Safeway.com / safeway driver destroyed my fence

1 Sebastopol, CA, United States Review updated:

Today, for the first time, I received a grocery delivery from Safeway.com. While pulling into my driveway, the delivery person hit my fence, snapping a concrete-imbedded pole at the point where it is embedded in the concrete.

The driver asked that I not call Safeway as this was his second accident in one week. He offered to repair the fence and gave me his phone number so he could repair the damage without incurring another offense to his driving record.

My landlord asked that I call Safeway to report the accident. I called the Safeway customer service number, was asked if I knew the delivery persons driver's license number (I didn't), but I had a record relating to the delivery. I asked about safeway.com's policies re destruction of property and the customer service rep said she'd file a complaint for me but couldn't provide further information. I was also told that it would take two working days for my complaint to be filed with Safeway.

Va

Comments

29th of Aug, 2008

It happened on 8-26-08 @ 21:10

In the recipt it says 'You could have save $$$ i Join the Safeway
    club. Not only the cashier didn't let me know about that. I actually put the card on the counter and he neglected it until I
    asked did you screen mycard and that was after I paid in full.

When I checked my recipt later I found out that I was charged an item that I didn't purchsed. Not only I was charged but I was TWICE for that item . Is that careless or cheating ?

• Sk
      19th of Dec, 2012
    Safeway.com - You will lose your time and gain nothing but frustration
    Safeway.com
    safeway.com

This review is of the (central) customer service, not the markets.

Customer service either by phone or their Web form is incredibly useless. Why they encourage such communication is a mystery, as I've found on each of several occasions that it's just about impossible to get any information or help in that manner. You will lose your time and gain nothing but frustration.