Sears Elite Refrigerator / faulty refrigerator & washer

1 2432 SW 111th StOklahoma City, OK, United States Review updated:
Phone: 405-378-7065

Purchased new home with Kenmore Elite refrigerator model number [protected] in Sept 01. Every appliance in our home came from Sears. We have had nothing but problems since them. A condenser motor went totally out after about 6 - 12 mos of leaking on the kitchen floor. It could not be determined that was the problem until it went out totally. This resulted in ruining a $500 rug in the kitchen. The door handle broke off when the repairman came in and ask what the problem was. We have since replaced 2 more door handles.
The ice maker flap will not close completely letting air into the basket and causing the ice to melt in it which caused a problem and what is caught int he shoot melt into the tray on front door. The ice maker will dispense fairly slow until you get the glass almost full - then it dumps 4-5 cubes at once- guess where they go? One the floor. It is almost like this thing is possessed.
We also purchased a washer and dryer from Sears. The washer motor went out 13 months after delivery. Of course, warranty was for 12 months!
We have owned many, many Sears appliances in the past, I would say for 35 yrs. I cannot begin to tell you how unhappy I am with Sears now. I will NEVER buy a Sears appliance again!
We have called to try to talk to a factory rep. Instead we are told that we should have bought the extended warranty on refrigerator. When you pay $1, 800 at builders cost for a product you should not have to pay extra to make sure it works. Our alternative now is to pay $65 to have a technician come out to look at their defective product!!!

Comments

• Dd
      5th of May, 2008

Failing to see the pattern here may cost you more money. Do not buy from Sears.

The definition of insanity is repeating the action and expecting a different result.

17th of Jan, 2009
    Sears Elite Refrigerator - Poor product

On 9/2/05 my family purchased a Sears Elite Double door, bottom freezer Model 596.76532500. Shortly after the warranty period ran out, the unit stopped operating properly. To this day, the unit continues to stop operating periodically for no apparent reason. Yesterday it occurred again, and I'm now forced to toss hundreds of dollars of food in trash -again !

Originally, I contacted Sears, thinking they would honor the warranty that had just run out, a few weeks prior . I was repeatedly cut off and transferred to an out of U.S. call center where the individuals had great difficulty in understanding and speaking English. I quickly discovered their reps were totally unresponsive, unless I agreed to sign up for a $250 plus extended repair contract. Initially agreed. After a number of frustrating calls, and several no shows - by their repairman, I canceled the repair contract and demanded a full refund. Eventually, I was able to reached Sears Corporate offices rep. I explained I have been a loyal 4 plus decade Sears customer, with purchases totally well over $25k. All I'm looking for is some coustomer satisfaction and good faith. I quickly realized this does not exists within Sears anymore. I was curt ly dismissed and told someone would get back to me. That was 6 months ago. CUSTOMER NO MORE

• As
      14th of Sep, 2009

I am so much in the same boat. We built our house and put all Kenmore Elite appliances in. What a mistake! The fridge is one huge failure - broken door handles, half-baked ice maker with broken parts, shelves falling in on one another. And it's the top of the line for $1800! The dishwasher I gave away after two horrible years - leaking seals, never cleaning properly and repairmen with an attitude. The stove - another gem... two of the four burners works, the knobs are cheap and break with the slightest bump and the oven loses more heat than it makes. That leaves the washer and dyer... They're actually okay except for one house call they've held up pretty well. Ironically, I cheaped out on them. Oh well, as they say Never Again!