

I have owned a lot of shoes in my 66 years and this has never happened. All the shoes that I have owned whether they are dress, casual, sport or other have always lasted me a long time. These are definitely the exception.

I believe that Skechers should either replace the shoes or reimburse me for the cost of a new pair. Unfortunately I do not have the receipt for the purchase but Skechers should know what the retail value for these shoes was.

I am including a number of pictures and from the pictures you can see that there is very little wear on these shoes.

Hopefully there will be a resolution.

Regards