Sears Repair Service / extortion / scam

United States Review updated:
On Oct. 10,2007 I had an appointment for repair service on my Sears oven. The handle broke off the oven door. I bought the parts myself (brackets to hold handle) from Sears. The repair costs were quoted as $153.00. If I said no ( extortion) I would have to pay $65.00 for the estimate (scam). During the repair he went to his truck and returned with 4 screws that he said I needed and was charged $4.49 for EACH. Total charged $170.54 for a job that took 5 minutes.

I will never shop at Sears again.

Comments

Jo
  24th of Jul, 2008
Technician came to my house and left without doing anything, but before he left he said that he will come back and get somebody to help him out for it is a big microwave. Later in the afternoon, the technician called and cancels the appointment and will not come back until next week (reason: "My assistant was canceled today and I don't have help booo-hooo). My regret is my lost of time towards these non-sense people. They did not even apologize for the inconvenience that they caused me...nothing at all. DO NOT GET THIS PEOPLE TO SERVICE YOUR APPLIANCES!
Tr
  11th of Nov, 2009
Couldn't agree w/you more. Had an appt today and tech called me for directions since we live in a new development and when he never showed I called back the cell number that showed on my caller ID and he had turned it off. I phoned 1-800-my-home for sears hom repair and asked why the tech never showed and they stated that the tech noted that he made 2 attempts but nobody home, SUCH LIARS!!!
Mo
  7th of Jul, 2010
I had an appointment today for my deep freeze. I scheduled it 1.5 weeks ago. They only come to my area 2 days a week. I told them my freezes high temp alarm continued to go off and some items in the freezer wouldn't stay frozen. When I scheduled the appointment they said there was a $59 service charge. The guy came today. Opened the door to the freezer. Said yup it is running. There is frost on the top shelf that you need to defrost and then charged me $125. I went for the scam. Defrosted the freezer which only had 1/2 of the top shelf---not a lot of frost. AFterwards turned it on, closed the door and yes you guessed it---- The alarm continues to go off, the frost is coming back on the top shelf, and the food that is left in there is thawed. THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH MY FREEZER!!! I do have 90 days for them to come back and recheck it. What a waste of time and money. DON'T USE SEARS OR BUY SEARS!!!

Sears Brands Logo Sears Brands