Sam's Club / gas pump shut off not working

1 Tampa, FL, United States Review updated:

at least (2) gas pumps at Sams club in Tampa Fla the auto shut off did not work, gas on ground & shoes. no apparent safety measures around pump to contain spill. No attendant in office at gas island, he was working in nearby car wash. I finally found him and notified him of the problem but he didn't appear as though he was going to do anything in the near future. Tried to get on Sams Club web site to complete the survey the have on cash register recepit but that didn't work.When my membership expires I think I will use the money to replace my "gasoline soaked shoes".

Di

Comments

24th of Apr, 2009

Definitely a safety hazard when the pump continues to pump after the tank is full. No excuses here folks. Either the pump attendant is aware of the problem and chooses to ignore it (ignorant of the fact that he is about to be barbecued one of these days) or he may already have informed his supervisor and has not gotten any response. I would call the Fire Dept. instead and have THEM knock on their management door. Until then, No Smoking Please !!!

• Je
      24th of May, 2011

The same happened to me in Michigan and I called the police. They did not send the fire department even though there was about 3 gallon of gas puddled aroubd my car. The police wouldnt even file a report so I could take my complaint further. Where do I go from here? The fumes made me sick!