Sam's Club / donation and throwing food away

3446 New Germany-Trebein Rd Beavercreek, OH, United States Review updated:
Phone: (937)426-1511

Sam's Club has just lost my business. We own a restaurant and Sam's Club supplied food to us. Last year we asked Sam's Club to Donate to us to help us feed 200 homeless people. This year we did the same. We were told last night that we were not selected to receive help this year. We do not ask for much either, a $25 gift certificate to thier store will buy alot in addition to our other suppliers. Also they throw out food daily. I have watched them throw it all out on a conveyor belt into a dumpster. I asked if we could have the food to take to local churches and homeless centers. They will not give that food to the needy because they are afraid of a lawsuit. Can't they take thier name off of the products and donate the food??? I did not realize there were so many homeless people until I started to feed them several times a year. It is so very sad to see them. I believe "If there is a will, there is a way" They could find a way to donate the food that will exclude them from any lawsuits...if they wanted to help. Wouldn't that be a baby step to helping the economy? Help them to start eating, who can then get stronger to get a job, then a home, and then spend money at stores!?!? Sam's is not the only ones that does this. All the big chains of grocery stores does. If anyone knows how we can help, let me know.
Ta

Comments

Hk
  16th of Aug, 2009
Unfortunately, I don't believe anything can be done. You should be mad at the people eager to sue Walmart Corp rather than the stores that are trying to protect themselves. No one wants to throw away food that could help someone else but corporate mandates that they do.
Pe
  29th of Nov, 2009
Instead of lambasting Sams, be an activist. Bug your representatives to allow such sources to donate food without the risk of backlash. If I were a business owner, I wouldn't donate food either. You not only risk lawsuits, but you risk having your business closed down. A Good Samaritan law already exists. Find out what laws further support what this Act provides and present it to the manager of your Walmart.

Ge
  9th of Dec, 2010
wow. youre winning because you cant get anything for free? really? i think them now giving away their old food, incase of a law suit is a good idea on them.

Sam's Club / Sam's West Logo Sam's Club / Sam's West