[Resolved] Sears Sign Stonebriar Mall Frisco TX / layaway nightmare

3333 Beverly Road
Hoffman Estates, IL 60179

ATTN: Sears Corporate Advocate, Complaint Department
RE: Customer Service

I purchased a washer and dryer as well as two televisions. The washer and dryer were on a separate layaway ticket than the two televisions. I go into the Sears store in Frisco, TX at the Stonebriar Mall and the cashier states that my layaway with the two televisions was CANCELLED but the washer & dryer ticket was still active. I asked him to give me a reason as to why my ticket was cancelled because to my knowledge I have paid every minimum amount due. He told me that ‘There is no way in the system that I can pull up the details of the cancellation” So he called the department manager who came by for literally 1 minute and told us there is nothing he can do and walked away without resolving the issue. We asked to then get a phone number to the layaway department. Our cashier gave us the phone number to sears.com. After being transferred and given several numbers to call, they couldn’t do anything to help us either! We then asked to speak to the store manager, Virginia. She was extremely rude and made us out to look like liars! She printed a report of all the payments made on BOTH tickets and saw that we made all payments on time. She pointed out a time when we made a $16.60 payment instead of the $280.93. I explained to her the only reason we made that payment is because the receipt from the previous payment stated that only $0.93 was due. She looked at me as if I was crazy and making this up. I asked her to print out all receipts so that she can see what I was talking about, but she only came back with one that was from an irrelevant date to the $16.60 transaction.

I am completely frustrated that you people cannot help your customers. I have bought SEVERAL and thousands of dollars worth of merchandise from that store. How can they tell me that I am a liar? AND if that was not the minimum amount due, do you not train your cashiers to tell the customer the minimum amount due on the account? I have paid all my minimum payments on time and ALWAYS the amount due. Why would I pay such a small amount when I am aware that the account could possibly be cancelled due to that? The receipt said $0.93 DUE and I paid $16.60 which was MORE than what was due.

I am so angry that you people then charged me cancellation fees and my deposit and now I’m down nearly $400!! All I want is my money back. I cannot afford to lose the money I paid as a deposit for my layaway. Is it so unreasonable to ask for my money back in full? I DO NOT WANT ANYTHING EXTRA FROM YOU THEIVES. You would do anything to take money and scam people so that you can stay in business. I want you to give me MY MONEY back. EVERY PENNY I paid to your CHEAP Company for my layaway.

You have lost a loyal Sears customer and I will notify all my family members and friends and coworkers of this nightmare. I will never do business with your company EVERY again and I recommend you train your store managers to be less defensive and more helpful to loyal customers like I had been to your company.
Respectfully,

www.compaintsboard.com

• Resolution statement

• Sears Brands Customer Care's Response, Apr 19, 2012

Dear Garine,

My name is Brian and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I saw this comment and I wanted to reach out to you to see if we could be of assistance. I'm sorry that your layaway was cancelled without you being notified, and for the poor customer service you received in the store, when trying to find the reason why. I can certainly see why you would be frustrated by this. We would like a chance to look into your situation a little more, and see what we can do to make this right by you.

At your convenience, please contact my office via email at [protected]@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number, and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the name (Garine Maramba) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Brian S.