Menu
Ross Dress for Less
reviews & complaints

Ross Dress for Less
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

603 complaints
89 resolved 514 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Ross Dress for Less. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
A
11:27 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Ross Dress for Less - unethical employee shopping practices

At the Ross where I work the mark down clerks are the only employees that get to purchase the items that are significantly marked down, i.e. Mk shoes orig price $200 now marked down to $12 being purchased by mark down clerk only. That example is only one of about 500 items that I know of in the 2 years that I have been employed at the store. Other employees complain but this practice continues. I feel that we should all have a shot at these deep discounted prices and not just those who happen to mark them down. One employee in particular walked out of the store with 2 shopping carts full of shoes, purses, clothes and everything was high end. Oh, and by the way, very few of the clothing & shoes were her size.

6:40 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Friday, February 12, 2016. I selected a pair of pants to try on before purchase. The fitting room attendant with head covering came to assist me. First she did a pat down search of the pants and instructed that I must return the hanger. After deciding to purchase and not in need of the hanger I returned and told the attendant I was purchasing the the pant...

9:07 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

While shopping in the Lake Havasu City AZ, after 10;00 pm I noticed a Spanish couple with their two children. They were allowing there children to run around the store un-supervised tearing apart the toy section by ripping open the packages and throwing them on the floor. An associate asked the parents to keep an eye on there children and if they were going...

V
11:06 pm EST

6:35 pm EST

Ross Dress for Less - work environment

I worked for ross in portland, or at the cascade station location. It was terrible! No type of training, management not willing to work w/ you on availability, if you complain to management you don't get hours, minimum wage for everything, w2's take too long to mail out, slow pw, everything was out of date, management would run away from all problems, my location kept extending store hours at the end instead of beginning, stock manager was rude and favorited certain people, night manager would make us stay extra to finish what others didn't not and would not help, never scheduled enough people to work, some lazy co workers, fitting room was terrible and needed more assistance but was never provided, cashiers were old that productivity #'s were low and would get in trouble, stock never had the materials that were needed to finish the line, vending machines in always are my money, store flow always changing in always that didn't make sense, hummers that didn't work properly and bathrooms were never clean. Overall what made my experience a bad one was the simple fact that management was terrible! They don't help, listen, lazy and always take credit for something they didn't do. If you have bad management how is the company going to be successful? Please evaluate the cascade station, portland, or staff! It needs some serious help! Don't get me wrong there is some great workers like carolyn, jasmine both of them, grimma, chevy, cameron, debbie and a couple more but as far as managers they all need to be looked into because it was never fair. Thank you!

1 comment
V
Feb 08, 2016 11:02 pm EST

I recently got hired at a Ross in Miami, Florida. Out of all the jobs I've had throughout my current college career, Ross takes the cake as the worst. My first day, I was barely trained at the cash register before I was thrown into my own and forced to ring up around 20 angry customers who were unaware that I had no idea what I was doing. The managers would get pissed whenever I would call them over due to the fact that they had not shown me how to do returns, give out vouchers, or price checks. After the wave of inpatient customers, one of the managers had the nerve to write me up for being "too slow". This has only been my first to weeks working at Ross and I have already been accused of stealing. I was told I had 'stolen' $9 out of a register and the manager had me sign a paper to send to the company. Also, the loss prevention guy standing in the front spends more time watching me than he does the customers or people that ACTUALLY STEAL (several customers have gotten away with stealing in just the two weeks that I've worked there). He spends most of the day kissing ### up to the manager and snitching on the new employees he catches doing something wrong when it was management's fault in the first place that we never got proper training. And for the people that complain about Ross's 'rude' employees, management tells us we have to call the next customer while the current one is canning his/her card or reaching into their wallet to pay. I hate rushing people just because Ross chooses to have only two registers open. I am very customer service oriented and LOVE to know that someone is happy with their shopping experience. I've never worked at a place that has accused me of stealing written me up because of problems caused by their lack of training, or checked my purse every time I went home.

7:52 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Complaint about Brittney, loss prevention employee at Ross Store #0602. 1/26/16, 4:50 pm. The day before, I had purchased a pink nightgown. It didn't fit right. I went to the store the next day to return it. The item had originally been mis-tagged as blue and not pink. So when I tried to return it, the tag and my receipt didn't match the item that I wa...

N
3:42 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Ross is the only store in the Phoenix, AZ area that has sticks on their carts. You can not take the carts past the door because the door won't let the cart out. I am a senior citizen and a Ross shopper for many years, but today when I purchased several items that I could not carry out of the store in my arms I asked the cashier for help. They denied me the...

6:56 pm EST

Ross Dress for Less - employee

There is a woman named Virginia who works at the Colorado Blvd store in Denver Colorado. She is constantly making racist remarks against white people every time she rings me up at the register. If that is the best employee that Ross could hire I would rather not shop there anymore. Can't they hire anybody decent?

2:17 am EDT

Ross Dress for Less - I get called every another day when I am off

I am mad because the mangers, boss threat to write me up because I miss so many days because they call me no work next day. I was liking are you serious? I only have Mondays off because of the reasons. I am so sick of people waste my time when I want to work. They even threat me that they will write me up for missing so many days. I am waiting for to quit next month. I will call the head boss of Ross.

I
1:07 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was laid off in early 2013. I applied at numerous places. One was Ross Dress for Less, which was opening a new store in Louisville, KY. They called me, interviewed me and hired me. So I took the job in Loss Prevention at their St. Matthews location. It didn't take me long to see how horrible this company was. Our store manager was a snob. She hate...

D
10:08 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Managers are allowing associates get away with out of dress code. Making only women hang clothes and not the men. Cuts everyone's hours without telling them. Not providing the right management and then writing the associates up for not doing something the manager should have told them to do. Not giving credit where it's due. Manager let associate yell at a customer.

View 0 more photos
7:57 pm EDT

Ross Dress for Less - run far, far away

I started working for Ross in May 2013. The day I came in for training one of the assistant managers told me that no one told her I was coming in & that I needed to "come back another day", that should have been a red flag right there that this company is unorganized and doesn't know how to communicate. Within my two years at Ross I saw so many new managers/sales associates, the turnover rate is insane. Over the past two months at least 10 employees have quit, including myself. Our store manager was amazing and kept the store in great shape, but even he quit because he couldn't put up with the DM anymore. Here's an idea Ross, why don't you get rid of your horrible DM Kate instead of having all of your employees quit because of her? I can't tell you how many times I've shown up to work only to be told that hours were being cut due to payroll & they didn't need me. This place does not know how to communicate AT ALL. I would have appreciated someone calling me when the schedule changed or when they didn't need me so I didn't have to waste my time and gas going there. Some of my coworkers would clock out for a lunch but not even take it, they would work instead so things could get done, even though working off the clock is ILLEGAL but Ross doesn't care as long as they save a few bucks. They want things to get done yet this cheap company doesn't want to pay anyone. It's a joke that the fitting room attendant has to make announcements about the great "benefits" of working at Ross. There are NO BENEFITS whatsoever of working here unless you work at least 40 hours a week, and the only people that get those hours are the managers. Everyone else is lucky if they get even ten. The store itself is disgusting & dirty, I tried to avoid using the bathroom as much as possible, we usually didn't have toilet paper so someone would have to run to the dollar store down the street to pick some up. The fact that employees have to pretty much buy their own toilet paper is ridiculous. Another problem we had is never having enough bags, countless times I've had customers get angry because I wasn't able to bag their items. We're told that bags have been ordered but they don't show up until weeks later. Same thing with hangers & size nubs. Ironically they have a SPS that stole money out of two of my coworkers bags in the breakroom but NOTHING was done about it. I refused to bring my bag here anymore knowing that I worked with a thief and the company did nothing about it. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone. Run as far away from this place as you can and don't look back.

9:36 pm EDT

Ross Dress for Less - disgusting amount of discrimination in colorado stores

I was employed at Ross for a round a year. during that period of time i watched a disgusting amount of favoritism in my store in which hard working employees especially the older ones were treated like absolute garbage by the store manager. Their senior citizen employees were constantly harassed, had raises owed to them not given and falsely accused of a variety of things until they were forced out or left due to stress. Mean while they allowed lazy and inept workers to stay and be promoted due to being pals with the the management. When corporate was contacted on these matters they simply stated they would give the management the benefit of the doubt on this behavior and not investigate any further. I have noticed as well in other complaints that they discriminated against pregnant women and it was no different here . During my employment i witnessed a handful of women refused to be rehired after they returned from maternity leave or refused FMLA when the management would routinely take weeks off and not show up on random days with no repercussions

Further more the companies security policies are a joke. They tell their Loss prevention they are allowed to contact the authorities if there is trouble only you find out when you work there they wont call the cops when theres known shop lifters present / intoxicated individuals in the store/ or customers making threats to their staff. most of the their cameras do not even work in the store even though they lied to us that they do and the few that due cant even make out a person walking right in the front door!

Me and a few other employees have already banded together and have gone to the EEOC and will pursue a class action in the near future. If you are a Ross employee current or former especially in the Colorado area and had a similar experience especially in regards to age discrimination. unfair labor law practice, or were a guard who was subjected to unneeded danger due to ross's inept loss prevention policies contact me privately and i will be taking written statements. The only way to stop this companies treatment of its workers is too hit them hard in court and raise awareness in the media together.

6:59 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I arrived at the Ross store in Alpharetta on Monday, February 9th with a return. I was the only person so I chose the closest roped cattle entrapment and was immediately waited on by a cheerful customer service employee, my receipts says it was 11:40am. I then shopped and found several items to buy. When I reached the front of the store, not being used to...

U
6:15 am EST

Ross Dress for Less - horrible employer

Where do I start!? I got hired at Ross on the same day as my interview. They really pave the way with gold and make it seem like an amazing place to work at. The glamour and appreciation wears off after working for about 10 days. The girls I work with are catty. They scold you when you're wrong or try to prove you wrong and criticize. I was working on moving a heavy full dressing room rack when this girl asks me "come on, aren't Ya gonna help me!?" as if I was just standing around. The whole time we were partnered, she was degrading and kept rushing me. ALL of the new people including me get treated bad. We are used as slaves to serve the people who have a little senormity so they don't even have to work. employees will stand around chatting and if you're walking by they will ask you if youre busy and doing your job when they are clearly not doing theirs. Ttwo other groups of employees at Ross dont work as well, the management and the LOSS PREVENTION. the loss prevention doesn't do their job. they stand around. they can't touch merchandise and now they can't even walk the store. people will walk out with bags off stuff. one time loss prevention even forced me to follow around a guy, when I was busy with something else. The managers just run and hide in the office when things get tough. We let people and children damage our stores cleanliness and the products themselves without any care. they get mad at you when you can't stay longer or come in with no notice. They will schedule one day for you, let's say Monday 3--9. You will come in Monday at 3 and they will talk down to you like you're stupid because they changed the schedule without notice and you're an hour early. Yes, no notices are made on schedule changes! they just scold you and let you come in early and make you stay till the set time. They also have had me work Thanksgiving, Christmas eve and New Years eve without asking and without over time. I'm so sick of Ross. whether it's the loss prevention who gets paid to stand at the front, the mean spirits of my co workers and customers or scheduling, I'm overall so unhappy. can't wait to leave.

2 comments
Feb 05, 2015 2:32 pm EST

True facts! THIS STORE NEEDS TO BE AUDITED AND EVERYONE DEALING WITH MANAGEMENT NEEDS TO BE RATED ACROSS THE BOARD. COLLIERVILLE LOCATION IN MEMPHIS TN. EVERYONE NEEDS MORE TRAINING PRIOR TO MANAGEMENT! AND THEY ALL NEED TO RECONSIDER ANGER MANAGEMENT! THEY ARE CONFUSED, OUT OF ORDER, CHILDISH, UNPROFESSIONAL, FALSIFYING STAFF, CROOKS & ETC;

Feb 05, 2015 2:24 pm EST

This is a discriminating Corporation to work for! The MANAGER NAME ERIC AT THE COLLIERVILLE LOCATION IS FILLED IMMATURE YOUNG PEOPLE AND FOOLISH ELDERLY PEOPLE! THE MANAGERS ARE NOT CONFIDENTIAL AT ALL! ALL YOUR BUSINESS WILL BE SHARED AMONG THE STAFF! AND IF YOU REPORT ANY ISSUES YOU WILL GET TERMINATED! BUT THEY WILL LIE TO YOU LIKE THEY WANT YOU TO REPORT IF YOU'RE TREATED UNFAIRLY! THE YOUNG GIRL NAME SIERRA, SHE'S THE STOCK LEAD FULL OF HATRED, ENVIOUS, LOVE TO SCREAM, THROW OBJECTS, SHOW OF TEMPERED TANTRUMS, CRIES ALOT, GHETTO AND WANTS TO FIGHT EVERYONE THAT DOESN'T AGREE WITH HER FOOLISHNESS. SHE USES PERFANITY ALL DAY LONG AND STAY ON HER CELLULAR PHONE CONSTANTLY! IF YOU LET ROSS TELL IT, IT'S AGAINST THE POLICY TO DO THAT! IT'S ALOT OF FAVORITISM AND BROKEN RULES ARE APPLIED IN THIS STORE. BUT THE ONE'S THAT ABIDE, SEEMS LIKE THEY GET PUNISHED FOR GOOD BEHAVIOR! THIS IS A JACK ### LOCATION AND THE FEMININE MANAGER NAME ERIC HAS A GIRLISH ATTITUDE AND TALK TO YOU LIKE, YOU WERE BORN YESTERDAY! HE LOVES TO RETALIATE A LOT! AND IT'S AGAINST THE LAW TO RETALIATE AGAINST ANYONE! THE LORD WILL SEE FIT SOON WATCH! I REBUKE ALL THE DEMONS AT THAT PARTICULAR LOCATION COLLIERVILLE ! SAD PREDATORS!

7:11 pm EDT

Ross Dress for Less - horrible employess

I was absolutely HORRIFIED at the behavior of the associates at the Lombard location on 8/12/14. I entered the store at 930p, the security guy yelled from the cashier station " where the hell did you come from?! " & 2 other associates started laughing. They were all staring at me. They continued to laugh at the guys comment and talk about it as they cleaned the store all around me in the shoe dept. I was extremely uncomfortable as they were staring at me and laughing.
I then went to the store manager "Lilly" she would not make eye contact with me. I told her that I was very upset about her associates behavior, that I did not like what they said to me and would be contacting her corporate office. She just said "okay" ?!She came across as if she was intimidated or afraid of these young kids that were BEYOND unprofessional. I was so upset because I came across town for shoes but I was so shaken by their behavior that I had to leave

A
9:25 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

This company has no consideration for their employees as humans. No mater how hard you work for them, they do not acknowledge your hard work and effort. It is never good enough for them. Also, management is racist and will not promote within unless you are the same race as them or you have to bend over backwards to ensure they like you enough. They will...

J
3:03 pm EDT

Ross Dress for Less - no payment

Applied for a second part time seasonal job at ROSS. The ROSS store in Tempe, AZ on Elliott hired me on the spot. Didnt hear from them for 5 full weeks. They called me and asked if I was still interested in the job. I accepted. Didnt hear from them for another week, so I called them. Albert told me he didnt have any hours for me (So why reoffer me the position?). He told me to come in and start on training. They had me do an hour and and half "training" session. That was it. I had to keep calling about getting hours. Only got ONE day of work. Never heard from them again! Fast forawrd to March, when doing my taxes, I realized I never got a pay stub. Then I realized I never even got paid! Its been weeks and nobody is still helping me. Ive talked to Albert and Grace both. Grace keeps saying she escalated an email to HR but hasnt heard anything. NOBODY has a number to payroll. Then I called again on April 11, 2014 and Grace "miraculously" had a number to HR the whole time. Still no PAYCHECK! Going through hoops to get what I earned is pathetic. Albert lied saying he tried to contact me twice about my check in December. Bull c*** because he never called me EVER! I hope they go out of business...

11:26 am EDT

Ross Dress for Less - sucky job

Only worked here for a month. The manager lied in orientation about the hours aswell as the pay rate. He comes from managing Taco Bell, so why is he managing a retail store? I was a stock team member, our team lead was so ghetto and messy it was a shame. The assistant store manager the same ... We worked 6:30-11 everyday checks were no more than 100$ dollars. They write you up for not finishing 4 boxes a day but the team lead is supposed to do work but never does any work. It's just ghetto and tacky. Not a good place to work. Ridiculous pay. Managers are liars. Team leads will whisper about you and discuss employees and conversations they had with employees. Horrible.

6:54 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Recently I had the unfortunate experience of visiting the Burlington Wa Ross Dress for Less. Not only was the store destroyed, but the management was disgusting and vulgar. I only found out she was management because when I went up to the front of the store to get the number to contact the store manager her picture was on the board. Her name was Amanda...

Ross Dress for Less contacts