Shell Gas Station / discriminatory & verbal abuse

1 5314 S HARLEMSummit, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 7085941617

About 7:00 a.m. on 11/22/10, I went to the Shell Gas Station located at 5314 S. Harlem Ave in Summit, the sales rep was engaged in a loud personal conversation with another employee while assisting me with my purchase. In the midst of the transaction, I noticed that she tossed my credit card on the counter oppose to placing it in my hand that was held out to retrieve my card. I expressed to the employee that she tossed my card on the counter and I would appreciate if she handed it to me as I did with her when I originally gave it to her, she began speaking in a vulgar tone and stated" I'm not picking nothing up if you want you get it", so I explained to her that her tone and behavior was not customer service friendly along with rude. I in turn began to walk away and she yelled "your ignorant", in front of the entire store. I went to my car to get a pen and pad, walked back into the store and aske for her name, she stated that it was "Christine", asked her for her last name she stated" I'm not giving you my last name", I asked the name of the manager she refused, so then I turned to her co-worker and asked for the manager's name she stated it was Matthew but says she didn't know his last name. I asked Christine the exact address of the facility and she yells "any information you want its on the door and yells out lady I have customers behind you". In essence her behavior, attitude, was both belittling, unsettling, and unacceptable. Especially after I noticed the customer(s) after me didn't receive the same treatment to which I had experienced. Their money/credit cards was placed in their hands-unlike mine. Her mannerism with customers that proceeded me was more than welcoming, to which I realized instantly that her behavior was based on racial discrimination. Her treatment towards me was not acceptable towards a paying customer in that establishment but totally disrespectful to any human being. Since that time I have contacted the facility trying to reach out to the manager to inform him of the chain of events that took place on this morning but an employee states he was not in the office, therefore this is first of many steps that I will be taking in regards to making a formal, written complaint in regards of the incident that transpired on today.

Comments

• Po
      22nd of Nov, 2010

She could have been rude to you and not others for many reasons beside racism.