Samsung / hard disk warranty

1 Mumbai, United States Review updated:

Hi, had purchased 7, 40 gp samsung hdd from mumbai. After that I had a problem in 3 hard disk. Then I had given my hard disk to samsung service center on 27, jan 2009, at lamington road express digital system. They told me come after fiffteen days get the replacement but after 15 I have been get my hard disk back by replacement, but after 15 days express digital system they have no stock of 40 gb hdd.

Comments

• Ra
      5th of Sep, 2009

Similar problem I also had . I have a 80GB HDD which conked off . I went to Samsung service centre at Gurgaon which told me, I have two choices (a) either handover at Gurgaon -- it will take 30 days for replacement OR (b) go to Nehru Place Samsung service centre -- which will replace in a week .
    I left it at the gurgaon service centre and called up after 25 days to enquire wheher the replacement has arrived . The SC told me, I have to wait for 30 days, so when I caled again onb 32nd day, I was told the hard disk has arrived ( in fact a bunch of HDD has arrived ) but they are waiting for Head office advice to handover as serial no matching ( defective VS replacement HDD) is yet to arrive from HO . One week of regular followup yielded nothing, the guys refused to even tell me HO address and contact person name .
    After a week ( total 40 days since I have handed over the HDD ), I called up one of my friend from the industry ( working with another consumer electronics company in a senior position ) who in turn called up his counterparts in Samsung and miracle occured ---- within one hour everything was sorted out and I got ( repeated ) calls to pick up my HDD.

Also I had a Samsung AC which is 7 years old and hardly used for last 4 years . I sent it for servicing as cooling was not effective . But I was told it is unserviecable that is the base is 'corroded' and no longer available.

So guys beware of Samsung .