Sam's Club / membership fees. poor visibility

Hi,

We are visiting the US. After loading all our stuff into the shopping cart at Sams club in Port Charlotte, we where told at the cash counter that we needed to be members to shop there. The woman at the registry told us we could get a one day shopping pass at customer service. Off we went to customer service only to be told that there was no such thing as a one day shopping pass and that we had to return all the goods in our shopping cart or pay 40USD for a memebership in order to purchase stuff there.

We love the US and the shopping possibilities here. Sams club was a negative experience. If you are not allowed to shop somewhere without paying 40 USD for it - at least there should be a clear warning on every commercial they show. I guess "club" gives them that right - but hey - it looks like your average walmart.

Lars, Norway

La

Comments

3rd of Mar, 2009

Though most people realize that a club means you have to become a part of it, the door greeter should have directed you towards the membership desk. Also, there is something as a one-day pass, but you have to find those passes outside the club in promotional magazines, or newspapers. The upcharge on your purchase will be 10% since you do not have a membership, so it's best that you buy one. The $40 or $100 you spend on your membership each year is worth it, in my opinion.

• Wh
      23rd of Nov, 2009

Has anyone had the experience in the past of Sam's Club Cashier pushing early renewal
    of membership dues? Then finding out later that SAM's moved your anniversary back effectively cheating you out of several weeks or even months of membership dues that you already paid!!!

• Do
      7th of Jan, 2011

Dear [censor],

First of all, Sam's Club does not look like Walmart whatsoever. You might notice that one looks like a warehouse and the other does not. I'll let your keen intellect figure out which is which. Secondly, a "club" is commonly associate with membership dues. You know that employee that asks you for a card upon entering the building? That should be a fairly clear cut indicator that you need a membership card to shop there. Please remain in Norway.

Sincerely,

Society.

• Id
      13th of Jan, 2011

wow society - you are a [censor] to expect people from another country to know things we grow up knowing. no wonder everyone hates americas.

• Do
      17th of Feb, 2011

I hate you, idontcare2, because you are a [censor]. Apart from the occasional typographical error, you possess real life stupidity. Please go die in a car fire. Take some of your libtard friends on a drive with you. Inhale deeply for fear the rescue crews are expedient. If the fire doesn't get you, I can only hope smoke inhalation does.

Sincerely,

Society.

By the way, assclown, society isn't my username. Look harder next time, brainiac.

• Ir
      14th of May, 2011

I have to agree with Don'tBeAMoron, your stupidity is astounding.

• Wp
      16th of May, 2011

"Don't Be a ###"- I understand your gripe with the OP, but your vitriol only show your own insecurity. Grow up.

• Wp
      16th of May, 2011

Wait, Don't Be a ###- just noticed you are in Texas...that explains everything. Condolences.