Menu
Tempur-Pedic North America
reviews & complaints

Tempur-Pedic North America
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

46 complaints
12 resolved 34 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Tempur-Pedic North America. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
K
3:34 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have received 4 exchanges. All for mattresses have very deep sag. When I sit on the edge of the bed, the sag is so deep, I slide right out of the bed. I asked for a Sterns and Foster Bed in exchange and that was refused also. No more exchanges will be done. Tempurpedic is a very dishonest company and they are selling defective/inferior mattresses for top...

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Sad to tell you - if you are thinking of buying a Tempur-pedic because you heard it is the "top of the line"... You've been misinformed - the only thing "top of the line" about them anymore is the price! We bought their mattress when the company was small - cared about its customers - also when they had no competition. Unfortunately, our 1st mattress did...

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased the most expensive mattress they had in the store, Tempurpedic, for the most comfort. I did not like it. Their exchange policy said "You can exchange your mattress purchase one time after the original purchase, within 120 days of purchase, for a new mattress of equal or greater value, provided you have slept on it a minimum of 30 nights". I wa...

G
10:24 am EDT

Tempur-Pedic North America - Tempur topper - queen (dd 05/10/21)

I purchased a Topper in March 2021. Sales slip number : [protected] dd 12/03/2021 .

When I made a purchase at 20 Martin Road in Dec20, I was recommended by the in-house staff to try out the Mattress on Sale. I told the staff I have purchased my new mattress. But the staff insisted I lie down for a while to try the difference from other brands. I was assisted by the two gentlemen to help me get up the mattress as I had a major Scoliosis surgery with implant on my back. I got up and said I will give it a miss for the mattress. Why not give our Topper a try. I was told it is a double sided topper with a plush or smooth side to choose for sleep comfort. I asked if it was firm enough for my Scoliosis back. The staff said it is OK.

However, through the night I had a bad back and eventually back pain when I woke up in the morning. The pain persisted through the day.

I rang Tempur Customer care and was advised to write in to the management regarding my concern, which I did.

Tempur Customer Service replied 20 days later thanking me for my patience as they were checking my queries. What followed was shocking and disappointing as the Customer Service was simply explaining the Topper product from sales point of view. Customer Service said they were checking my queries but did not response to my queries at all. This was disappointing though but even more disappointing is the reply was signed off as Customer Service without a name.

I replied to the Customer Service in December 2021 and January 2022 but there was no response till now. Is this how Tempur treat its customer?

Following is the email correspondence:

Dear Tempur Customer Service,

Will I be getting any response from Tempur?

Best regards

From: Allen Ang

Sent: Tuesday, 7 December 2021 3:33 PM

To: Tempur SG Customer Service

Subject: RE: Tempur Topper -Queen ( dd 05/10/21 )

Dear Tempur Customer Service,

You don’t seem to be replying my query but merely explaining the product, which is not my query.

Since you mentioned that Tempur mattress is not suitable for people with scoliosis, then why did the staff at 20 Martin Road said to me that the Topper is ok for my scoliosis?

Best regards

From: Tempur SG Customer Service

Sent: Monday, 25 October 2021 6:45 PM

To: Allen Ang

Cc: Tempur SG Customer Service

Subject: RE: Tempur Topper -Queen ( dd 05/10/21 )

Dear Ms. Ang,

We thank you for your patience as we are checking your about your queries.

Our Tempur Topper are made of 100% TEMPUR® foam Material which is a pressure-relieving surface, engineered with a viscoelastic open cell structure that absorbs and evenly distributes the weight of your body for maximised comfort. The temperature-sensitive properties soften, compresses and conforms to the unique shape and weight of your body at average room temperature for personalised support. The high density of the material ensures maximum dimensional stability and comfort. It reacts to the thermal impact of the body. The viscoelasticity in the foam material ensures your TEMPUR® returns to its original shape after compression, with a certain built in delay.

Tempur is not a medical brand, therefore we cannot say if it is suitable for a person with scoliosis.

If your previous mattress or pillow used more traditional methods of support such as springs, feathers and/or fiber, it is likely your TEMPUR® products will initially feel different. The unique pressure-relieving properties of the TEMPUR® foam Material, can take some time for the body to adjust and get used to.

Hope this answers your queries. Thank you and have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Tempur Customer Service

From: Allen Ang

Sent: Tuesday, 5 October 2021 10:19 PM

To: Tempur SG Customer Service

Subject: Tempur Topper -Queen ( dd 05/10/21 )

Dear Sir

Given the promotion offer, we made payment at Tempur Sleep Haven.

I have made purchases from Tempur more than 12 years now so we trusted the in-house staff to purchase a Topper. The Topper was delivered on October 2nd, 2021.

We unbox and placed the Topper on our mattress last night. We chose the smooth side. We covered the Topper with a mattress protector and fitted bed linen. Through the night I had a bad back and eventually back pain when I woke up at 7am. The pain persisted through the day.

I rang Tempur Customer care and was greeted by Ms April on the phone. I shared with her what happened to my back pain. She understand the pain I am having.

Ms April suggested I write in to the management regarding my concern.

Can I please clarify with Tempur Management if the Topper is suitable for a Scoliosis back ? I appreciate your reply for this matter.

Kind regards

Ms Ang

Desired outcome: I paid S$2,499.00 for the Topper and only slept on it for a night over a mattress protector. I would appreciate if Tempur can take back the Topper and refund me in full. Thank you.

2:39 pm EDT

Tempur-Pedic North America - Entire company

About 2 months ago my husbands frame on the Ergo base (we have a California king we bought in 2016 for over $ 5200.00). We did not even ask for them to pay for it or replace it - we simply wanted the part so we could fix it our selves.
Then the customer service team said no its under warranty and transferred us to that department. The warranty department made us send in the pictures along with the serial numbers 4 times and then ghosted us. I then tried to send an email to the CEO Ms. Thompson - but you can imagine how that went.
He doesn't give a crap either. We never got an answer...
It would not be so bad if my husband did not have a condition in his back where he needs to have extra support and move his feet or his upper body up.
At this point we are buying from a competitor and are vowing to tell our story everywhere to keep people from buying their product they don't even stand behind. Shame on you Tempurpedic!

Desired outcome: For Tempurpedic to go bankrupt - they don't deserve anyones business

1:12 pm EDT

Tempur-Pedic North America - Refund for returned mattress

I have done everything they have asked me to do and yet I still do not have my refund of over $1200. I have called my bank Wells Fargo who issued the credit card and they say the refund has not come to them.

During one email the customer service rep said the bank must be holding it up. I doubt that seriously. Why would my bank not credit my account ?

I have asked both the bank and Tempurpedic to call the other but neither will do so. That would clear up this thing, but they simply will not. It is a substantial amount of money. over $1200. I am beside myself with exasperation.

Desired outcome: Refund

R
4:57 am EDT

Tempur-Pedic North America - Terrible service - warranty is a scam

While attempting to file a warranty claim with the business I am being told the warranty wont be honored because of a stain. The customer service person acknowledged that the stain did not impact the product but would need to be cleaned before the warranty would be honored. What sense does it make to clean a mattress before throwing it away? This company is just making every attempt to not honor their warranty and passes me from one customer service person to another with no attempt to resolve the problem.

Desired outcome: business honors warranty

D
11:13 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Tempur-Pedic North America - 1073515m-2604251a adapt hybrid queen w/ease base tempur sealy 2604251a

I purchased this bed on 11/8 and it was delivered a week later. The bed in the showroom was so much softer than this bed. This bed is rock hard and sometimes feels like it is lumpy which is so uncomfortable. I purchases from Ashley furniture in Manassas Va 20109 and I am not happy with them either. They charged me $3, 049.99 for the bed and it replaced my old bed which I no longer have. I am extremely disappointed and I am writing you because I don't think I can sleep on this. However, I cannot afford a new bed. Please offer me some answers
[protected]@gmail.com
[protected]

R
3:31 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Tempur-Pedic North America - $391.75 refund on returned on tempur-adapt-cooling topper

On july 2, 2020 ordered tempur-adapt-cooling topper. I was not happy with the topper and customer service arranged for pickup and on 8/14/2020, it was picked up by tempur-pedic contractor, fidelstone last mile, inc. The customer service is confused with the paperwork and unable to provide me the refund so far. Quality management should be fired for doing such a lousy job in establishing efficient process in dealing with customer issues.
Order#[protected]; pickup order# 3605126; SKU# [protected]
Rao Palanki

8:00 am EST

Tempur-Pedic North America - Temperpedic base motor

I called customer service because
the motor to my headboard was not working. An agent returned my call on 12/18/19, but unfortunately I was flying home for Christmas that day and could not take the call. I returned the call on 12/19/19 and left a voice mail addressing it to Heather K. No return call. I again called on 1/7, 1/8, and 1/10/20 without receiving a returned call.
Their recording when you call says they value your time and rather than have you hold, you should leave your name, number, and a brief message as to why you are calling and they will call you back. Doesn't say when they will call you back—maybe next year?
A lot of people purchase their beds because of the name, but when you have a problem, you cannot get any help. I have definitely let my friends know how I have been treated so that if they were thinking of purchasing a TemperPedic that they may want to purchase a different brand. Their Customer Service is the WORST!

B
12:36 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Do not buy tempur-pedic! I spent $5, 700 on a cloud breeze luxe mattress and box spring (which is now discontinued). It was firm for about a year, then I started having lower back pain. I've been going to a chiropracter ever since. I've never had back pain before I purchased this mattress. I called tempurpedic in may of 2019 to report the loss of firm...

D
11:16 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I spent almost $6000 on this grand sale they were having a sleep oasis. I got the bed July 2017 and I have had nothing but problems since I got it it's very soft and it's supposed to be firm. My wife moved to the other bedroom after one or two days of sleeping right she couldn't take a right and calling ever since trying to get them to replace it I was told...

A
3:13 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We got approved by the warranty department. They want to charge us $175 delivery fee, if we buy something more expensive can't finance it unless it's over $1000 & if we find something cheaper they will not adjust our credit! They will exchange the same mattress, but you have to pay the $175 shipping & delivery. This mattress is only 10 months old & not sure...

H
12:12 am EDT

Tempur-Pedic North America - Customer service/shipping lies and delays

Was told upon ordering a bed set that it would arrive in a week or two. Mattresses for the split king arrived within two weeks, but I never heard about the bases. I emailed, was given a carrier and tracking number... Which turned out to be wrong! After several phone calls and emails, I have now been told tempurpedic still has the bases and they are "being prepared for shipment." this is over 3 weeks after ordering! I use a wheelchair and don't have time for such simple yet far reaching unprofessionalism.
Will never work with this company again

At this point I would rather send everything back and find another bed. If you can get the base to me by saturday, I will accept it. Otherwise you are very lucky you don't have a storefront, as I would love to toss my partial order through your front window.

E
11:17 am EST

Tempur-Pedic North America - Mattress topper and pillow

I purchased the mattress topper and a pillow. When I received the order the first thing I noticed was the terrible smell. After smelling it I laid down on the topper and realized it was hard as a rock! After a week of back pain I couldn't take it any longer. I tried to return it and they battled me saying I couldn't. One representative told me her pillow was hard when she got it too but after about 30 days it was better (I'm guessing her neck adjusted to the pain). It took several phone calls to establish returning the topper and pillow and each call was as frustrating as the next. Each representative struggled with their "systems" and I was on hold most of the time wondering when the aggravation would be over. I was finally told I needed to return the pillow and should have received a return label (that never happened) and that the service set to call me to pick up the topper attempted to call me weeks prior (that never happened either). I would strongly recommend that you do not purchase from tempurpedic-save yourself the money and aggravation.

T
9:29 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My husband and I purchased a Grand from Tempur in 2009 for about $11000 with the bases. It was a glorious bed for about four years. At the end of the fourth year however, we contacted Tempur because the bed was so soft and saggy. We submitted pictures and our invoices as well as the registration information that they already had on file and it took them...

N
1:56 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I bought a mattress from www.tempurpedic.com company and when I received it I was not satisfied with my purchase. Size of my mattress was incorrect and it was two times smaller than the one I paid for. I contacted Tempurpedic and asked for a replacement and they agreed to give me another mattress, but they said that I have to keep the mattress for 30 day...

J
9:05 pm EDT

Tempur-Pedic North America - Contour pillow

I purchased this pillow in May, 2016. Several days later, I decided not to keep it because of the smell. I contacted customer service and they emailed me a return UPS label. The pillow was received by Tempurpedic in May, 2016 as evidenced by my tracking the UPS #. When I received no credit card refund to my credit card by June, 2016, I telephoned customer service. FOUR TIMES. LEFT MESSAGES. SENT EMAILS. NO RESPONSE WHATSOEVER FROM TEMPURPEDIC. I contacted my credit card company to dispute the $138.03 that was owed to me. My credit card never received a response from Tempur-pedic so they issued me a credit for $138.03. Today, August 24, 2016, I received a demand letter from a CREDIT BUREAU stating that I owe Tempurpedic $138.03. I called Tempurpedic once again and left 2 messages. No one has called me back (surprise, surprise). This is a pathetic situation because my credit will now be ruined by the most incompetent, stupid, disorganized, disgusting company I have EVER dealt with.

2:59 pm EDT

Tempur-Pedic North America - The odor

Six weeks ago my husband and I spent over $7, 000 for the best mattress that was recommended to us for our back problems from our accident.
The mattress was wonderful as far as comfort but the odor is horrendous.
For three weeks I developed sore throat, nausea, sinus problems, headaches,
and other symptoms. I sent it back when I realized the odor was from the chemicals and ordered just a spring mattress since the odors were from memory foam. I was assured the new mattress had no memory foam.
It arrived today and the odor is horrible. It is a Stearns and Foster and I called the company and it does have memory foam.
So what is the best mattress as far as comfort and no horrible odors?

1 comment
May 30, 2016 11:24 am EDT

We are experiencing the same problems at our house with a new tempurpedic mattress. We purchased at Sleepy's who does not honor the tempurpedic warranty nor does tempurpedic honor the purchase from sleepy's. I sincerely hope we are not stuck with this mattress.
I did some research and found that mattresses made with organic foams, cotton covers with wool padding are the only mattresses that do not off gas. We purchased a Savvy Rest but there are other companies out there that have organic foams. Look for the words "Talalay" and "Dunlop" in the description of the mattresses.

T
5:33 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Tried a Tempurpedic Cloud Elite in the store and found it very comfortable. Ordered directly from the company and it was not the same firmness as the one tried in the store. I sank almost 5 inches unlike the one in the store. Called Tempurpedic and they said that sometimes the feel in the store is not the same as in your home. They said there was nothing...

Tempur-Pedic North America contacts