Sears / rebates denial
I bought a stainless steel Kenmore dishwasher in February. I was told by the sales person that I'll get a $60 rebate from Sears for the delivery. She printed out two receipts for me: the official receipt and the receipt to be used in the rebate submission. I was told that I only needed to submit the rebate receipt and to hold on to the official receipt. Fine.
After sending in the rebate application, I received a letter in April saying that my submission was denied. It was a form letter, and it was not specified what the reason for the denial was. I called Sears, and the guy I spoke with said that there shouldn't be any problems with my rebate and that I should expect a check in 15 days. A month passes, and I called again. This time, a woman claims that I never submitted a receipt to them! I talked to the local sales office in town, and they promised to try to do something about this and will call me back. Of course I haven't heard from them since.
This happened to the rebate we were supposed to get for a freezer we bought a few years ago, too. I never kept track of that one, so it's partly my fault. But this second case shows a pattern.
So that's it. I'm never buying anything from Sears again. We are planning on buying a new range and refrigerator, but I'll be going somewhere else. I'm also cancelling my Sears credit card and my membership to the Craftsman Club. If anyone asks me, I'm going to tell them to forget buying anything from Sears.
More Sears Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Sears - customer service department 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Refrigerator - poor quality product! 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer Machine - terrible company! 
- Sears Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator - Dept of energy agreement does not compensate me properly 
- [Resolved] Sears Die Hard Gold Battery - it should be named the die easy battery 
- Sears Brands - je more elite
- Sears - master protection agreement not honored
- Sears Brands - protection agreement division
- Sears Home Improvements - gutters and soffits
- Sears Brands - working conditions