Ross for Less / I will never return to this store

I went to Ross for Less on Tunnel road in Asheville, NC today after i worked a 12hr shift. I was in line to make a return. I was behind a lady that had a purchase. The manager told the floor supervisor that she had to do my return. The manager asked me if i wanted to look around before i did my return, i said no. So she told me i had to get in line. I was already in line. There was a customer behind me with a buggy full of items, one of which didn't have a tag on it so i had to wait till she called an associate to make another tag for the shirt. These people were behind me not in front of me. I don't think that i am any better than any one else but i should have been taken before the people standing behind me. So i left the store and will never return to this location ever again. I tell people about that ross in general all the time because i have always been able to find something every time i have went into one of the stores. It hurts me to make this complaint because this is my favorite store. I have worked in retail before so i know it can be very stressful. I used to run a customer service desk and no one has ever complained about me not being fair to them. Thank you.

Comments

Ba
  10th of Oct, 2007

I really don't think that is a good enough reason not to shop at the store ever again. I love Ross For Less and even though I dislike standing in the long lines and having to wait it won't stop me from shopping there to get the great bargains they have. Employees of retail stores are human and make mistakes, maybe that is what is was, so lighten up. Maybe the clerks did not realize you were in front of those people and you should have asserted yourself in that regard. The people behind you should have been courteous enough to stay in their place and let you go ahead so that was rude but like I said I would not let something like that ruin my bargain future!

Da
  31st of Oct, 2007

I actually heard your new Ross commercial on the t.v. tonight... a new low, advertising Christmas (complete with holiday music) on Halloween. What kind of un-check greed would motivate a large company like Ross to subject its consumers to this brand of commercialism this early in the year? Could Ross and its Board members be that desperate for business, or simply that out of touch with how inappropriate such an untimely ad would appear?

I for one will not be doing any of my extensive holiday shopping at Ross, as you have put an unsavory taste in my mouth before I even had a chance to enjoy some good Halloween candy. Good to know Scrooge is alive and as greedy as ever... in the guise of the big blue Ross For Less neon.

Dan Coates
Los Angeles, CA.

Ma
  25th of Mar, 2008

I went to make a return today at the Margate Florida store and they had only 2 registers open and about 15 people in one line and the other line had about 10 because they were going to shut the register down. If you can do a volume of business you could at least please the customer by haveing enough people to take care of the consumer in a prompt manner. I suggest you add staff to all of your stores. It is the same problem with all of your locations.

Marsha Walor