Sears Canada Ltd. / product, service and customer service complaint
I am in the process of dealing with the very frustrating maze that is customer service at Sears. My less than 3 year old front loading Kenmore washing machine (Whirlpool Duet sold under the Kenmore name) needs new ball bearings. Surprise, you can’t just buy the ball bearings – you have to buy the entire drum kit. Everything in it will cost the same to repair it as it would be to buy a new one. I paid $85 for the Sears tech to come into my house for less than 2 minutes. He diagnosed the problem in under 10 seconds. He told me that it’s a common problem in 7+ year or older machines, but not in one so new. He had never seen that problem before & suggested I call customer service. Suprise – nothing they can do for me…not even a discount on the parts. I’m not at all surprised at this point. I’m considering dropping the broken machine on the front door of Sears so they can deal with the disposal. Is everything disposable these days? Apparently Kenmore products are.
In addition, I was charged an additional $5+tx ‘Supply fee’ on top of the $69.95 +tx service charge for the technician. When I called to enquire about it even customer service didn’t know what the fee was for (since no supplies were used). They agreed to reverse the charge and call me back when it was done. No call backs. After my 4th phone call (for $5!) I was told that this was an industry standard fee for the technician keeping supplies on the truck whether they were used or not and the charge would not be reversed. WHAT?
They also said that I wasn’t told of the fee beforehand because some techs charge it and some don’t. Now, how industry standard is that? I’ve written letters of complaint and also got the reply from Dene Rogers that David May would respond to my concerns. I have not heard anything from Mr. May’s office yet. I am now in an email discussion with a customer service representative who apparently doesn’t read my concerns as she will not answer direct questions, but rather reiterates what is found on the bill (with no further expanation).
I’m frustrated beyond belief (and being 9 months pregnant with no washing machine isn’t helping to calm me down).
Buyer beware with both Kenmore Products and Sears service calls!
More Sears Canada Ltd. Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Sears - customer service department 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Refrigerator - poor quality product! 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer Machine - terrible company! 
- Sears Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator - Dept of energy agreement does not compensate me properly 
- [Resolved] Sears Die Hard Gold Battery - it should be named the die easy battery 
- Sears Lawnmower - never worked properly 
- [Resolved] Sears Home Improvement &buyer Beware& - buyer beware/contracts changed 
- Sears - problems with restocking fee 
- Sears, Inc. - slow posting of payment on account
- [Resolved] Sears Mattress - did not receive item or refund