Sheetz / non-working automatic shutoff valve

1 Waynesboro, PA, United States Review updated:

Sheetz gas station store # 85 in Waynesboro, PA. has a non-working automatic shutoff valve on one of their gas pumps. This is in direct violation of federal law!!! It is absolutely a major hazard. When the attendent was told of this serious matter, she could've cared less, but I bet her bosses and their bosses will care when I take my problem into Washington DC and turn them in!!! We live about 15 minutes outsider the beltway. It will be no problem to do this, and considering we pumped about 2 gallons onto the pavement and then had to spread the "kitty litter" ourselves since the attendent didn't give a ###, I have great motavation to contact the federal boys and will gladly do so!!!

Comments

• Ki
      1st of Jan, 2009

that is only your right to take it to the next level about the attendent not caring. i bet he/she would have cared if some one would of dropped a lit ciggerate . by then it would have been to late. and it was not your job to spread the litter to clean up the spill the attendent should have went out as soon as there were told the pump was not working right baged it then spread the spill kit there self. i used to work at a local gas station i loved my job and my coustomers . my coustomers were my first priority at my job . and there safty was very important to me. if it was my coustomer who came im to report something of that sort to me i would first appolige to them about what happened. make a note of . make sure that no gas was spilled on the coustomer . and then proceed to clean up a spill. sounds like that attendent did not like there job. i say that you should take it to the next level.. (im hoping to get a job at the new gas station that is susposed to go in here in my home town )

• Mo
      14th of Apr, 2009

I just had the same problem. I wonder what the outcome of the above person's complaint was.