SBI Credit Cards / sbi promotions are fake!
I hold a SBI Gold Card No 4xxxxxxxxxxx9058 from SBI. I made a purchase for over Rs 30000 in the month of October 2006. As that was a promotion period "Jo Dikhta Hai Wohi Mi1ta Hai” offer from SBI, I won myself a Diamont Pendant worth Rs 4595. I received a letter dated 22-Nov-2006 signed by Nirupam Sahay, Vice President - Marketing, SBI mentioning the same.
As I didn’t receive any pendant from SBI till Feb 15th, I wrote a letter addressing to "The Marketing Manager (JDHWMH offer), SBI Cards and Payment Services Pvt Ltd, PO Bag No 28; GPO, New Delhi 110001” as given in the letter from SBI (In case of non-receipt of the pendant till 15th Feb 2007, please write to...).
As there was no response from SBI to my letters, I called SBI Cards helpline no. 040-[protected], to file a complaint and also sent a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. There was no response for any of the mail or phone calls.
On 16-Mar-2007, I was given a complaint number [protected] and the executive said that SBI is following on the case and I would receive the pendant in 1 week. I used to call SBI every week to receive the stereo type answer "You would receive in another week" or "please call after 1 week to know about the status". When I called the helpline on 30-Apr-2007, I was surprised to hear from one Ms Saranya that there is no complain number for this case and she resisted to give a complaint number.
When I called the SBI helpline again on 7/May/2007, I was give a fresh complaint number [protected] and was asked to wait for another 3 days. This looks like a cat and mouse game, where I call SBI regularly and they keep postponing things. The promotion looks like a false one to mislead people. I am not sure if anyone ever received the so called pendant they promised to give.
On getting frustrated I sent mails to the vice president on e-mal ID email@example.com. It looks like the VP doesn't even read mails, but sends a response using a standard template. The response doesn't have any sense at all.
SBI also sells sensitive data to its vendors. I observed this as I receive promotional calls to the number which only SBI credit Card officials know.
More SBI Credit Cards Complaints & Reviews
- SBI ATM Card - lost atm card! 
- SBI ATM - transaction declined, amount debited from account 
- SBI ATM Card - to block lost sbi atm card 
- SBI online internet banking - https://www.onlinesbi.com/ is not working science 10 days 
- State Bank Of India - non payment of pension arrears revision of pension 
- State Bank Of India [SBI] - credit card
- State Bank Of India [SBI] - updating of mobile number is not happening for a/c no-10635173296
- SBI - personal loan
- State Bank Of India [SBI] - refund of deducted money not received
- State Bank Of India [SBI] - chitranjan branch-regarding frauds withdraw money in three transaction total amount rs 38400