Sears Canada / bulginh mattress

Pen Centre,St. Catharines, Niagara Falls, ON, CA Review updated:

Bought a SearsO-Pedic mattress in late Jan./09. In July Furn. Medix came down and my mattress on one side is bulging out that your sheets don't fit properly. They told me I needed a new bar across the middle of the frame because this one was bent. The same day I and my husband went to Sears and purchased a new roller frame. I had sears mattress on before the new one and it was fine so nobody asked me about the frame when I bought it or when the men delivered it and put it on my bed. I've shopped at Sears since 1964. I called the 1-800 number and was told the warranty was void. I told them I didn't receive a warranty from when I purchased it or it wasn't on the mattress. This is a default in the mattress with the bulging and having it for only 6 mos. and I think I should have gotten a new one. It's not my fault I didn't get a warranty. We are seniors. Thank you

Comments

• Ea
      Mar 16, 2013

I had a bed bought for me in 2009 from sears and 2 months after buying it it started to sag in the middle I went back to the Sears store the bed was bought at with pictures of the problem. They told me they had no proof of purchase and there was nothing they could do for me, I have been fighting with this for 4 years now and I just 2 weeks ago got a young woman on the phone that helped me find the purchase of the bed . They sent a tech to check out the mattress and he told me it was not fixable I have a 10 year warranty on my mattress and because of a small stain at the foot of the bed I am now being told my warranty is NOT VALID anymore . and they will not be replacing the mattress ...I have never heard of a stain voiding a warranty . I guess we are not to lay on a mattress ever because you might leave a spot on it and will end up voiding your warranty ...My issue with my mattress is not the small stain it is the SPRINGS !!!
    I will not be shopping at sears again and I do plan on taking this as far as I can with BBB as well as any newspaper that will listen . Having a small stain on a mattress voiding a warranty is thee most ridiculous excuse I have even heard of in my 54 years of being alive...
    A very unhappy customer