Shoppers Drug Mart / unclear communication,

1 2656 Pembina HighwayWinnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Shoppers Drug Mart (Winnipeg, Pembina/Dalhouse) I needed a pack of gum, found some quickly, and stood in line behind one other customer at Till 3. The cashier (also the manager on duty), told me that I needed to stand back and wait in queue. I asked where, and she pointed out a line of...one other person...standing by the aisles 15 yards away by Till 1. This is preposterous. There was no signage, neither on the floor nor as a stand on the ground telling people this. It was awkward, and bizarre. And, this manager said that this was "Shopper's rules". Only one person at the till at a time. So, as I go to stand in queue, I end up being the only person there (15 yards away), waiting for either Till 1 or Till 3 and I got the same cashier. As a customer, how are we supposed to know this? As a cashier, it is awful to have to say this to every customer (and potentially embarass them) as this is not regular, normal behaviour...especially without clear signs. Boo. Apparently Manager Amedeo Imbrogno does his own thing, without clearly communicating this to his patrons.

Je