Sam's Club / credit card scams

1 FL, United States Review updated:

2004 I took out a sams membership and it's credit card. I used it for a major purchase and then paid it off. Never used it again. A year later, after relocating to another state, the sams membership auto renewed, and charged that renewal to my card ( unknown to me) ...Some months later, I discovered that hey had reported me to the credit bureaus as delinquent and a charge off -- I did get the charges removed, and discontinued membership, but 4 and 5 years later, it is still haunting my credit record. they are unscrupulous crooks and liars. I will never do business with GE Money Bank, or Sams clubs again as a result of this.

Comments

• Be
      28th of Feb, 2009

well u no i had the same thing happen to me i called sams cust service and theyfixed it for me i moved and never updated my address my fault forgot i had it noticed it called them it was off my credit report 30 days later so i would call them and not yell just talk to them and tell them what happen .

• Un
      5th of Mar, 2009

Yeah they will fix it if they have the incorrect address...no need to freak out about it though since you moved and never notified your credit card company. Or file a dispute with the FCRA.