Sears Canada / scam and cheating!

13012 85 streetEdmonton, Alberta, Canada Review updated:
4.3
Phone: 780-478-4023
I am thoroughly disgusted!!! Today, january 17, 2008, I took my three daughters to sears at kingsway garden mall to return a christmas gift that my grandmother had purchased for my 11 year old that was too small. Unfortunately, my grandma purchased the shirt in august. Even though it had the original tags still on it and I had my gift receipt in hand, I was told by "customer services" that they had a 90 day return/exchange policy. This means that I would have had to return or exchange it by november. When I objected, I was then told that new "corporate policy" for christmas returns says it must be done by january 12. I said "i'm not a regular customer at sears so how am I supposed to know what your"corporate policy is? Plus it doesn't even show a return/exchange date on the gift receipt."I then politely asked to speak to a manager who told me there was nothing that they could do for me. So... I told her that she could keep the stinking' shirt and everything that I was going to purchase and that I would be contacting my grandma (Who I should tell you has been shopping and supporting sears since she made her first purchase almost 65 years ago... A baby carriage for her baby... My dad). I hope that losing a long time customer, four future customers and maybe even all the future customers that I am going to spread the word to, was worth a $20.00 shirt!!! Screw"corporate policy"!!!

What ever happened to customer service or 100% satisfaction guaranteed? So this is what i'm left with... I have to tell my grandma that if she wants to do her christmas shopping at her convenience, that she now better question return/exchange policies so that she doesn't get ripped off. A little old lady... Pretty sad if you ask me. And for me and my kids, we left with a bitter taste in our mouths and my 11 year old without a usable present from her great-grandmother. Merry #ing christmas!!!

Comments

Ch
  8th of Aug, 2008
Are you actually reading your comment? WHO BUYS A CHRISTMAS GIFT IN AUGUST?!
Sa
  23rd of Oct, 2008
It does say the return policy on the receipt if you just turn it over that pretty blue writing on the back states that you have 90 days to return or exchange items, and the 90 day return policy is actually one of the longest ones here in Canada. If you went to Wal-mart, you would only have 14 days with your receipt to be able to return something.

Sears Brands Logo Sears Brands