Sears Optical / eyeglasses
I purchased transition lens glasses in November 2008. I returned them in March because the coating on the lenses smeared with white spots that could not be removed. They replaced them and now I have the exact same problem with the lenses. I cannot use the glasses because the coating is again smudged with white spots. I took them back today and the person in the optical dept afffirmed that the coating has once again failed. She offered me a 50% discount-because they are only guaranteed for 90 days. Obviously, after 4 months the glasses fail. So, 50% is worthless to me-since they will probably fail again in 4 months. I think that Sears should replace the glasses free of charge or refund the original purchase price. I would NEVER again buy glasses from Sears, nor recommend anyone else to do so.
We have dealt with Sears optical for several years and have had no problem. The glasses I am now wearing are my old prescription-and are still in fine condition-except that they are not strong enough.
More Sears Optical Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Sears - customer service department 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Refrigerator - poor quality product! 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer Machine - terrible company! 
- Sears Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator - Dept of energy agreement does not compensate me properly 
- [Resolved] Sears Die Hard Gold Battery - it should be named the die easy battery 
- Sears Brands - je more elite
- Sears - master protection agreement not honored
- Sears Brands - protection agreement division
- Sears Home Improvements - gutters and soffits
- Sears Brands - working conditions