Ross Dress for Less / boots with unsafe eyelets and return

1 Danville, VA, United States Review updated:

In October, I purchased a pair of Boots for $19.99 along with a total of $66.28 spent at that time. Due to our weather being warmer, I did not put these boots on until this morning only to find that the eyelets had sharp metal inside the boots. At this time, I decided to return them to the local Ross Store only to get a Credit. I had the original attached ticket on the laces on the boots and the sticker pricing under the bottom of the boot. I took my Bank of America card statement in to show the date of purchase and the $66.28 transaction where I purchased the boots. When the clerk scanned the boots, she told me the price was only $0.49 now and since I could not find my original ticket, she could not give me the price. I am only asking for the $19.99 back since the boots are unsafe to wear and should not have been placed out for anyone to purchase. I am true to size and did not try them on in the store prior, also, I was not told to hang on to my original ticket when I made the $66.28 purchase. Please help, I loved shopping at Ross and had planned on shopping today but instance stopped me.

Na
Dec 29, 2017

Comments

• Sh
      29th of Dec, 2017

I can appreciate the frustration as I'm sure you can appreciate their inability to know what you may have paid for them.

Have you simply tried to fix the eyelets? Shouldn't be too difficult.