Sears - Kenmore Refrigerator / broken refrigerator delivered!

I purchased a Kenmore Refrigerator at the Sears Store at Chesterfield Town Center in Richmond, Va on 11-20-06. It was delivered on on 11-24-06. After the men set it up to work it never got cold in temperature. When Sears sent a man out to look at it the next evening, he said it was a bad refrigerator and it needed to be replaced. When we went to the store that same evening to purchase another one we were told we had to wait until 11-30-06 to get it. We asked if we could get it sooner, we have no way to keep our food. All our food had to be thrown out. We got no satisfaction from the store help. The product was paid for in full. We owe Sears nothing. The help in your store was no help to me at all. We were subjected to a disservice and I think we should be compensated for the loss of our food and we should not have to wait until 11-30-06 to get our product. I am seriously considering seeking the help of an attorney and reporting your store to WWBT Channel 12 here in Richmond, Va. I look forward to hearing from your corporate office. I can also be reached by phone which I prefer at [protected] and at 1607 Westover Hills Blvd., Richmond, VA 23225.

Comments

• Va
      7th of Feb, 2007

Almost two years ago we renovated our kitchen, and replaced all the appliances with Kenmore Elite products, including their top-line dishwasher and refrigerator.

In that time period, the dishwasher has broken twice, and the refrigerator twice. Both have 4-year Master Care plans.

In the past, we've been happy with the timeliness of the immediacy and quality of the warranty service, though the disconnect between the parts shippers and the appointment makers is really annoying, as other reviews have noticed.

However, our refrigerator broke TWO MONTHS AGO on Dec. 1, 2006, and a repairman visited on Dec. 5, 2006. Since then, the parts have been backordered. And every few weeks, the ship date keeps on extending. It is now Feb. 6, 2007, and Sears STILL has not shipped the parts. I don't trust their shipping estimate, since they keep on revising it.

To Sears' credit, they have authorized rental reimbursement for another refrigerator. However, how many people have room in their kitchen for a spare refrigerator? Where would we put it? This is not like a car repair where you can drive a rental car while the other is in the shop -- in that case you don't have an extra car to park.

At what point does this constitute "unable to repair" which in the warranty would merit replacement? Ironically, if this really was a car, many states' lemon laws (the part about honoring the warranty) would merit replacement or reimbursement by now.

TWO MONTHS and waiting.

• Mi
      25th of Sep, 2008
    Sears - Kenmore Refrigerator - SCustomer Service (non-existent)
    Sears
    Pennsylvania

Like so many others have written, the freezer works but the refrigerator side doesn't cool. Called customer service (I have an extended service agreement), earliest a tech could get out to me was three weeks ( why rush, they got my money for the service contract - I'm a hostage) ...on the tech the tech ewas to show ..of course not...Customer Service was sorry for the inconvenience...refused to let me speak with a supervisor..but happily rescheduled me for 10 days later...that's right - no show again. Anyone who buys annything from Sears no longer has a right to complain, the internet is loaded with the same stories of abuse ...its your money =- be a fool and buy from Sears or be a wise person and go anywhere else.