Sears Credit Card / harassment about bogus past due bill!

1 2532 Stony Brook LaneClearwater, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 727 726-8033

My wife and I have received several debt collection calls in an attempt to collect an alleged outstanding bill with Sears Credit Card Services. The amount they give us is $49.++ They state that they have spoken to us on different occasions and that we know about the bill and that it has been reported to the credit bureaus. They asked if I still lived at an address that was a temporary address in 1998 and I said that I have not lived there for 10 years. Today, April 12, 2008 I received a call and then called Sears to see if they have ever had an outstanding balance on any account that I have ever had with them and they said "no".

These calls and this harassment need to stop and this company investigated. I have read other complaints on the internet about them and someone need to put a stop to this.

Thank you.

Comments

• Co
      14th of May, 2008

I am filing this complaint for my mother who is 76 years old and is being constantly harrassed about a debt owed by Natalie Crawford. We have both told them they have the wrong phone number and to quit calling. It has done no good and we are fed up with it. The first collection company that called told my mother that it was a collection attempt for $2000 for Sears for Natalie Crawford. This was after she told them she was not Natalie Crawford. If I am not mistaken, that is against the law. If we have to take this matter further we certainly will. We can have the calls traced through her phone company and involve the local police department. I happen to know through the phone company that this option is available. We just want it stopped.