Sam's Club Optical / Refused Service

1 York, PA, United States Review updated:

I had an eye exam on 11/26/08. I had had pnuemonia for 5 weeks and did not get back for my follow-up. About 2 weeks ago, I went into get some contacts and the sales rep said I would have to pay for a complete exam again because I didn't come bavk for the follow-up. She stated they had a new eye DR. and the one I had had left. I feel I paid for that eye exam and that is my contact prescription. She was not very professional. I did get upset and she did not help things at all with her know-it-all attitude. Thank You for any help you can give me.

Pa

More Sam's Club Optical Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• It
      12th of Jun, 2009

From my understanding, Sam's Club has independent contract Doctors. When you pay for an eye exam, you're paying the Doctor who really has no affiliation with Sam's Club. Sam's Club just gets money out of contacts and glasses. When Doctors leave a place like that, they generally bring along all their patient files with them. The new Doctor starts fresh. I can understand why you would have to pay for another exam because it's another Doctor, but Sam's Club is usually known for customer service and I would have went to a store manager. It's kind of late now.

If it isn't already too late already, find out where the Doctor went to and try to have a follow up in his new location. You paid him. You also should have let Sam's Club know that you were sick otherwise it just sounds like you're making excuses.