Ross Dress for Less / return policy not followed
I am so mad at the experience I just had in the California Novato store that I can barely type. I bought a pair of casual women's shoes at a Ross store this week in Rohnert Park, near my work. Two days later, I went to put them on an realized one was a 6.5 and one was an 8.5. Today, I went to the Ross store in Novato at Vintage Oaks to return them. They have never been worn and I had the original receipt. The clerk told me I would have to return them to the store in Rohnert Park (which is more than 20 miles away). I asked her why - the shoes were unworn, I had the original receipt and it was less than 30 days since my purchase. I read her the policy on the back of my receipt. She said the store would face a loss if they took back the shoes. I argued that that was not my problem. I was following the legal document on the back of my receipt. It said I could return the shoes unworn, within 30 days, with the receipt without a problem. I asked to speak to the manager, Claudia. She simply said the store would face a loss on the return and therefore would not take them back. I would have to drive 20 miles to the original Ross. I asked how that was my problem or fault and she shrugged and looked at me blankly. I had planned on shopping at the store that day but they lost my business. Moreso, I will never shop at a Ross again. The fact that they lie on their return policy is unexcusable. The fact that the original store sold me the mismatched shoes is unacceptable and the hostility and stupidity I faced at the return counter is also unacceptable. This is over a $12.99 pair of shoes. Do me a favor and do not shop at the Ross store at Vintage Oaks in Novato, California.
More Ross Dress for Less Complaints & Reviews
- Ross Dress for Less - worst place, rudest people! 
- Ross Dress for Less - w2 
- Ross Dress for Less - unfair employee practices 
- Ross Dress for Less - employees 
- Ross Dress for Less - wrongful termination 
- Ross Dress for Less - unethical behaviour of store supervisor/associate
- Ross Dress for Less - working at ross
- Ross Stores - paycheck
- Ross Dress for Less - sexual harassment, non workplace convo, making my daughter feel uncomfortable and discrimination...
- Ross Dress for Less - store and dressing room is filthy bacteria