Royal Holiday / flat out rip-off!
My wife and I made the horrible mistake of purchasing a Royal Holiday membership in Cozumel in February 2005. I have been trying to use our "5 Year Unlimited Cozumel and Play del Carmen" benefit ever since. We have paid over $11k, and still they refuse to honor the commitment we have in writing. Our agreement states "You have the option of 5 years unlimited use in Cozumel at the PARK ROYAL RESORT paying the $42 USD tax included per day per person for the all inclusive fee. Children from 6 years to 12 years old pay half price & children under 6 years old are free, without deducting from your Royal Holiday credits." Royal Holiday refuses to honor this agreement and states we must pay the prevailing rate, which is almost double. I'm afraid if we did, we'd probably never see the inside of a room anyway. They are liars and evade every one of our attempts to use the benefits of "the club".
After getting the runaround from the normal phone reps, I was given the name of a supervisor (Erica), but have obviously been unable to speak with her despite calling well over 20 times. She is never there and does NOT return calls...surprise, surprise!
Actually, our history of problems with Royal Holiday goes back much further back than this, but we figured we'd give this one last try before going to back VISA to have all of our money refunded (we have already contacted them and they have agreed to do so when we provide the necessary backup).
I would advise anyone looking to invest a penny with Royal Holiday to walk away and look for a reputable vacation company. This operation will cause you nothing but trouble. I am looking for anyone who has had a similar experience and/or a positive outcome to their problems. Also, if there is a class action lawsuit I could join, I would be interested in receiving information.
More Royal Holiday Complaints & Reviews
- Royal Holiday Club - class action lawsuit! 
- Royal Holiday Club - got money back and contract cancelled! 
- Royal Holiday - royal holiday is a scam! 
- Royal Holiday Club - problems getting cancellation! 
- Royal Holiday Club - cancellation of contract 
- Royal Holiday Vacation Club - royal holiday vacation package
- Royal Holiday Vacation Club - royal holiday vacation club
- Royal Holiday Vacation Club - membership dues, inability to use timeshare and not honoring. agreed upon contract. would like all dues and fees paid refunded
- Royal Holiday Vacation Club - this company is a scam
- Royal Holiday Vacation Club - holiday