Ross Dress for Less — unfair employee practices
I was a Store Manager for a Ross store in Region 3 under Steve Reed. Ross allocates only 3% payroll to their stores and keeping them in a shoppable, well recovered manner is very challenging especially around Christmas when the stores inventory doubles from what it would normally have during March. I was put on a 90 day performance improvement plan on December 2nd with followup dates of 01/02 02/02 and 03/02. During the first 30 days little progress was made as I had to weed out the low performing associates, and the inventory levels were still high. During the 30-60 day review a lot of progress was made except for recovery standards in the clearance and ladies shoes area of the store. On the 60day review form the date of the 90 day review was changed from 03/02 to 2/28 which happens to be the end of the pay period. During the last 30 days all objectives were met and my District Manager told me that I will be coming off the PIP as I have basically did eveything asked of me. I haven't seen my boss dince 02/21 and on 03/04 he came in the store and we went to the office. I thought that he was there to tell me that everything was ok and that I had done a great job, instead he told me that I was being terminated for not making enough progress in the first 30 days.. Not a very employee friendly company to work for!
More Ross Dress for Less Complaints & Reviews
- Ross Dress for Less - worst place, rudest people!
- Ross Dress for Less - w2
- Ross Dress for Less - employees
- Ross Dress for Less - wrongful termination
- Ross Dress for Less - ridiculous customers!
- Ross Dress for Less - personnel - store manager
- Ross Dress for Less - store atmosphere
- Ross Dress for Less - return
- Ross Dress for Less - dishonest company with returns
- Ross Dress for Less - manager assistant lisa ross