Sirius XM Radio / monopoly

Sirius XM Radio
1500 Eckington Place NE
Washington DC
Phone: 202-380-4000
Since XM Radio became a monopoly by purchasing Sirius radio they have been raping customers. They combined the two operations of the only two satalite radio services. They cut jobs and costs by combining the two broadcasting. They charge extra if either of the two previous service customers wish programming from the other company. They then they cut customer offerings like on line access and then charged more for old programming.

This is exactly why the government is supposed to prevent monopolies and protect the consumer. Here we see the government allowing the monopoly and letting the monopoly fleece the customer base during a historic depression in the United States economy.

I enjoyed my satalite radio but am willing to go back to free radio and my CD and I-pod. Satalite radio needs to go bankrupt!

A  14th of Apr, 2009 by
I was for the merger, feeling that when the companies merged they would combine the great programming of both, but not only are they rasing the prices, they are charging for services they never charged for in our original contracts. here is a copy of an email explaining why they are stopping online radio and charging a "Premium" to use it:

In response to your email, we have upgraded all our online listening platforms to higher digital quality as of March 11, 2009. In order to support the technology needed to provide such premium benefit, a small monthly fee of $2.99 is required.

What premium service, its the same service, and if you want an actual premium service, then they want to charge more. Very bad move, I feel like now they are purpously trying to sabotage themselves to get a "BailOut"

VERY DISAPPOINTED!!! BAD MOVE, XM-Sirus, you should try to keep the listeners you do have happy, your already a pricey service, and in this economy, one is not willing to put up with these games.

Sirius XM Radio Logo Sirius XM Radio