Ross for Less / I will never return to this store

I went to Ross for Less on Tunnel road in Asheville, NC today after i worked a 12hr shift. I was in line to make a return. I was behind a lady that had a purchase. The manager told the floor supervisor that she had to do my return. The manager asked me if i wanted to look around before i did my return, i said no. So she told me i had to get in line. I was already in line. There was a customer behind me with a buggy full of items, one of which didn't have a tag on it so i had to wait till she called an associate to make another tag for the shirt. These people were behind me not in front of me. I don't think that i am any better than any one else but i should have been taken before the people standing behind me. So i left the store and will never return to this location ever again. I tell people about that ross in general all the time because i have always been able to find something every time i have went into one of the stores. It hurts me to make this complaint because this is my favorite store. I have worked in retail before so i know it can be very stressful. I used to run a customer service desk and no one has ever complained about me not being fair to them. Thank you.

• CarlX's Response, Sep 22, 2018

1-3:45, two cashiers, no movement. still slow. No manager as of yet.

I will never return to this store

Comments

• Ba
      10th of Oct, 2007

I really don't think that is a good enough reason not to shop at the store ever again. I love Ross For Less and even though I dislike standing in the long lines and having to wait it won't stop me from shopping there to get the great bargains they have. Employees of retail stores are human and make mistakes, maybe that is what is was, so lighten up. Maybe the clerks did not realize you were in front of those people and you should have asserted yourself in that regard. The people behind you should have been courteous enough to stay in their place and let you go ahead so that was rude but like I said I would not let something like that ruin my bargain future!

• Da
      31st of Oct, 2007

I actually heard your new Ross commercial on the t.v. tonight... a new low, advertising Christmas (complete with holiday music) on Halloween. What kind of un-check greed would motivate a large company like Ross to subject its consumers to this brand of commercialism this early in the year? Could Ross and its Board members be that desperate for business, or simply that out of touch with how inappropriate such an untimely ad would appear?

I for one will not be doing any of my extensive holiday shopping at Ross, as you have put an unsavory taste in my mouth before I even had a chance to enjoy some good Halloween candy. Good to know Scrooge is alive and as greedy as ever... in the guise of the big blue Ross For Less neon.

Dan Coates
    Los Angeles, CA.

25th of Mar, 2008

I went to make a return today at the Margate Florida store and they had only 2 registers open and about 15 people in one line and the other line had about 10 because they were going to shut the register down. If you can do a volume of business you could at least please the customer by haveing enough people to take care of the consumer in a prompt manner. I suggest you add staff to all of your stores. It is the same problem with all of your locations.

Marsha Walor

14th of Aug, 2018
    Ross Dress for Less - Clothes and everything in store
    Compton
    California

The clothes are no good. They are sensitive to my skin and hurting me. Its also dirty. The people are rude and nasty.

• Co
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Ross Dress for Less - Every thing
    Palmdale
    California

Purchased used ideams. Customer service argued with recite . Manager didnt return anything

• Mu
      21st of Aug, 2018
    Ross Dress for Less - Associate and manager incomplete performance
    Darien
    Connecticut
    rosstores.com

While I was working in Ross my associate and manager talks whole time and at time of closing they give all work to me and close store at 12:30am instead of 12:00 am
    I have proof as well, so I tried to talk with manager but nothing works
    Please do something

10th of Sep, 2018
    Ross Dress for Less - Employee treatment

Employees can work for weeks with no paycheck. Managers will change schedules without consulting or discussing with the affected employees.
    I know an employee who has been there 3 weeks, no paycheck. Last week she went in to work and was told, "Oh, I changed your schedule...forgot to call...good thing you live close... see you at noon instead".

• So
      11th of Sep, 2018
    Ross Dress for Less - Poor customer services
    Waldorf
    Maryland

This is very Horrible.. it’s tons of people pulling up and tryin to get into ROSS #3050 in Waldorf, MD 20603. Their no manager in site and we wondering why at 10:58 no one has shown up for work.

• Ca
      2nd of Oct, 2018
    Ross Dress for Less - Line, one cashier
    North Las Vegas
    Nevada

1-3:30 pm one cashier, Lake Mead & Civic ctr. Las Vegas, NV. 30 people on line. Pic per request. Mgr Terese out. No mgr available.

• Fs
      21st of Oct, 2018
    Ross Dress for Less - Director Meghan Laurikietis
    New York
    New York

Simply put rude and smug.

I'd expect someone of her ability and statue to be more professional and accommodate a business realitionship this was far from my expectations .

I am rethinking my whole strategy of doing business with this company from this incident forward.

• On
      22nd of Oct, 2018
    Ross Dress for Less - 88 Nazi shirts

My wife, myself or any of our friends or family will ever shop at a Ross again.

• Zy
      4th of Nov, 2018
    Ross Dress for Less - Cashier
    San Francisco
    California

A cashier named mavin ross sloat was very rude. To all the customers. She acts very irritated and unfriendly.