Sears / return of a christmas present

1 Danville, VA, United States Review updated:

My son in law received two shirts for Christmas that were purchased on Oct 29, 2017, however he did not receive them until Dec 25, 2017, the shirts were not the correct size. I went to the store today with the original receipt & explained that these were given for a Christmas gift just to be told that it was over your 30 day return policy and that your extended return policy started on November 1st, you are talking about 2 days. The shirts don't fit and you all will not exchange the shirts for a larger size and nor will you refund the money, so from what I can see as a consumer you all are a thief. If I had not had my receipt I may could understand better why it could not have been done but for someone to tell me when I asked what I was suppose to do with the shirts because they are too small I was told that I could give them to Goodwill. Just one problem with that and that is not supporting Goodwill this gift was for my family member. I would you like it if someone told you that if you were in my shoes. Sometimes rules should be bent and this was one of them considering how much business I have done with your company and now I fully understand why Sears and Kmart are in the financial trouble that they are in. I will never shop or patronize your stores again and I will strongly encourage anybody that I know not to deal with you all by what was done to me. Whatever happened to customer satisfaction OH let me guess it went in the greedy thieving pockets of Sears Corporate Officers so they can further sit back eating they steaks and taking their cruises. Your so called acting manger by the name of Susan and the sales clerk Mica at the Danville Sears Store 01025 at 325 Piedmont Dr. Danville should make you proud, while Mica that was at the Jewelry counter was making a very sarcastic remark and look on her face. If you all do to all of your customers as I was done today then you deserve to loose your customers and in the end the store will close and that should make you really proud. I am out of the product and the money thus making Sears nothing more than an everyday common thief.

Db
Dec 28, 2017

Comments

• Sh
      29th of Dec, 2017

Hi Mr. or Ms. Barrington.

Frustrating as it may seem, any store needs to set some point of not being able to return or exchange for the holiday season. I would think most people shopping for Christmas in October, if not earlier, would understand and hopefully take extra precautions. In this case, the consumer has a product although one that he/she has no use for now, so the analogy of a thief seems beyond reason.

Maybe the best thing to do is locate the same shirt(s) in the size needed, purchase them and call it all good. By doing so, you still make things right for your son-in-law.