Sears / keep getting calls all week!

1 Canada Review updated:

I keep getting calls all week from the same number [protected]. They don't say which company they are from, but give the option of removing yourself from their list by calling [protected].

By doing a search of that number I found out people all over are getting these harassing calls. Even after you follow the instructions to remove yourself from their list, they still keep calling me everyday.

Beware!

Comments

• Te
      10th of Jan, 2007

I take every telemarketer call i get. I talk with them as long as i can, sometimes almost an hour, inquiring about the services or products they offer, then i say I'm not interested, the longer they are on the phone the less calls they can send out. I always act interested while i put them on hold once in a while.

1 866 449 4430
    1 514 315 5006
    1-519-346-2518

Waste telemarketer time. You don't have to talk, put them on speaker phone or something and just give em a sound once in a while just so they know your still there. The person on the other end of the line gets paid, and the insurance company gets nothing.

• Aa
      31st of Jan, 2007

This is happening to us too from the same number. EVERY SINGLE DAY they call and for 3 days in a row now we've removed our number from their list. Tomorrow I will pick up and inform them of my displeasure!!!

16th of Feb, 2007

I am totally choked; get the same # being called almost every day. 519-346-2518. Finally did a search and its from Sarnia, ONT; selling F$#@%!% insurance. I like the idea of putting on speaker phone hahaa and wasting time. Any other ideas will help.

Thanks

• Sr
      20th of Feb, 2007

I keep getting call from 514-315-5003 and when I try to answer the call, its getting disconnected. It's very annoying. Don't know what to do to get rid of this F****** service.

Thanks

• Am
      27th of Feb, 2007

Putting them on hold does seem like a fun idea... but I haven't been called by an actual human being in so long! It's all machines - stupid recorded messages that go on and on, until I hang up or my answering machine cuts it off after 45 seconds!

• Pi
      6th of Mar, 2007

514-315-5003

They just want to know when you are home.

If you have a call block system (ip phone) but these number in:
    It's all ###

(519) 346-2518
    (418) 690-8352

• Pe
      11th of Mar, 2007

I just wanted to say that we should remember that telemarketers, at least the people who do the actual calling, are real people like us. They too are simply attempting to make a living. I have many friends who worked, at one time or another, at telemarketers, and they are not well paid, nor are they well treated. Believe it or not, it is a high stress job. These poor folks are the subject of much ill-directed hate and anger. Turnover rates are exceptionally high.

On the other hand, the insurance companies, who actually pay and hire these telemarketing firms, are another story. They only employ telemarketing because it produces results. If we really wish to be free from telemarketers, then we should be aiming our efforts at insurance companies. That way, we spare the poor telemarketers of our anger and hate and still achieve our goal of peace and liberty.

Therefore, I wholeheartedly agree that we should put them on speaker phone, put them on hold, and otherwise waste as much time as we can. People will still be paid for their work at the expense of the real enemy, the insurance companies.

• Fr
      11th of Mar, 2007

Got a call from same number, claimed they were CIBC bank (not Sears). Probably 3rd party telemarketing company involved with various companies.

• Bo
      12th of Mar, 2007

(866) 689-4952 I just get a phone call from this number and the guy claims they are CITY BANK.

27th of Mar, 2007

Call the CRTC and complain. I am. They need to know.

These idiots keep calling me on my cell phone. I had to call LONG DISTANCE to get myself removed from their list. This is surely contrary to CRTC rulings on opting in (versus opting out) and making it so difficult, or incurring a cost in order to be removed from their list.

27th of Mar, 2007

Make your complaints here:

CRTC is really the only way to do anything about this.

• Be
      11th of Apr, 2007

I get the same calls every morning while I'm sleeping and every afternoon when im trying to cover up my sleep hrs. I'm pregnant and these calls make me run and rush to pick phone up and its literally dangerous for me. The ringing bell is like the phone is coming from outside Canada which make me think that may my parents are calling from back home, but these stupids are calling. I don't know how many times me and my husband in every tone have told them we r not interested but they never listens. I m facing severe sleep deficiency at night and needs to cover it during day time but they make a mess. Now i took both phone sets off and kept inside cupboard... Finally I'm free. I hate them.

• Mi
      11th of Apr, 2007

OK, get your fingers ready for some retribution, all calls from 514-351-5006, and 866-449-4430 are from "Canadian Premier Life Insurance", call them on their 1-800-598-6918, don't enter any numbers or follow any electronic instructions and the receptionist will answer.

Happy Ranting
    M

• Ph
      28th of May, 2007

I have been getting calls from (514) 315-5006 at least 3-5 times per day, every day excluding weekends. I have called the phone number they give so you can get on their "do not call" list but seeing the number of calls I've received from them have increased since I did that, I think it was just a ploy to see if the number was working or not. It's quite annoying.

• Gh
      28th of May, 2007

I have the same problem. I've called 1-800-598-6918 and waited to get to the receptionist at Canadian Premier Life Insurance. She had no idea how to remove my phone number from the telemarketing record and simply forwarded my call to Customer Service which was an automatic inquiry system asked for a whole bunch of personal info numbers, no matter what I did, the line didn't jump back to any phone operator.

1 866 449 4430
    1 514 315 5006
    1-519-346-2518

All those phone numbers belong to Canadian Premier Life Insurance located at 80 Tiverton Court, Markham, ON L3R 0G4 (905-479 3122 and 905-479-7500). It is a member of the AEGON direct marketing service Inc. at Duncanville, TX 75116 (www.aegondms.com 972-422-3265). You can try your luck with AEGON telemarketer if you don't mind making long distance call.

• Al
      25th of Sep, 2007

This telemarketing "company" is Centennial Marketing Group (CMG) based in Montreal. They are contracted by banks, credit card companies, insurance companies, etc, to do their dirty work. They are a bunch of lawless jerks who belong in a jail.

• Cr
      26th of Sep, 2007

for anyone interested here is a link to all of the info on the company responsible for this send an email or call everyone, and we will see if this nonsense stops.

14th of Oct, 2007

Head Office Number: 514-847-9009
    Fax Number: 514-847-5361
    Email: info@centennialmarketing.com

Web site: www.centennialmarketing.com

Phone numbers used (not a complete list):
    514-315-5002, 514-315-5003, 514-315-5004, 514-315-5006, 514-315-0512, 514-315-0513, 514-315-0513, 514-315-3788, 519-346-2518, 866-449-4430

Assistant chief: Denis Garneau, dgarneau@centennialmarketing.com

Rogers RCI Call-Net
    333 Bloor St. East
    10th floor
    Toronto Ontario M4W 1G9
    (do not complain to Bell, CMG is a Rogers subscriber)

CRTC