Sears / Kenmore Side By Side Refrigerator / Almost caught fire!

Edison, NJ, United States Review updated:
We brought a new Kenmore refrigerator and gas stove in Feb. 2004. We also brought Maytag washing machine and dryers first from another company. After having numerous problems with that i figured when it was time to get new appliances for the kitchen to go to Sears, my parents always told me that the Kenmore stuff was great, so that is what we did.
Boy am i regretting that decision since my house could have burned down this morning!!!

My husband gets up at 5:45 in the morning to go to work and i got up, and we smell this disgusting burning rubber kind of smell, so we turn the hall light on (we live in a one level home) and look down the hall and it is very hazy. After a few minutes of searching, we here this noise that sounds like power jolt of some sort so i call 911. The Edison FD comes and after searching the house they pull out the appliances and determine that the compressor and something else on the refrigerator almost caught fire. My husband works rotating shifts so if he didn't get up we would have still been asleep and would not have woken up for another 1 1/12, heck my whole could have caught fire!!! Besides the fact my 5 year old is now totally freaked out.

So right now we went to a local appliance dealer and brought a new refrigerator and that will be delivered tomorrow. And i called Sears and they are suppose to be out between 8 - 5 tomorrow to look at the almost burned my house down piece of crap and they better fix it.

But after reading everyones complaints, I'm very doubtful. I'm totally upset that this happened and I'm wishing and hoping this will be resolved, but from the sounds of it who knows.

Thanks.

The Koenig's
Edison, NJ

More Sears / Kenmore Side By Side Refrigerator Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Bi
  11th of Dec, 2007
Same thing happened to me (today)... any resolution.