Royal Holiday / flat out rip-off!

My wife and I made the horrible mistake of purchasing a Royal Holiday membership in Cozumel in February 2005. I have been trying to use our "5 Year Unlimited Cozumel and Play del Carmen" benefit ever since. We have paid over $11k, and still they refuse to honor the commitment we have in writing. Our agreement states "You have the option of 5 years unlimited use in Cozumel at the PARK ROYAL RESORT paying the $42 USD tax included per day per person for the all inclusive fee. Children from 6 years to 12 years old pay half price & children under 6 years old are free, without deducting from your Royal Holiday credits." Royal Holiday refuses to honor this agreement and states we must pay the prevailing rate, which is almost double. I'm afraid if we did, we'd probably never see the inside of a room anyway. They are liars and evade every one of our attempts to use the benefits of "the club".

After getting the runaround from the normal phone reps, I was given the name of a supervisor (Erica), but have obviously been unable to speak with her despite calling well over 20 times. She is never there and does NOT return calls...surprise, surprise!

Actually, our history of problems with Royal Holiday goes back much further back than this, but we figured we'd give this one last try before going to back VISA to have all of our money refunded (we have already contacted them and they have agreed to do so when we provide the necessary backup).

I would advise anyone looking to invest a penny with Royal Holiday to walk away and look for a reputable vacation company. This operation will cause you nothing but trouble. I am looking for anyone who has had a similar experience and/or a positive outcome to their problems. Also, if there is a class action lawsuit I could join, I would be interested in receiving information.

Sincerely,
Jim Venema

Comments

7th of Jul, 2008

I am very familiar with Royal holiday Club.
    For the past 14 yrs I have known the company. In-fact I know of happy members, in many u.s. staes and many other destinations around the world. In respect to your situation, have you requested other destinations? Did you requset prime time as your vacation dates?

Continue trying to contact the supervisor and/or try another number . I suggest 1-800-961-1810.

• Vf
      7th of Nov, 2009

EVERYBODY LISTEN!!

The thing to do is to simply STOP PAYING THESE CROOKS!!

Those people who have stopped paying fees are RIGHT! I intend to do the same thing. I hope and wish a class-action suit is began (I will GLADLY join!), but until then the best thing we can do is to just STOP giving them anymore of our hard-earned money!

Just think. In 30 years at about $400/year, that's another $12, 000 wasted!

After all. With today's economy, just about everyone's credit has a mark or two on it anyway!

• Mo
      18th of Oct, 2013

I know how you feel, and it seems like this is a common problen in Mexico. I purchased a travel program through Sandos Playacar at Royal Elite Timeshare Resort in Playa del Carmen last March and I requested to cancel within the 5 day grace period but they still have not refunded my down payment of over $9000 US dollars. I have been in touch with people there and they say they are working the process but it takes time. It has now been almost 5 months and I am losing faith they will ever pay me back. This is another forum with more complaints about this company:

I believe we should do something about it, as I understand Mexican regulations forbid the offering of gifts, free vacation certificates or any other promotion strategies without informing the consumer the specific purpose of the offer. I want to complaint with PROFECO about this, and get my money back