Sears - Hitachi Tv / you call this service?
We bought our Hitachi 50" 50V525 model Tv from sears canada and it was delivered in September 2005. As we were moving into our new home ( not until October 2005) the Tv sat until then.
It worked fine until July2006 when it started to act up. Picture would just go off and screen would turn blue.
We called sears before the year warranty period was up and also purchased at an additional $250.00 an extended warranty.
We have had a sears service man here 3 times to fix the machine but to no avail. Now he says it needs a circuit board and light engine. We have been without the Tv since mid september and sears advised they could not get the part until mid December 2006. Another 2 months waitng.
Hitachi are absolutly useless as they advise they have a "special" arrangement with Sears and I would have to deal with them. part has to come from offshore.sears would not do anything for us either and we just spent over $12,000. on new appliances with them.
You call this service????
Anyone else out there experiencing this kind of treatment??
Oh well what can we expect these days.
More Sears - Hitachi Tv Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Sears - customer service department 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Refrigerator - poor quality product! 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer Machine - terrible company! 
- Sears Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator - Dept of energy agreement does not compensate me properly 
- [Resolved] Sears Die Hard Gold Battery - it should be named the die easy battery 
- Sears Brands - je more elite
- Sears - master protection agreement not honored
- Sears Brands - protection agreement division
- Sears Home Improvements - gutters and soffits
- Sears Brands - working conditions