Having problems with Serta?

+1 888 557 3782 (Warranty Information & General Inquiries)
+1 888 708 1466 (Serta.com Purchases)
+1 866 963 1973 (Perfect Rewards Program Help)
+1 800 906 4240 (Serta Online Store)
+1 866 963 1972 (VIP Rewards Program Help)
+1 877 468 3540 (Hotel Guests)
+1 877 737 8245 (Hotel Properties)
2451 Industry Avenue
Atlanta, Georgia

Complaints & Reviews

Rip off

American Mattress sold me a bed with me assuming the warranty is good. I was never told there would be no warranty on floor models... The manager told me it had to be assumed that this is the reason he was selling this mattress so inexpensively. I was never told there would be no warranty. I called the Serta Rep. Serta rep tells me no warranty can be applied to floor models... I told them both I would have to take my complaint to corporate... this mattress was m.s.r.p. $1599. I bought it for 599 5 months ago...

• Sc
    scott Apr 10, 2009

I bought my Serta mattress from Mattress Warehouse 2 years ago
    and it is the worst mattress I hav ever slept on. I mattress sags 1 1/2" on both sides and neither Mattress Wareshouse or Serta will stand behind their product. I have been given the biggest run around from both. I would not not recommend Serta or Mattress at all.

• La
    Larry Jun 09, 2009

Make sure you contact Serta Mattress company with your complaint, your problem could be with the dealer and not with Serta.I own a Serta Mattress store and have never had a problem getting a Serta Warranty fixed.The problem is that we have to buy you a new bed and then Serta gives us a credit when we send your old one back, some dealers wont do that.Try calling serta or find out who the Serta Rep is for that area.Of all the Mattress company's that we sale we have less problems out of Serta Mattresses but like with any thing you buy it can break, but Serta will stand behind their product.

Sinkholes and sore backs from Serta mattress

I have 2nd $1300 pillow top serta king mattress within 1 year. Both formed sinkholes on both sides. Wake up with sore backs. What junk. I am going for my money back or exchange for a good old plain firm mattress. Probably will end up putting this out to the curb, and write it off as a loss. Where do we go from here after 2nd replacement... junk junk serta products stink just like the wet sheep on their products .this seems to be the standard complaint from many people who own this junk. Can’t wait to get rid of it real soon

Joan coulon Sep 29, 2008

I have a pillow top twin matress and have been complaining to the store about the sinkhole and she keeps measuring to see if it is 2" deep before they can do anything. It is over 1" with no one in it. I too have backaches from it. I paid about 800. for a twin and hate it. When I lay in it I sink a lot more than the 2" I am sick of calling the store and having her come up with her string and pulling it over the hole and saying its not 2" yet!! Help!!!e

Diana Villarreal Jan 14, 2009

I believe them because I have a Serta and paid 2400.00 and really trust the company because they had been here for as long as I have and I'm 49 yrs so I bought this mattress and for the 3rd time I complained and now they are going to charge me to come out. I told him no I will not pay a service charge when you told me I had 30 yrs warranty then you try to charge me for a service charge I don't think so that is your problem not mine its your mattress that didn't live up to the warranty and box that broke. I don't have children to jump on the bed and too old to jump on the bed so please someone tell me what I can do to fix this. I was going to buy 2 more sets of mattresses for my other two rooms but with there warranty and quality that won't happen. I guess I can make a complaint to the BBB.

Diana Villarreal Jan 14, 2009

I complain 3rd time and they came out now they are going to warranty it Thank God.

• Wa
    wayne Feb 02, 2009

What is your Body Mass Index?
    a firm mattress is best for those that are heavier, and will prvide better support...a soft mattress will not provide the support.

Hockeyfan5 Oct 17, 2010

We have had the same sinkhole issue with our Serta since day 1 and it was a $2, 000+ mattress. Uncomfortable but the hole is only 1 inch and not 1.5 yet so we have to live with this. I don't believe sleeping on an uncomfortable mattress from day 1 is good customer service and we have had multiple conversations with the retailer and especially Serta. On the bright side, Serta is very apologetic that the mattress is uncomfortable!

Will never by another Serta.

• Ri
    Richard Phillips Jan 16, 2011

I paid $1900.oo plus total for whole bedroom suit of $5160.00 and the mattress sank the first night a little bit and after one year it just got worse, and kills my back in the morning, and when I get up me and my Wife can barely walk! we thought that we just had to get you'st to it! But thats not the case because we are sinking beeper and hurting worst and also I was not told that hevier people need firmer mattress's and I bought a medium firm mattress, so I need someone to call to discuss what can be done! 606-312-1814, my name is Richard Phillips. and I perchased my bed at Kemper Furniture in London, Ky.

• Ll
    LlanoLonghorn Feb 19, 2011

WARNING: Do not buy from these people. We purchased a King Sealy Posturepedic 60th Anniversary Edition for $1169.00 on Dec 28, 2010. After using this mattress for only a few nights we realized that it too has serious problems with body cavities. After a phone call to their sales dept we were told that this is a normal condition and not to worry. This IS NOT NORMAL, we are in our late 60's and this is the first time in all our lives we have had these problems with a mattress, such as back pains after sleeping on this mattress. After much discussion with the sales person I was told that the only remedy was a less padded model and that the price would be approx $400 less. Since they have a 100 night warranty I thought fine ship it to us, however she said they would not reimburse us the difference in cost. WTF?? PLEASE USE OUR BAD EXPERIENCE TO YOUR ADVANTAGE, STAY AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE. Do not become a “I TOLD YOU SO” victim.
    Per Wikipedia:
    US Mattress has among the highest complaints in the industry, as it doesn't really permit refunds. As they rely on 3rd party delivery people, the quality & timeliness of the delivery can vary greatly.
    Also: http://www.dldewey.com/bed.htm

mattress

we purchased a perfect serta mattress in September 07, from day one it had a bulge in the middle, thought it would go away, did not. we called sears co. where we purchased it, they gave us a phone number to call Serta, called the number they said we had the wrong number to call in complaints, did not give us another number to call. since we would be away for a few months we decided to wait until we returned and try again, we are very displeased with the product, our friends probably will not be buying this product, we wanted a service rep to come out a look at it and possibly replace it, no luck. I am a business woman and I have a motto, you might have heard of it. THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT. YOU MIGHT TRY PRACTISING THAT.

sears home delivery customer service is incompetent!

DO NOT buy anything from Sears that needs to be home delivered!!! My husband and I bought a king size mattress and it was supposed to be delivered on August 1st, well...it never came. We called the next day and the person with home delivery customer service said they would reschedule the delivery to Monday August 4th. We never received a phone call the night before about the time it was going to be delivered, so my husband called to ask what was the time frame of delivery. The person he spoke to said that he couldn't find our information in the system. I am extremely confidant that Sears home delivery customer service has not one competent person working there. After talking on the phone for about 30 minutes we found someone who could pull up our order in their system. They told us that we would be getting our mattress on August 4th but they couldn't give us a time frame. So...Monday the 4th comes, and guess what!!! NO MATTRESS!! So by the time my husband comes home, we call again to find out what's going on. They tell us that they had to reschedule the delivery for Wednesday the 6th. So again, I sit around and wait all day at our apartment for the mattress...and NO MATTRESS COMES!!! By this time, my husband and I are pretty livid. We call again, and they tell us the same crap. "oh sorry, there wasn't a truck en route for your area for delivery, we can reschedule you for Friday the 8th." Friday the 8th!! So, already our mattress is a week late. So my husband and I had little hope that we would receive our mattress on Friday (and we didn't ). We went to the Sears in our area and spoke to a manager (who was very helpful). She spent about 45 minutes on the phone talking with a "specialist". Why they are called specialists, I don't know, because not one person can do the job right!! The manager of the Sears store tells us that she cleared everything up for us and that we should expect our mattress to be delivered on August 13th. So again we wait...and now it's August 14th and still we have no mattress!!!I have talked to 5 different people on the phone with Sears home delivery customer service and no one has given me a straight story. They take my phone number and address and then say "please hold, I'm going to transfer you to a specialist." Then I'm on hold, and no one ever picks up. I called back a last time and told the woman not to transfer me, and if she can't help me, then I'm just going to hang up because I've had it. She then said "please stay on the phone with me, I'm going to have a specialist help you." I don't understand why they have to keep transferring me to a specialist. They should just have a specialist answer the phone to begin with instead of wasting my time having someone else trying to help me. I'm taking the time to type this so whomever is reading it will take my advice. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM SEARS THAT NEEDS DELIVERY!! I would hate for someone else to go through what my husband and I have gone through. We spent a considerable amount of money on this mattress and have made payments on it, yet we don't have it in our possession. We're going back to Sears this weekend and getting our money back and purchasing a mattress elsewhere.

• Ko
    Kori Zunino Aug 14, 2008

• Lo
    Loretta M. Wight Oct 06, 2008

Sears: I have a mattresse with the warranty cod: TR#111576475 689221 070. Reg no.62A9070 C 01483. Made in Canada. I bought this box spring and mattress from Sears Catalogue around 4 or 5 years ago. I have been very disappointed with it. When I bought it, it was on sale for $700.00 which I paid as this was supposed to be a very comfortable mattress. This was my first complaint to Sears for anything as I find Sears have great products which stand up, but this mattress hasn't. I would like to have a reply back. My gmail address is [email protected] What can I do? Thanking you in advance for your utmost immediate attention.. The consumer number on top is 080650 SZ60. Thanks. Loretta M. Wight

• Ar
    Arghgh Jul 30, 2011

Two weeks ago I was expecting a full mattress set and frame to be delivered. We received a call the night before to expect the delivery between 7 a.m and 10 a.m.

The delivery truck arrives with only the box spring. Customer "service" informed us that we should have received a robo call informing us that the delivery was incomplete. The representative was impatient with me and completely unsympathetic about the situation. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, she told me that she didn't have one. When I asked to speak to another rep. she became angry and told me that I would only get the same response from another person. I told her to put me through to the next rep, she put me on hold and 40 minutes later I was disconnected. By the way, she refused to tell me her name and even refused to tell me the part of the country she was located in (turns out she mentioned they were an hour off from my time zone when she acted exasperated that she had to field this call at such an early hour-----early: tell me about it!

I too, will never buy another Sears delivery item. They were completely uncaring and rude. Shear incompetence! It felt like one of the old Saturday Night Live skits about uncaring bureaucrats from hell.

I feel like a truck run over me in the morning

We have had our serta pillowtop mattress for 5 weeks now and it has hills and valleys, I feel like a truck run over me every morning. My husband usually gets up after 4 hours and sleeps on the floor or another bed. Never again will I buy a serta pillowtop. I should have know when you see signs stuck up around different cities for serta pillowtop for sale. Never again will I purchase a pillowtop. They say to turn, but how do you flip or turn a pillowtop. No matter how you turn it you have the same thing.

• Te
    terry May 30, 2008

my serta pillowtop matress is almost 5 years old. it is a queen size with only 1 person sleeping on it. it is turned frequently, but it is sagging, it has no support and the springs are creating pressure points on my body. I have contacted the store of purchase and they have contacted the company representative. it has been over 7 weeks, I have called the store several times, and I am told the representative will be in the area soon. but I have yet to receive a call. I am very frustrated.

• Do
    Dolores Morgan Feb 12, 2009

I purchased the mattress in June 2017. Within a few months a dip began developing in the mattress. As time progress so does the dip. At this point the mattress is very very uncomfortable and it is impossible to get a good night's sleep.

• Ro
    Robert Feb 18, 2009

Weak poorly designed for cost foundations are a major part of the problem! The foundations need a foundation!!

• Ll
    LLL Mar 10, 2009

The problem with mattress today is you can't turn them over. Mattress sales people have been trained to tell you "that you never have to turn them over" All you can do now is rotate from head to foot, so you get the dip no matter which way you turn it. I had and old sealy mattress that I could flip when it got the dip. Never had problems with my back. I'm sorry I got rid of it! Purchase a the new plush mattress, my husband and I can't sleep next to each other because we get that dip. So one of us sleeps at the top and one at the bottom. Still can't get a good nights rest. These mattress today are made to keep the mattress companies rich ! my old sealy last me for 20 years! Only reason I got rid of it was because I had it so long, and I wanted my mattress high off the floor. That was the biggest mistake! Their getting rich off our acking back. The know we need a bed!

• Oc
    OctR15 Nov 11, 2009

Within three months of buying our new Serta pillow top my husband and I were sleeping in valleys. Since we cannot just run out and buy a new mattress we are both now waking up with terrible aching backs. It has gotten to the point that I dread going to bed at night.

When our two year old granddaughter is dropped off for the day she is laid down in a hole. If she was a baby I wouldn't have to worry about her rolling off the bed.

We definitely will never purchase a pillow top mattress from Serta again.

Defective mattress has large lumps

We bought this mattress on 4/25/07. We spent most of the summer in our vacation home in Ocean City. Even so...

Poor quality product!

I purchased a mattress and box springs April 2017 from a local Bed Outlet. It was a Marsala Plush set with low profile Box. I noticed that the material that encloses this mattress was starting to break apart in several areas. It was on both sides of the mattress. I call the local manager who came out and inspected and concurred that their was material giving way. She notified her sales representative for Serta here in Arizona and was told that the material is not covered under the warranty for Serta, even though you go on line and see the guarantee of a full 10 years against fault materials or faulty workmanship. I haven't even had this mattress for 5 years and they will not honor their guarantee. My recommendation to folks looking for a mattress is to avoid this well known company as their product is marginal at best.

hollie sims Dec 01, 2007

We would NEVER!!! buy another Serta product. Our mattress is a torture chamber which we paid 1600.00 for and so far we have not recovered one cent. The retailer has tried to make it right to no avail. So far we have had FOUR (4) mattresses which all have a problem.

• Ke
    Keith Brewton Oct 12, 2008

I agree I will never buy another Serta product again! I purchased a mattress not even 5 years ago also and it sways in the center, and the fabric is splitting. I am unable to get any type of help from the sales dept where I bought the product. If you read the warranty it actually voids its self due to normal use of the product!

• Ge
    GeoJ82 Oct 23, 2009

We bought a Serta Panorama bed for 1500$ 3 years ago for a wedding present to ourselves. This has been a nightmare of a mattress. I am pregnant and miserable, my poor husband wakes with back and neck problems every morning because he gets the deeper of the two holes in the mattress.

The warranty process has lasted months now. After paying 45$ to have someone inspect the mattress and finding it faulty... they now want to add 80$ to have them pick it up and redeliver it after they do a "quick fix" in the factory.

When asking them what I am supposed to sleep on while they are repairing it they say sorry about the inconvenience but there is nothing we can do about that.

Word to the wise, don't buy Serta! and if you do, I hope you never have to initiate a warranty because their customer service is horrible!

Majesty Firm Nov 27, 2009

Dear Sirs,
    We purchased a Majesty Firm mattress from Mattress Giant(who no longer sells Serta mattresses) Frisco Texas. on 10/08/08. We noticed immediately that the mattress sinks when the body weight is applied & we paid for a technician to investigate but he just blew us off & left.
    Mattress Giant no longer sells or has anything to do w/ Serta., so I am left w/ a $876 piece of junk.

Please advise how I can get assistance with this matter.

Respectfully;

Walter Steele

Serta Mattress Co. does not care about their customers!

I purchased a Serta Perfect sleeper the mattress after two months it is sagging on both sides. I wake up every morning with all my muscles screaming in pain from trying not to roll out of bed every night. My husband fell off the edge of the bed the other night. I have called American Mattress in Avon In and their toll free number to no avail. I have called Serta all I get is a recording. I have emailed Serta no response. One thing I want everyone to know is that Serta Mattress Co. does not care about their customer’s have a good night sleep no wonder the gave away little Serta sheep so you have something to count when you can’t sleep.

• Ha
    HateHPTheySuck Sep 07, 2007

We are having tremendous problems with our recent Serta mattress purchase. The springs make a terrible grinding noise when getting on and off the mattress on all sides, but primarily on one side which leads me to believe the product is defective.

My wife and I roll into each other toward the center, and the edges of the mattress are so soft and unsupported that we nearly roll out of bed. I am afraid of waking up on the floor sooner or later.

We are planning on exchanging it for another of the same model as we don't want to spend any more. If the next one does the same, we will chalk it up to it just being a substandard model.

The retail price for the mattress is $279/Queen. Not a bad price (the next model down was $179). But still, coil noises squeaking with regular use is the sign it being time to replace your mattress, not a sign of a new mattresses general attributes.

We are frustrated.

• Ed
    Ed Legenza Oct 29, 2007

I have a mid range SERTA "Dandilion" full set. Am on my second mattress in less than two months. First had a "strong" noise at end of bed. Second one has many metallic creaking and clicking noises. Have emailed SERTA with no response. The bed in the showroom is perfect with regard to noise. Am wondering if they have one model on display and sell another one, same name, made in a foreign country. Not the same as the one I demoed.

Ed in Sacramento.

• Do
    Donna in IL Jan 18, 2008

I also bought a Serta from American Mattress. I was ready to cancel the order before it came and my husband said no. My back has been hurting ever since, it is harder than the floor model, but I can't prove it. Also they have a 30 comfort garentee, but, all you can do is get a higher priced one and pay for delivery. Right now they have a "sale" it is the same price as it always is. Bad company, bad service, pushy salesman.

• Se
    Serta Sucks Apr 10, 2010

Serta will stand behind it's product warranty if you never sleep on it!! I have had two perfect sleepers but not perfect sleep, the mattress collapses so much in the middle I feel like I'm in a TACO!! Don't waste your time or money on a purchase or complaint about this mattress.
    Free mattress FOR SALE - Carol (Pennsylvania)

• Id
    idislikeregistrations Jan 02, 2013

Bought a Serta perfect sleeper, will never buy another Serta mattress. Their warranty is absolute crap, and the mattress is sagging in the middle after 3 months. Worthless company, buy from someone else.

stefchris1 Dec 30, 2014

I bought one and the same thing happen. I call someone from the company they sent someone out to look at it. I had to pay 45.00 for them to tell it had to sink two inches for us to get a new one

No warrany replacement!

I purchased a new Serta Queen size Pillow top mattress and had it for three days. I called the company, where I purchased it, complaining of a ridge developing between the left and the right side (in the middle). They replied by saying that a factory rep. was coming into town the following week and they would have him stop by and have a look. He did indeed stop by with the owner of the store where I purchased it. The rep. said to me," well, let me test it." His version of a test was to lie down on the mattress. He did agree, that a slight ridge was there. My reply was, "slight ridge!, you have to roll up hill to get to the other side". This mattress had a full warranty on it. I asked for the mattress to be replaced under manufactures default and I would pay any difference. The reps. reply was ' No!". Serta might say they have a warranty and print that warranty but they do not stand behind it.

James

Elkins, West Virginia 26241

• Mo
    moose Mar 31, 2008

same problem; foam mattress, 2-1/2 yrs old. problem started almost immediately. serta has an answer for everything--even to the point of rewriting the laws of physics. shoddy product, shoddy company. STAY AWAY. do not give these people your money. i have filed with consumer protection office.

Poor service!

I purchased a Serta Pillow Top Mattress about 2 years ago and it is sagging and it has been turned on a regular bases. What can I do. This was a 2,200 dollar mattress.

Plz advise smb!

• Na
    Nancy Minton Aug 06, 2007

I also bought a Serta pillowtop two years ago and it is doing the same thing. My husband and I are both within ideal weight ranges, and I have a Kinkaid bed with four huge wooden legs on the bed frame, and four additional posts supporting the center. I have the original warranty information and the Law Tags, but Serta will no longer deal though the furniture store where I made the purchase because they do not carry Serta anymore (WONDER WHY?). Serta wants $35 check to LOOK AT the mattress and an additional $114 to deliver it, IF they decide it needs replaced. The warranty information brochure says absolutely nothing about any such charges and I would bet a court would rule in my favor. After what I'm reading on line about them- forget it.

• Em
    EM Wethy Sep 06, 2007

We also have a 2 year old Serta Pillowtop mattress which cost of set was 1800.00. We called the store we bought it from they sent out two service tech's to look at the pillow top which has moved 3 to 4 inches away from one side and is now folded over and over lapping the opposite side. It is actually moving and shifting so it is sagging and uncomfortable and can not lay on the one side because there is no pillow top 4 inches from the edge or you roll off.
    Techs agreed that it was a problem and should not be like that and said they will give the report to management. Management called and said that is normal wear and tear for a 3 year old mattress and I said oh ok good so mine is a problem then because it is only just turned 2 years old? Oh no ma'm I meant to say 2 years old. I said I figured someone would not want to cough up the repair or replacement on that 15-20 year warranty who should I call Serta and they said yes. Called Serta and they said they have to go with the store's resolution and can not do anything. So folk's I no longer shop at that stor or will purchase a Serta product. Boycott both! I have spread the word to everyone I know at how disgusting it is they do not stand by their products and are rip off's. I have filed a consumer complaint and sleeping on an air mattress until I can afford to buy another mattress for another 2 years. Where is our consumer protection here?

hollie sims Dec 01, 2007

We have the same problem (Serta). We originally purchased a pillowtop king size. The wrong one was delivered. It was replaced with a defective mattress which cost us 50.00 for delivery. This one was also defective. It caved in on one side and my wife and I call it the torture chamber. Something kin to water-boarding. I wonder if I could get the aclu in on this? I will do all I can to deter anyone from purchasing a serta , maybe even take this $1600.00 mattress to the parking lot in front of the store and put my own display together for future customers. What do yall think?

hollie sims Dec 01, 2007

DO NOT buy a serta mattress unless you love pain.

Joanne Apr 01, 2008

We are just starting our battle. After 3 months, our King Serta Perfect Day has developed two craters where our hips contact the mattress. An inspector came out and although we were promised a copy of the report, we never got one. We just got a letter from the place we bought the mattress (Mattress Warehouse) saying that we have no claim because our brand new king bed with twelve 2" thick slats does not have a center support. We spent $1500 for this mattress - and $2000 for the bed. We have always bought Sealy Posturpedic - the last one lasted for 22 years, and I am kicking myself for switching. We are getting the manufacturing specs for the bed to prove that there are no issues with the support (the warranty indicates that slats are fine as long as there are at least five of them). I don't know who we should pursue our issue with - Mattress Warehouse or Sealy. It sounds like either is a losing cause. Has anyone had a SUCCESS in getting their mattress replaced at no cost? If there are any lawyers out there, it sounds like this would be a great class-action suit!

• Br
    Brumfield Apr 08, 2008

We are on our FOURTH Serta matress. COMPLETE JUNK!!! I'm about 245 lbs and my wife is 125lbs. We have a king size perfect day which forms large dips in the matress where we sleep, and humps up in the middle. Yes, her side too. There is no support and they won't warentee the product unless there is a 2" dip. Like I said, we are on our fourth mattress. If it wasen't for our local store, we would still be fighting with Serta. They have finally agreed to give an in store credit for the mattress, which is kind of helpfull, but all they carry is Serta. Guess were getting new furniature. Not sure what we'll do with the boxspring. We can not wait to get a different bed...any suggestions?

• La
    lamar May 04, 2008

My wife and I bought a serta pillow top with the memory foam and have had back pain since day one. I do heavy lifting at work and thought my pain was from work. But after a year, an increase in pain, and a visible sagging in the center where our hips lay, I know it's not work. The store only has a 30 day return policy, so I'm not sure what my next move it, but I will not buy serta again.

Stephanie May 13, 2008

Same problem here! Bought a Serta Perfect Night pillow top for $1400 in April 2007. After 3 months the body impressions started. Now the bed is so uncomfortable it's hard to sleep. Our bed is supported on a good Ethan Allen bedframe with 5 support bars. Neither my husband nor I are overweight. We filed a complaint with the retailer, Mattress Warehouse, and they sent our an inspector. The next week we got a letter saying that our warranty is void because there are stains on the mattress! What does this have to do with anything? Why bother having a a 10 year warranty? We have used a mattress pad continually since we bought the mattress and it already has a couple of small stains. It's hard for me to believe any mattress would still be unstained after 10 years! We are now contacting Serta directly but, based on other complaints we have seen, we have little hope that they really will stand by their product. Our last mattress was a Sealy Postuerpedic and it was in better condition after 10 years than this Serta is after just one. Bye bye Serta! You won't see a dime from us ever again.

Diane Glasgow Jun 01, 2008

Same thing happened to us. We have had two beds so far, they are giving up credit for another serta defective bed. We want our money back. Has anyone got their money back? thanks diane

• Ad
    Advise Jun 01, 2008

My advise is simply to read the warranty. The warranty, which I found on serta.com, states that if there are stains on the mattress, the warranty is void. However, that goes also for the Sealy warranty and the Simmons warranty and the Stearns and Foster warranty as well. I've read them all and they all say the same thing- stain on mattress = no warranty. Also, all the warranties are specific about the mattress having the correct support so you have to be very careful about the bed you buy and be sure that the frame has the right support for the size mattress you have. All the warranties are the same, so unless everyone wants to boycott all the mattress companies, we really have to read our warranties carefully. Good Luck to everyone!

• Ha
    Harriett W. Jun 16, 2008

My husband and I purchased a Serta pillow top mattress for the amount of $1000+ from a furniture store around mid November 2007. We purchased our first home in November 2007. Being first time home buyers we decided to purchase a bedroom suite. After having our queen size bed delivered with our pillow top mattress we loved it. After one week the pillow top mattress started sinking. I went back to the furniture store after one week of having the pillow top delivered and spoke to the sales lady. She said that her and her husband has one and it is fine. She spoke to management at the furniture store and he said that unless it is defective there is nothing that he can do for us. I was totally shocked. After one week!!! So we have had a inspector/service man from the furniture store come out once a month to check the status of the pillow top mattress. He keeps saying it has to be 2 inches deep before we can trade it in for something else. I am having leg problems and my husband is having back problems. I think we might have to get an attorney regarding this problem. I have never in my life purchased a mattress that within one week it is unbearable to sleep in. I also called Serta and they said that manufacturers warranty says it must be defective before being exchanged or traded in. They also told me that some furniture stores have a comfort warranty that is separate from the manufacturers warranty that if the mattress of the customers choice does not feel comfortable that it can be exchanged. Guess what!! The furniture store we went to does not offer that comfort warranty. I just cannot believe this is happening to us. I am 33 yrs old and my husband is 32 yrs old. The next mattress that we purchase I guess we should get a second opinion. Good luck to those of you going through what me and my husband are going through.

• Br
    brian Oct 09, 2008

We bought a serta pellow top mattress about a year ago for approx. 1800.00 and the mattress is not holding shape. we called serta and they told us they needed pics proving that the matress's indent was 1.5 inched deep or more. they wouldnt even send a rep. out. Of course they were to cheap to send us a new matress, poor service I will never buy serta produce again!

• Ju
    Julie Hish Nov 17, 2008

I also bought a Serta. 3 1/2 years ago. The day my husband and I brought the mattress home we had problems. We woke up that next morning hurting. My husband said give it a week or two to break it in. Well may good but mostly bad time consuming issues have come and gone. I have to laugh, because 3 and a half years later I now want to build a CLASS ACTION LAW SUITE against Serta for their practices. Is anyone with me ?!?!?!?! I think if you advertise that your mattress is the best or the most comfortable, heck if you even imply that your mattress is as such THEN THAT'S WHAT IT SHOULD BE ! IF you have a 10 year warranty, as they say, then the mattress will be replace if ANYTHING goes wrong, then replace it! ALSO, Serta should NOT make you PAY for delivery AND an inspector. Outside CONtractor or not if you have a multi-million dollar company you shouldn't have to sub- CONtract you should stand by your advertisements AND product! If your product is prove to have a malfunction, as mine has, then replace it! Quickly! Take some of the money that I over paid you for the mattress and send me a company paid, properly trained, certified inspector that comes to your home with the proper equipment ( not a broken 6 inch ruler taped to a paper cup and say its legit) and properly inspect and measure my mattress. Here's the deal. Serta sells horrible products and gets money. Serta sub-contracts to save money. Serta over charges you to pay for the sub-contractor and then over charges you to deliver and remove the mattresses. And If you DO and /or DON'T agree You get screwed. I was in so much pain from this mattress that I actually was sent for pinched nerve tests. I had pins stabbed in to my body to find out why I was hurting so much. the Dr's said I was fine, but I am still waking up EVERY morning feeling like I was in a car accident. I told serta this along with a few other reasons on why my mattress was in bad shape and uncomfortable. It actually made pinging noises after anyone got on or off the mattress. Including my 4 year old 33 lbs twins. Do you believe that when I got the paperwork in the mail a few weeks after my first contact with Serta that they actually stated the reason for my complaint was that my mattress is "noisy". I ask why that was and she said " that was the only option that she could put in to the computer from the reasons I gave her "and there was "no way to change the complaint information that I GAVE HER" Are you kidding me!? Then by the subcontracted inspector I was told to call Serta after I mailed my check for delivery (mailed on October 25th, 2008) to schedule an appointment for that delivery. I did so and was told that Serta dose not make appointments until the check is received and cleared (on NOVEMBER 14TH, 2008). OK, Well, NOW November 17th 2008, I STILL don't have an appointment because, Serta dose not make appointments until Serta calls me to make the appointment. I was told that, "the mattress is in production and it should be in about a week or so." that I get a call. Well, I figured to check the kind of mattress that (Serta says) I'm getting out. I go on line and fine out that its a firm mattress. I don't get firm mattresses. SOOOO, I call Serta AGAIN, just to find out if I cant request a same priced replacement mattress for a little more comfort. NOPE.What Serta gives you is what you get. Some one remind me when I became a 4 year old at the dinner table. Anyway. that is also when I found out that if I have a problem with the "new" mattress then I would have to repeat this whole message AGAIN. I would have to pay AGAIN for a sub-contracted inspector and delivery. Not including the time and aggravation. So someone please tell me you know a good lawyer!!! Oh and by they way I'm not the only family member that had to deal with Serta in this way. So, If you know whats best for you don't ever bye from Serta again!! I KNOW I WONT!!!
    Note to serta,
    Dont you think it would be easier, even on your part, just to give us our money back!? Oh! Wait! What am I thinking? You cant even give us a good product.

• Rm
    R Maggiore Dec 02, 2008

I have the same problem. My Serta Vera Wang Pillow Top sags so bad in the middle after 2 years it like climbing out of a swiming pool every morning. Oh my aching BACK. So much for buying what is billed as a GOOD product. Count me on the class action !!!

I may drop my set off at Serta HQ's doorstep as a Christmas present.

• Sw
    Swede Jan 06, 2009

It's not just Serta. I have just started the process through my mattress store vendor. She seemed very helpful and said all I need is a picture showing 1.5" indentation and I can get a full refund towards the purchase of ANY new mattress that they carry. She stated that the Simmons pays her directly so I can get anything I want. I will let you know if she follows through or if I run into problems. What have you replaced you mattress' with that is worth anything? We too have been having back pain and lack of continuous sleep! Has anyone tried the sleep number beds? Or Foam?

• Th
    Thomas Feb 09, 2009

Orange Texas... Yep i did the same thing, purchased a serta mattress and after 2 nights of sleeping there was a big dip in the middle NEVER AGAIN

• Ro
    Robin Mar 09, 2009

We bought a Serta Grand Edition Perfect Sleep Mattress Set 12/29/2008. After a couple of weeks my husband and I both started having pain, mine in my spine, hips and neck causing a headache as well, my husband in his shoulders and hips. It has been just over 2 months now, and we havent had a restful night's sleep in weeks. The pain in my back is unbearable, I cannot sleep on this bed anymore!!! I called the store after sleeping on it for about 31/2 weeks to to tell them about these things, ane the clerk told me that there is absolutely nothing I can do about it, and cannot exchange or get my money back. We are not wealthy people who can just throw money away and yes I say there should be a class action law suit. I just want to get a new bed, but not from Serta!

• Mi
    Mihaela Mar 19, 2009

We have purchased a king size mattress and box springs 3 years ago and in the last year has been sagging on the sides about 2 inch. The distributor is not interested in servicing it, but rather in selling us more furniture. We have had a service call, followed up by a technician's visit and it's been 2 months since. Now, we have been told that Serta will not issue an authorization for replacement because we did not buy the frame from the store. And were advised to buy one, then the company would approve the re-selection. Sounds right to you? To me it doesn't! We went into another distributor's store, and he assured us that is no question about it since we purchased the spring box and mattress. Especially since it is sagging where we sleep and not in the middle as the vendor is trying very hard to convince us. The technician took a picture of the bed and apparently they have been submitted to Serta. If they have, there should be no doubt that is a manufacturing defect.
    The distributor we made the purchase from is The Brick on Kennedy Road, at Kennedy Commons. The one we asked for a second opinion is Sleep Country. The frame the bed is on is a custom one with 5 2"thick slats. I'm not sure if we are getting screwed by both sides or not. I just want this mattress out of my life. I'm already limping because of it. If anyone is still thinking of the law suit, count me in.

• Jm
    J. M. Shultz Apr 11, 2009

We have gone through 2 different mattresses so far...A Sealy pillowtop and now a Serta Perfect Sleeper..."Reece" after only a couple of months they both had deep depressions in the hip area (I weight 120). We are seriously considering going back to just the spring mattresses with no pillowtop. The foam they used is either low quality or not applicable for a good mattress. We are in the process of returning this one and getting a regular mattress..same brand. Has anyone tried this? This is getting to be very aggravating let alone a huge hasstle. I had a mattress for years with non of these problems...does anyone have any thoughts about what is going on?
    Sleepless in Toledo, OH

dj1 May 13, 2009

Well I guess we are joining a growing crowd who will never buy a Serta (or any other product they produce).
    We were surprised the hurdles they make you go thru just to submit a claim. Original receipt must be ready, 2 'law' tags, form.

Our first denial covered a miriad of issues from them adding NEW terms/requirements that aren't even part of the warranty card we got when we bought. Then when we asked for reconsideration, the next guy denied it on the basis we didn't have the necessary 1.5" of sagging...BUT WE AREN'T CLAIMING a sagging warranty issue! Our is bulging out the side. We've countered every excuse they've given so far.

"We received your letter today denying our warranty claim on the Serta mattress warranted for 10 years.

We request you forward this to your supervisor since the facts outlined in your denial letter are not consistent with the problem, or cannot be based on the adjuster's report for our mattress, and/or are not reflective of the warranty requirements provided in the warranty card provided at the time of purchase as opposed to the new more detailed conditions your seem to be imposing to qualify for warranty coverage.

1. Border wires - During the adjuster visit we discussed this. Specifically it was pointed out that sitting on the side of a mattress can cause border wires to bend and that would void a warranty, however, she noted the area in question is obviously not one where a person sits. She understood the problem area is where I get in and out of the bed, so if that constitutes 'extreme force' by a person weighing 235lbs then your product is not suitable for a significant portion of the population. Our complaint is not with bent border wires, it is with the springs/support in the side area bulging out sideward from the side to about 1' inward from the border wires.

2. Center support - The adjuster noted the issue of a center support but also noted the problem has nothing to do with the center of the bed. We requested she photograph the bed frame construction since it differs from the examples in the warranty card/owner card. Ours has a center 6"X1" vertical cross frame does not move/sag etc and which exceeds the structure of a normal king/queen metal type frame. This is also why our frame has two single box springs, as opposed to the sample ones pictured in the warranty/owner card that have a king/queen box spring which obviously would need a center support extending to the floor due to the span to prevent sagging/body impressions.

Putting this aside, we note there is no complaint of a sagging issue whatsoever in the middle or anywhere in the area where a centre support would provide support.

Further, when the adjuster mentioned Serta MAY want a centre support we both examined the warranty card where it states a center support is 'recommended', NOT 'required'. She acknowledged our frame is not the normal frames where centre supports provide support. We would also note that If a center support is a requirement for warranty coverage it should be stated as such not simply 'recommended', then your authorized dealers that sell your products and deliver it to our homes would properly install your product or adivse customers. The adjuster acknowledged this has been a failing of some of your dealers, as it apparently has been for us.

You suggest we purchase a metal frame with center support and 5 or 6 legs or hardwood slats being a minimum of 5 1"thick and 3" wide. If you look at the bed frame in the photo you will see our frame far exceeds what you are suggesting we purchase, or the examples on the warranty card.

Further, the warranty card we have states sagging is covered, "only if the mattress has been continously supported by a matching foundation (or equivalent) and used with an appropriate frame and center support, or a minimum of 5 cross slats." If you maintain a center support voids our warranty for a unrelated complaint then we would note we meet the requirement since we have a minimum of 5 cross slats. Further, despite you letter indicating slat dimensions, there was not such requirement other than the number of slats in our warranty card.

3. Stains - The adjuster noted ONE ~3"X 1/16" mark on the side of the mattress DIRECTLY over the border spring. Prior to her visit we had seen 'staining' reported on the internet by other Serta customers who have had claims denied. We discussed with the adjuster how stains can be an issue and how some of the mattresses she has had to come out to look at should be condemned. We fully understand and appreciate why STAINS are an issue for the workers in Serta's factory handling repairs. Since we use a mattress cover we knew there were no STAINS. She said we may be able to remove the mark so I took a cloth and wiped the line and it instantly came off. When we rotate the mattress the side probably just rubbed against the colored wood post of the frame and transferred this small mark.

We assume you have inadvertently added a number of additional conditions or details for warranty coverage that were not conveyed to customers in the information provided to us at the time of purchase.. Perhaps your warranty requirements may have changed since our purchase so we ask you to honour the warranty.

We are surprised at the barriers Serta seems is imposing to obtain warranty coverage on a $2500.00 mattress set you warrant for 10 years.

We are including Ellen Roseman, consumer reporter for the Toronto Star in this email because we think she may also find it interesting to learn of the hurdles Serta is now imposing to honour a warranty claim, including requiring an original receipt, a 'law' tag off the mattress and a 'law' tag off the box spring which customers typically remove and dispose of at the time of purchase, someone claiming a minor mark as a 'stain' and to claim the 'unsanitary condition' exemption under the warranty, the addition of dimensions for the wood slats now that you don't specify in the warranty, the centre support for a king size with two single box frames where there is already a centre support which far exceeds the support of the comparibles in your warranty card. We thought the stories on the internet of others with similar claim denials were exaggerated. We remain hopeful that your superior will reconsider our claim and we again request you to forward this for their consideration. "

dj1 May 13, 2009

The next response from the supervisor denied the claim because we only had sagging of 1" when the warranty requires 1.5" before a claim is allowed.

We had to point out that, " We are somewhat confused by your response denying coverage for an impression since we are not claiming a warrantable impression as the issue. It seems that the claim continues to be denied without understanding the issue identified to the adjuster."

dj1 May 13, 2009

We thought it might be helpful to others to point out some of our follow-up observations on the excuses used to deny the claim which run contrary to their warranty card.

"To assist you I've attached the warranty card which indicates what is covered in our warranty, specifically, "wires that are loose, broken, or protruding through fabric. There is no distinction for the type of wires as Johanna had indicated with regards to her comment on exclusion due to bent border wires/grid. The card also has a separate paragraph on 'sagging' which doesn't mention any minimum as opposed to the next section which mentions body impressions (1.5").

As we noted, there is a bulging from the upper left SIDE and opposite lower right SIDE of the mattress, the latter area is affected because when we rotate the mattress as is required it becomes the upper left SIDE. When you apply surface pressure in the area you can see and hear the springs/wires moving and causing the side to buckle outward against the side support material. It does not return to normal after surface pressure is removed.

The two affected areas are in the area where I get in and out of bed on a daily basis. (NOT sit). I don't bounce or jump into bed as would be obvious based on the height of the mattress from the floor, unless one were doing the high jump, which I am not.

The surface sagging in the border wire affected area was measured at 1" by the adjuster. Since a 1" sag from the supporting wire system is not significant to qualify as a warrantable then how can Johanna use the same 1" sagging to DISqualify the loose springs/wires that are bulging outward?

Johanna stated "bent border wires are a high guage wire ...for it to bend it would have been met with extreme force, for that reason border wires are not covered under the warranty."

In any mattress the border wires, spring, and grid all flex as one gets in and out of bed. They are not completely rigid. The only area affected area is where I get in and out of bed so one can hardly consider that 'extreme force'. It appears to us that we have wires in that same area that must be loose or broken and are causing the side to buckle outward."

Have fun dealing with Serta if you decide to buy cause it seems thus far they have made up a bunch of excuses or created NEW conditions to qualify for warranty coverage, that they never specified in the warranty...until after you make your claim. That makes it impossible to qualify.

• Bj
    bjw May 31, 2009

My husband and I have a pillowtop (can't remember at the moment if it is Serta or Simmons). But, never the less, it is HORRIBLE. I am seriously considering turning the stupid thing over and using the non pillowtop side. It can't be any worse than what we have going on now. Both of us weigh close to 15o. There is no reason that our bed should look like the Grand Canyon!

• Eb
    ebb Jul 14, 2009

My issue with serta is ten times worse than any of yours! Not only does the mattress sag, Today I discovered that there are bed bugs crawling underneath my mattress protector which hsa been on my bed since the day I purchased the mattress. I am so lost as to what to do ! I dont have another $1700 dollars just lying around to purchase a mattress! I have filed a report with the Better Buisness Bureau and I'm waiting to hear back from them!

• Fr
    Frustrated in L.A. Aug 24, 2009

We had the same experienve with our expensive $2, 000 Serta "perfect" sleeper. We had to pay for the inspection fee only to be told tha the sagging (after only one year) was within the tolerance tresh hold. Not our tolerance, as both my husband and I are being treated for constant backache and sholder pain since the mattress started sagging and keeps wosening. Serta does not want to honor the warranty.

chefmisti Sep 16, 2009

We are on our 3rd serta mattress in about 2.5 years. Spent 1400+ on the VERA WANG pillow top and had it replaced in about 3-4 months. First contacted the store who drug their feet contacting the Serta rep, Brett. Finally got his # from the store and called him myself. Tried to set up a time for him to come inspect the mattress and he proceeded to speak to me over the phone like I was a dog. Called Serta and the store to let them know Brett would not be stepping foot in my house to inspect anything and they better tell me how to measure the sagging and get me a new mattress. They did. Ended up saying the first mattress had a "bad batch of foam" on the top...whatever. 2nd mattress did the exact same thing. Went back to the store and told them to just give us the mattress with the least amount of foam/pillow top in Vera Wang line. This one has lasted longer than first two, but it is still a piece of crud. We can feel the springs in it. It is horrible and I think I may also get in touch with MS. WANG to let her know her name is being associated with garbage! I would love to take this piece of junk and put it on Serta's door. I think they should be sued for trying to tell everyone they, "MAKE THE WORLD'S BEST MATTRESS." No you don't, and I don't know who told you you do.

• Pa
    PATEATMYSHORTS Oct 19, 2009

PEOPLE I WORKED AT SERTA MATTRESS FOR 7 YEARS AND YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE THE BS THAT GOES ON! APPLES IN BEDS, PEOPLE LEAVING THEIR SEWING NEEDLES IN THE MATERIAL, THE BELOIT PLANT ONLY CARES ABOUT QUANITY NOT QUALITY, NOT ONLY THAT BUT THE PLANT MANGER IS UNDER QUALIFIED TO RUN THAT FACTORY, HE TREATS EMPLOYEES UNFAIRLY AND IS A SEXIEST. THE EMPLOYEES I USE TO WORK WITH ARE GOOD PEOPLE FOR THE MOST PART, AND IT'S A DAMN SHAME THAT PLANT MANAGER PUSHES THEM SO HARD, THERE WERE SADDLY ALOT OF DEATHS CONTRIBUTED TO THE STRESS FACTORS AT THIS FALICILITY IN WHICH THE COMPANY SHOULD HAVE BEEN INVESTAGATED.

• Si
    S in Ga Oct 26, 2009

Three years ago I bought a 2200 dollar serta pillow top. It was great! Until we stood it and moved it a 100 miles away from the town we bought it in. Then it didnt just sag, it fell and bunched up in chunks all over. Hurt like crazy to sleep on. I have osteoarthritis to begin with which is why I bought it, and trying to sleep on it one night is bad. I called the store and was told that the sales persons sister had the same problem and it was something to do with the glue not holding up. Her sister got a new one. But, because I moved out of town they could not just replace it, they had to have a rep come look at it. The mattress was 3 mos old. The rep decided it needed replacing and I paid the $35 fee. Eventually, they sent a replacement. From where I have no idea. There were no tags on it, and it was at least as bad as the one that was replaced. Same basic problem. It was several inches less thick than it was supposed to be. I called immediately and she told me I had to sleep on it a week before I could start the process over. There were no tags to send and I just was tired of spending the money and effort. I figured they would just send me another reject. I had expected a new one. Silly me.. I did get a free pillow with the set which I still use. I call it my 22oo pillow. The set went to a storage place on the property and not used by me again. I could not afford another 2200 so I ended up with a $1000 one but you can guess it is not a serta. There seriously needs to be a class action suit against these people.

Mad Cap Apr 06, 2010

If someone does initiate a class action suit, I'm in. We purchased 5 serta beds for our beach condo and the master bed mattress is sagging and lumpy. Very uncomfortable creating aches and pains everywhere. Mattress Marshalls was sent to measure the indentations and determined it was a one inch sag, which did not meet Serta's guideline of 1 1/2" for replacement. After speaking with the gentleman from Mattress Marshalls about the method for measurement there is no doubt the measurement guidelines were created by Serta and he confirmed there is no way they will ever get a true measurement using the criss cross method on a pillow top. Mattress Warehouse, the store I purchased the beds from, and Serta brag about the fact that they use an independent company to do their inspection, which is supposed to mean they are protecting the consumer but in fact Serta is controlling all the strings and Mattress Marshalls stays in business because of so many unsatisfied customers. I'm curious how much Serta pays them to write a satifactory report? The service manager for the warranty did not return my call after our initial conversation and now won't even take my calls. I should have done my due diligence before purchasing but I'm less stressed knowing this is a far bigger battle for Serta. I will never purchase a Serta mattress again and continue to pass the word to others.

• Ra
    radcrow99 Apr 26, 2010

Does anyone know how/what the warranty is for Serta pillowtop? Is it a general warranty that is the same for every mattress?

I purchased mine in 2003 or 2004. The store I purchased from has gone out of business. The mattress has started to sag. (I know it's 6-7 years old. *It wasn't used for over a year)
    I have a queen double pillow top (pillow on both sides of mattress).

I honestly haven't tried to find my reciept or information, I'm not sure if I have it. But I figured I would ask for some general information.

• Ju
    Jumpy Jun 02, 2010

I ONLY WISH I had look ed up complaints BEFORE I bought my mattress, a Serta pillow top!!! It has all the same problems as everyone has except I followed thru with the warrenty, paid the inspector [$35.] and the delivery fee and after 3 wks the new mattress is just as bad, it has a big divit in the center! I complained and they sent out the inspector at no charge. It is a 1 1/4" devit and needs to be 1 1/2 " deep what a joke! I want to call every week and complain, AND get another mattress but will have to pay the $150 delivery cost again so I'll be out $300 and still have a crappy Serta mattress! I wish someone would put this on a comsumer complaint TV segment. Horrible business practices, horrible product, I hope the go out of business!! Just pass the word!!!1

• Kh
    khbart Jun 09, 2010

We bought our bed serta plush top that is supposed to be a firm mattress underneath the plush top and from the first day we should have known something wasn't right. When I sat on the bed after it was delivered it made a loud pop noise. Then later that night it made another pop sound on my husbands side of the bed too. We didn't know what it was so just ignored it. Now 7 months later our back are hurting and the bed is collapsing when I roll over to put my arm around my husband I feel like he is laying on the floor. The bed is horrible! I called the store we purchased the bed from and complained and when they sent an inspector out he could obviously see it is broken and stated that on his letter to Serta, but because there was 3 small tiny stains on the mattress they are refusing to honor the warranty. I called Serta per the letter sent to me refusing and they said I needed to call the store where I purchased the bed from. I called them and raised caine to them about how stupid it is for them to refuse when it is clearly broken. I am fighting this now, but I told him I don't care what it takes I will get another bed because that isn't fair. They can take your old mattresses away, yet they can replace the one under warranty. Do they try and resell it? If it is broken would they not just throw it away? Absolutely Ridiculous!!! The guy from the store stated to clean the stains and call the inspector back and I did and the stains came completely out but, does this mean they will give me a new mattress? I don't know. I did tell them I would put this on facebook, twitter, our local tv station that has a show called 12 on your side that help consumers with their problems. I even threatened them to put my mattress on top of my car and parade it all over town to not shop at their store or buy Serta if they didn't honor my warranty. Stains have nothing to do with the bed being broken. I have only had it for 7 months. I am still fighting them, but after just reading all these stories I don't think my battle is going to be easy. We will see.

mathew family Aug 08, 2010

This company sux... Bought a brand new pillowtop for my wife, 1, 900.00 (king size) 1.25 yrs old and the pillowtop is all falling off one side, and is all wrinkled up. Also has one huge dip in the middle, even though there are six supports under the middle, we also rotate every six months- called and they said they cant do anything? VERY UNCOMFORTABLE DO NOT BUY!!!
    BOYCOTT SERTA, BRING ON THE LAWSUIT

• Fa
    Fabzster Jan 31, 2011

I purchased a serta bed from h and home, the bed now seems to concave in the middle. I contacted House and Home (Canal Walk) and they arranged for Serta to contact me.

They Phoned and said that an inspector would come and check the bed on Fri at 11:00. I then arranged to have time off from work and be available. I was home from about 10:30
    at about 14:00 I received a call from H and home to follow-up. I informed her that no one came my house.

she gave me the number and I gave them a call. I was then told that the inspector was there but no-one was home BS. She then forwarded the call to the Inspector by the name of Chris and he told me that he was there and nobody was home.
    He said you have a white house to which I replied NO my house is a sand colour, he then said your house at 14 __ Road I said NO 14__ Close. At this stage I was so upset that nobody had even bothered to contact me and that this guy was just trying to BS me that I said that this is F$%#%$ Crap. He then said dont swear at me and put the phone down.

I am yet to hear from anyone even after House and home spoke to the manager at serta (Craig)
    They still dont even care about customer service

• Ra
    rajakhurram Apr 08, 2011

Folks,
    I am planning to file a lawsuit against SERTA and Mor Furniture. Let me know if you are in it with me and please spread the word.
    I can be reached at: r a j a k h u r r a m AT g m a i l DOT c o m

Thanks

Joan Nichols Aug 03, 2016

I purchased two sets of Serts Concicerge Mattress sets, through the Internet.
    The mattress set that I am sleeping on became defective after two months of owning it. I purchased the set, like I said, through Serta-Sams Club Del.
    I have tried for months to contact them, without any response!
    Because the set is defective and sagging, I wake up with full Spinal pain!!!
    Are you able to help me?

Mrs. Joan Nichols

• X2
    x2flow Aug 03, 2016

I sent a mattress for sewing of small tear on the top joining corner last year (May 2010) when the mattress came back, the bottom sheet was different and the mattress had lumps in it. (The bed was bought in August 2008) It was re-fetched by the factory for fixing. I believe and mentioned to Serta that the mattress that came back from sewing is not the same mattress that I bought and that it was changed. When I complained that the mattress had lumps after being sewed, they fetched the mattress for fixing of the lumps.

These lumps have since re-developed & I have now been told that these are normal bodily impressions and the bed is out of warranttee . Yet these are lumps that developed in the factory and whatever they did to fix the lumps they created did not give me a bed of the same quality that I bought . The current status of the mattress is one that was created by Serta at the time that I called to request that the tear be fixed. Is this the quality that one can expect from an expensive Serta mattress? Does this mean that anybody in the same situation should expect to develop such 'body impressions' after sleeping on the bed for two years.

Why spend thousands on Serta?

• Po
    pobarjenkins Aug 03, 2016

I wouldn't expect much from a $400 mattress.

• Sh
    Shirley Egan Aug 03, 2016

Purchased Pillow Top Mattress 2077.26 28068 812-1 in 2003
    Manufactured West Palm Beach- Purchasedat Barnes
    Giant Sink holes each side. How do we eliminate these sink holes? [email protected]

stephen wright Aug 03, 2016

my wife Angelita and I purchased a Dan ford PS euro top mattress for 399.99 dollars on 06/01/2010. Now it has a sink hole causing restless nights and backaches. It has not even been a year. Refund or exchange for a better mattress would be deeply appreciated. I know you stand by your name. May not be able to tell from pictures but there is a sink hole and we tried to pad it and with several types of padding.

• Kc
    kcoxus Aug 21, 2018

Hi. I have had this Serta mattress for five years and I am completely disappointed in how the mattress sags in the middle. I will not buy a Serta mattress again, since I payed 1800 for the mattress.
    Kathleen Cox

• Le
    Leigh Stallings Jun 23, 2019

I purchased my serta pillow at Wal-Mart for $44.95 before tax it promised to keep it's shape... within 4 months the promise was broken