Serta Mattress / Poor quality product!

1 60 Skyline Cir, Sedona, AZ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 928 284-1263

I purchased a mattress and box springs April 2017 from a local Bed Outlet. It was a Marsala Plush set with low profile Box. I noticed that the material that encloses this mattress was starting to break apart in several areas. It was on both sides of the mattress. I call the local manager who came out and inspected and concurred that their was material giving way. She notified her sales representative for Serta here in Arizona and was told that the material is not covered under the warranty for Serta, even though you go on line and see the guarantee of a full 10 years against fault materials or faulty workmanship. I haven't even had this mattress for 5 years and they will not honor their guarantee. My recommendation to folks looking for a mattress is to avoid this well known company as their product is marginal at best.

Comments

• Ho
      1st of Dec, 2007

We would NEVER!!! buy another Serta product. Our mattress is a torture chamber which we paid 1600.00 for and so far we have not recovered one cent. The retailer has tried to make it right to no avail. So far we have had FOUR (4) mattresses which all have a problem.

• Ke
      12th of Oct, 2008

I agree I will never buy another Serta product again! I purchased a mattress not even 5 years ago also and it sways in the center, and the fabric is splitting. I am unable to get any type of help from the sales dept where I bought the product. If you read the warranty it actually voids its self due to normal use of the product!

• Ge
      23rd of Oct, 2009
    Serta Mattress - Bogus mattress
    Serta Mattress

We bought a Serta Panorama bed for 1500$ 3 years ago for a wedding present to ourselves. This has been a nightmare of a mattress. I am pregnant and miserable, my poor husband wakes with back and neck problems every morning because he gets the deeper of the two holes in the mattress.

The warranty process has lasted months now. After paying 45$ to have someone inspect the mattress and finding it faulty... they now want to add 80$ to have them pick it up and redeliver it after they do a "quick fix" in the factory.

When asking them what I am supposed to sleep on while they are repairing it they say sorry about the inconvenience but there is nothing we can do about that.

Word to the wise, don't buy Serta! and if you do, I hope you never have to initiate a warranty because their customer service is horrible!

27th of Nov, 2009
    Texas
    Phone: (214)387-7600
    mattressgiant.com

Dear Sirs,
    We purchased a Majesty Firm mattress from Mattress Giant(who no longer sells Serta mattresses) Frisco Texas. on 10/08/08. We noticed immediately that the mattress sinks when the body weight is applied & we paid for a technician to investigate but he just blew us off & left.
    Mattress Giant no longer sells or has anything to do w/ Serta., so I am left w/ a $876 piece of junk.

Please advise how I can get assistance with this matter.

Respectfully;