Ross Dress for Less / poor attitude towards employers

1200 STATE HIGHWAY 121, Euless, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 817 2836633

I used to work for ross I started out as customer service. I was offered the lead stockroom and was givin it a girl before was asked but she didnt pass the background check well after a month my father got real sick with cancer I asked for time off they gave me a week. my car broke down coming back and I get a phone call the I was being terminaited because I did not qulify for an l. o. a well the girl that filled in for me was the same girl that didnt get the job because of backgroung check I later find out that she is now lead stock room person the company made ajustments for her and her background check when they couldnt bend it for me to be with my dad well my father passed away and im planning on suing ross for wrongful termination

Comments

• Rn
      21st of Feb, 2011

As long as all your medical papers check and the FAMLA law in your state says so everything should go well for you in your suit... sorry about your dad and the stress you're having. Best wishes.

11th of Oct, 2011

I'm sorry about the stress and the worry you had over your dad because of Ross adding to it. I hope he's alright, and I also hope you sued the hell out of them.

• La
      30th of Nov, 2011

I am soo sorry for your loss. :( That is RIDICULOUS! Ross and Corp. can all go to hell! I know half of the people that work there are illegal. I work at a location thats a nicer area and I love everyone I work with.. well most of them.. but some locations cheat the system on hiring people. Their hiring system is screwy, and they will pinch every last penny out of your paycheck that they can. ###ing idiots.

• Re
      3rd of Feb, 2012

I actually know who this person is talking about and I have to just say a lot of that context is coming in half truths. I do not work for Ross but I do know the person that replaced her as Stock Lead.. and it was 3 months of this person being MIA in and out with health issues/car problems/family issues that lead to the replacement. You can not expect any company like ross who has a turnover rate of employees that will make your head spin, to hold a position.. much less a lead position for anyone. (they fire people like they are a carnival of unemployement) Plus it is Texas .. no wrongful termination can be brought.. AT WILL employement... the worst policy of them all...